Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 4:21:01 PM EDT
What is a good hotel (under 100.00 a night) that is up to date and has a great view? I am also looking for a nice restaurant with a good view. (Also around 100.00 to 125.00 for dinner for two) We were looking online at the Millinium in downtown on the web. We also would consider something decent in Newport as we are going to do the aquarium and King Island.
Any help is appreciated,

Bob
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:54:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Bob, I bet red-leg or tz99 would know. Maybe they will be along shortly
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 4:27:58 AM EDT
[#2]
As far as the hotel, I can't really comment as I've never stayed in a hotel downtown, but there is a new Comfort Suites across the river in Bellevue.  There are also the Mariott Riverview and Embassy Suites in Covington which should have a nice view of Downtown Cincinnati.

However, there are a few really nice restaurants you can choose from.  On the OH side, there is the Montgomery Inn Boathouse...world famous ribs and excellent food all around.  On the KY side, you've got the Waterfront...a riverfront barge bar and restaurant owned by Jeff Ruby with a really nice view of the Cincinnati skyline.  If you're looking for the best meal in that price range, I vote for Jeff Ruby's.  It's across from the Aronoff Center in Downtown Cincinnati so there's no view per-se but the food (especially the steak) is world class.  In the same neighborhood you've also got Nicholson's Tavern...a very well done Scottish Pub with a scotch list the size of a small city phone book.

Those should get you started.

Enjoy your stay!
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks! I will pass this on to the social director.

Bob
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top