Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2018 7:48:17 PM EDT
I'm voting by mail and figured posting a guide would be helpful. You guys may have seen it already but it doesn't hurt to see it twice.

https://www.crpa.org/voterguide/

If you have any changes list them below.
The grading scale is kind of annoying but it's better than nothing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
This is perfect. I was looking for something exactly like this. Thanks for posting
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#2]
I voted pretty much this.

They never cover local judge seats
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Just sealed my ballot up and will go in the mail tomorrow.

I didn't realize it until tonight, but one of the candidates running for San Diego DA is backed by George Soros.  I voted for the other candidate.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#4]
No senators listed?

Who do we want?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#5]
The R party is pushing Bhumitra as the way to get an R on the ballot in the general election.  Anyone with any input?

eta For US Senator
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 6:44:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No senators listed?

Who do we want?
View Quote
This. Who are we voting for State Senator?
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#7]
crickets
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The R party is pushing Bhumitra as the way to get an R on the ballot in the general election.  Anyone with any input?

eta For US Senator
View Quote
Yeah, I saw absolutely nothing about the senate seat on most any mailer or anything. Arun Bhumitra is the only name that popped up that I recall. There are 32 names on my ballot! That's crazy...

...whatever you all do, do NOT vote for FDF or Mr ghost gun himself. It should be obvious but ...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 8:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No senators listed?

Who do we want?
State senator is a local issue, no? Do you mean US senator that is currently being shit on by Feinstein? If so, see my post above^ for my input.

There are also US reps and state assembly spots on this primary as well, depending on where you live. That's all I got...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 9:56:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Bradley seems to be doing the best in the polls lately and is decent. Cruz is probably the best from an optics perspective in the general and wants to deregulate suppressors. She's not doing as good, but it's hard to be sure about the accuracy of the polls this season. I voted for Bradley but nearly voted for Cruz. It was a tough call.

The Indian guy seems to be just a vote splitter.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 11:12:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
State senator is a local issue, no? Do you mean US senator that is currently being shit on by Feinstein? If so, see my post above^ for my input.

There are also US reps and state assembly spots on this primary as well, depending on where you live. That's all I got...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No senators listed?

Who do we want?

I... guess?

Meh. I voted for Herbert Peters. Seemed pretty cool and I didn't recognize a single damn name on that list besides the people I know I don't want being elected.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 1:15:03 AM EDT
[#12]
It is too late now, but god damn do your own research and figure out who to vote for.

Sure a voter guide looks good , but god damnit research, not be led by sheep!

WTF
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Bradley seems to be doing the best in the polls lately and is decent. Cruz is probably the best from an optics perspective in the general and wants to deregulate suppressors. She's not doing as good, but it's hard to be sure about the accuracy of the polls this season. I voted for Bradley but nearly voted for Cruz. It was a tough call.

View Quote
Looks like they all were vote splitters! FDF & Mr ghost gun are the top two as of this morning ...
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
It is too late now, but god damn do your own research and figure out who to vote for.

WTF
View Quote
Simmer down now...
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Looks like they all were vote splitters! FDF & Mr ghost gun are the top two as of this morning ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots of ballots left to count. All precincts are reporting, but few have given their full count. It could be a while for some. I was working the polls yesterday and over a quarter of our voters from the precinct had to vote provisionally because they got dropped from the roster due to some error by the county. The problem was county-wide. The number of votes to count including provisional and absentee ballots (which will still be honoured through Friday as long as they were postmarked by yesterday) is well into the six figures in LA County. Most counties should still have significant quantities of votes to process and count. Some of the closer races may still yet result in changes to results.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:39:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Simmer down now...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF
Simmer down now...
I saw a lot of people walk in with those stupid mailed voter guides. They are deceptive and meant to make Republicans think they're legit but are almost all from groups whose politics can't be determined, marketing groups who probably are contracting for someone else, or come straight from Leftist groups. They always advocate voting for some Democrats or long-shot types. The precinct in which I worked was predominantly Republican and a lot made use of these. Voting based on guides is a problem. Of course, I think just letting anyone with a pulse and citizenship vote is a problem too, as it is one of those things that leads to the other problems.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:42:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lots of ballots left to count. All precincts are reporting, but few have given their full count. It could be a while for some. I was working the polls yesterday and over a quarter of our voters from the precinct had to vote provisionally because they got dropped from the roster due to some error by the county. The problem was county-wide. The number of votes to count including provisional and absentee ballots (which will still be honoured through Friday as long as they were postmarked by yesterday) is well into the six figures in LA County. Most counties should still have significant quantities of votes to process and count. Some of the closer races may still yet result in changes to results.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's good news about still more to count, at least for the senate seat...
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:50:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I saw a lot of people walk in with those stupid mailed voter guides. They are deceptive and meant to make Republicans think they're legit but are almost all from groups whose politics can't be determined, marketing groups who probably are contracting for someone else, or come straight from Leftist groups. They always advocate voting for some Democrats or long-shot types. The precinct in which I worked was predominantly Republican and a lot made use of these. Voting based on guides is a problem. Of course, I think just letting anyone with a pulse and citizenship vote is a problem too, as it is one of those things that leads to the other problems.
View Quote
Agreed about letting anyone/everyone vote. That's absolute bullshit.

Bigtwin had a valid point as well regarding doing one's own research. I admittingly didn't do enough of my own and some others didn't as well based on the conversation in this thread...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top