Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2021 9:46:18 PM EDT
Was on Covid unemployment.  I'm on 50% furlough so work one week, laid off one week.  I ran out my unemployment payments December 26th.  Everything I've read says that there's fed unemployment benefits that are supposed to automatically kick in for at least 11 weeks, which will get me & the family through until I get back to regular schedule in the end of March.  Mine hasn't automatically kicked over but two other co-workers has.  
Has anyone else had theirs kick over automatically?  I can't get through to EDD on the phone after 2 days of trying, and would like to have some idea if I need to go push carts at walmart to get me through a few weeks or if it's going to kick in.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 12:00:34 AM EDT
[#1]
According to what I am seeing on the FB pages it's all supposed to happen automatically, but a lot of people have had problems because they are getting caught up in ID verification and that seems to have fouled up the renewal and new certifications processing.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:07:37 PM EDT
[#2]
My wife had to recertify, but she has been going on/off EDD with her Salon in Santa Clara county being in biz, then back on lock down.
She was able to log into her EDD profile and see what she has remaining for this certification period.

Your situation may be different, but hope this helps.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My wife had to recertify, but she has been going on/off EDD with her Salon in Santa Clara county being in biz, then back on lock down.
She was able to log into her EDD profile and see what she has remaining for this certification period.

Your situation may be different, but hope this helps.
View Quote

I've been on 50% furlough so it took longer to burn through my weeks, but the fed additional hasn't kicked over which it says it would automatically.

Calling EDD is a joke, go through the phone tree just to get "we can't take your call, F-U".  Yesterday I started calling 5 minutes before the phones opened and kept trying to get through for the first hour of the day.  5-7 days for an email response.  I know they're slammed, it's just frustrating getting no where fast.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:39:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I finally got through Friday by starting to call about 4:30.  Kept getting the "too busy call later"  and got picked up about 5:15 to go on hold.  About 45 minutes later actually got to a nice lady (how they can stay pleasant all day is a miracle considering the shit they must catch.)  She found that the e-mail I got asking me to fill out the forms they sent THAT day instead of the day they decided to verify my id was sent by a drone (not her words) who didn't look at the forms I had already sent it.  Which were all apparently correct and sufficient to put me back in the system and pay the back amounts, at that time instead of somebody deciding that that would wait until I asked "WTF" later.

So hopefully Monday, things should be corrected and re-instated.  Hopefully.  Since the site was down for maintenance and was supposed to be back up late Friday night, early Saturday morning and then late Saturday.  Who knows when they will go back up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top