Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/13/2021 7:33:12 PM EDT
A friend of mine owns a number of firearms on the East Coast which he was basically keeping for me while I was in a very gun unfriendly city. They were originally mine and I transferred them to him. Now I’m in California, definitely not the most permissive state in the union, but at least I can own most of my stuff again.

For weeks now I’ve been trying to find a good FFL who can walk me through things and just be pleasant and helpful and receive them.

Haven’t found one yet. It’s usually the people don’t pick up the phone, don’t seem to want to help or have my business, or have way way too many political signs outside and want to talk my ear off about a bunch of crap I’m not there to discuss. I just want a straightforward place to do these transactions and, if it’s good, keep giving my business once I have them again.

Anyone work with anyone good around LA?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:04:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried Rifle Supply in Huntington Beach?
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to GunBroker.com.

Use their list of local FFL's.

It can range from guys working out of their house to large chain shops (Turner's).  Whatever you do, pick someone local to you.  LA is too a BIG place.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 4:42:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Before I moved Riflegear in fountain valley was a good place to go. The main problem is you will wait for quite a while as they are always busy.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 5:01:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I've always had good experiences with
Martin B. Retting
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't live in LA - however all the LA folk over on Calguns rave about 2A Zone in Upland.
https://www.2azone.com/
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can do Orange County or Ventura County you will pay lower sales tax.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 9:55:00 PM EDT
[#7]
LA is a big place.  Where in LA do you live?

Gun shops can be hit or miss around here depending wholly on the individual sales dude you are dealing with.

The more complex the transfer, the more specific I'd be with a recco.
Link Posted: 7/4/2021 10:13:37 PM EDT
[#8]
This thread is almost 3 months old.  I wonder who the OP used and how was there experience with that FFL?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top