Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 9/17/2003 10:57:59 AM EDT
Since I had an aggravating day yesterday with the registrar at my school dicking me over, I decided to head over to Grand River this morning with mmsig229 for some good 'ol stress relief.  There's just something about the weekday crowd there that's made me say - never again on weekdays.

Being that mmsig229 and I both had our AK's, and their tendency to toss brass, we set up very close to the right end of the tables (#17 and 18 out of 19) on the 50 yard range.  We're happily shooting away for an hour and this threesome decides to show up - picnic basket and all (we still haven't figured that one out) - and set up on #19 (there were plenty of free benches to the left of us).  mmsig229 warns them about setting up there because of the flying brass.  They pretty much ignore us and set up anyway.  About ten minutes later, we're getting complaints from the about brass and how we should have set up some netting to catch the brass.  I believe mmsig229 apologized but reminded them he had warned them of this before.  This went on for about another half hour, all the while we were getting dirty looks and comments and finally they left.

On top of this, there was the guy next to me who kept accusing me of shooting his target.  I may be a bad shot, but I'm not that bad...

OK, I think I'm done ranting for today.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 11:26:55 AM EDT
[#1]
From here on out it only gets worse as we get closer to November.  Pretty soon the hunters will show up and ruin everything.
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 12:55:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Ditto, what he said. Well at least I wasn't accused of shooting his target, now had they been high and to the left......We had been shooting there quite awhile, with 7.62x39 ammo many feet to the right to where we were set up. The three stooges show up (they had been at the 100 yard range I believe), and begin setting up. I nicely told them that ak's throw brass and maybe setting up that close wasn't a good idea. Naturally, they ignored me and set up anyway. After awhile Curly informed me that his buddy sold brass catchers for $10.00 and I should buy one. I shrugged and told him that he had been warned, and that I didn't have any control over where the brass ended up. Curly continued with the dirty looks and I decided I'd switch to the 10/22 and wait till they left to continue with the ak. Luckily they left shortly and took their picnic basket with them. The three stooges were also nice enough to leave all their brass everywhere, which engineer and I cleaned up. We ran this "hypothetical" scenario past Barney, and he agreed that we had no obligation to stop shooting, or move. In all fairness to the three, only one was a Cretan, the other two didn't seem to be upset. I was wondering where the red wagon was, it think is was in for a 4 wheel alignment....
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Now I'm sorry I missed out.
There sure are some real assholes out there at shooting ranges. Thats the reason I like the arfcom shoots. Everyone I've shot with from this site as been down to earth and very polite. Some of them shoot high and to the left and have staple guns that don't work, but everyone has fun
Did I hear right? No little red wagon was present at this shoot?  Well if it was in getting an alignment, thats alright
Did either of you partake in any BBQ Pork afterwards?
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 3:42:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey that was me!

Shotar, those folks you are refering to are not hunters.  They are slobs who grab their shotguns and try to kill deer (usually without landowner permission/tags/lic/etc).  Most hunters are good folk, especially us bowhunters!
Link Posted: 9/19/2003 5:36:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Now if you had a CETME without a port buffer you could have really vented some anger!

Link Posted: 9/20/2003 12:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmmmm...I do recall an episode involving Kevf7's Ceteme, thank's for reminding me.....
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:39:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hmmmmm...I do recall an episode involving Kevf7's Ceteme, thank's for reminding me.....

HAHAHA!
Redneck
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top