Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2018 3:49:29 PM EDT
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/breaking_amendments_to_calif_ghost_gun_bill_would_enact_staggering_new_firearms_parts_regulations

SACRAMENTO, CA (April 6, 2018)  Firearms Policy Coalition today announced that it had acquired new "mock-up" language for California Assembly Bill 2382 (AB 2382), currently a bill authored by Asm. Mike Gipson (D - Carson) to expand the definition of "firearm" and "receiver," that would enact a radical and far-reaching new regulatory scheme by treating non-firearm parts, components, and even some raw materials in a virtually-identical manner as Gavin Newsom's Proposition 63 and Senator Kevin de Leon's SB 1235 (2016) did with ammunition. FPC called the broad reach and implications of the disturbing amendments "staggering."

"The State of California's non-stop barrage of attacks on gun owners and our rights appears to have no end in sight," said FPC Legislative Advocate and Spokesperson Craig DeLuz. "It is deeply troubling that our state government sees law-abiding residents as the enemy. One thing is for certain, if the Legislature and the Department of Justice continue to pass and enforce more and more oppressive laws, they will get the exact opposite of what they say they want."

The proposed bill text, likely to be adopted soon, would create an entirely new class of highly-regulated items called "firearm precursor parts" that would include barrels, ammunition feeding devices (including magazines for semi-automatic firearms and "speed loaders" for revolvers), "unfinished receivers," molded or shaped polymer frames or receivers, metallic castings, metallic forgings, receiver "flats" such as Kalashnikov style weapon systems, Browning-style receiver side plates, Kalashnikov style receiver "channels", finished upper receivers for AR-15 and AR-10 style firearms, unfinished handgun frames, finished slides that are used to enclose handgun barrels, and trigger pack or fire control groups for Heckler and Koch or FN FAL style firearms.

Purchasing regulated gun parts would generally require face-to-face transactions and background checks, subject these items to new age restrictions, mandate DOJ licenses for dealers to sell "firearm precursor parts" and new storage and handling requirements for sellers. As with ammunition, online purchases and importation from other states would generally be prohibited.

To help combat this outrageous bill FPC has established Take Action Grassroots Tools at StopAB2382.com, where gun owners can learn more about and weigh in on the bill by electronically sending a letter to legislators. AB 2382 is currently scheduled to be heard in the Assembly Public Safety Committee on Tuesday, April 17th.

FPC noted that their legislative team is already working on over three dozen bills in the Golden State alone this year. With the likely changes to AB 2382, they have dubbed this year's firearms-related legislative package "Gunpocalypse 2".

"Eventually, law-abiding people will be forced into making hard choices to escape the oppression, including non-compliance, or leaving and taking their tax dollars and businesses with them. Sadly, the California government really does hate civil rights and its own people," concluded DeLuz.

Firearms Policy Coalition (www.firearmspolicy.org) is a 501(c)4 grassroots nonprofit organization. FPC's mission is to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States, especially the fundamental, individual Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms.
View Quote
Got this in an email this morning.

FFS. Next on their list are "unfinished receivers" of various types/descriptions & even standard parts like magazines, barrels and stripped uppers.

I got nothing...
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#1]
lol Yeah that's not over reaching at all.  Fuck these fucking fucks trying to one up each other.  Keep pushing.  Politicians and the courts are out of control, the feds should be all over these tyrants but they haven't done shit.  Everything facet of the shooting sports will soon be taxed, controlled, restricted or illegal.  Everything.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, especially by an out-of-stater, but I have to ask; who is helping these assholes write these bills?  This doesn't look like just going after mags and bayonet lugs because they're scary, or some such stupidity.  This is a traitor, or many, giving these people leads on where to go next.

I can't say I'll be surprised when a few owners decide it's really fo time.  And I'm watching because, sadly, my home state won't be too far behind with our own brand of bullshit.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 8:25:59 PM EDT
[#3]
No need to apologize at all. I figured that this topic would get more traction then it has so far.

That said, I never really thought about all this bullshit from that angle. To be fair, all the leftist lawmakers have to do is peruse this website for plenty of information & ideas...
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 9:03:23 PM EDT
[#4]
It really should get more traction.  It's a perfect example of the left going in increments but at what looks like a frenzied pace.

I'd really be interested in seeing who is helping.  It seems like it would be someone in the industry.  Surely there is one good rep who might be able to offer a bit of insight.  If its an industry person, I hope their business gets sunk.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:51:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I see a prohibition/ speak easy scenario developing.  Even the most law abiding citizens will stop complying with the registering requirements and then we won't be able to shoot them in the public eye so guys will start organizing small off the grid shooting ranges that we will only find out about by word of mouth and when we show up we will have to say "I'm here to speak to marge" to get past the gate. Sad days ahead.

Our best hope is that the new California bid actually happens and then Gavin's little unarmed state will be completely surrounded by about 200,000 ar15s 10s and AKs.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 8:47:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The problem is CA gun owners!

What a bunch of lazy fucks, 99% of them won't do shit to protect their 2A rights! They're getting what they deserve as far as I'm concerned!

Stand up and fight, yeah right, when the time comes they'll be turning in their family members who don't give up their guns when ordered!

Mark my words, Gavin will go for out right confiscation and CA gun owners will comply! Any betting people?
View Quote
While I'm typically inclined to agree that laziness is a major part of letting anti-gun bills pass, how many people are actually able to keep up with what appears to be one bill right after the other?  I can't imagine there being much in the way of media coverage explaining how bad these bills are.  Most gun owners aren't going to spend the time looking for bills like these, like we do here.

And I can absolutely see CA trying to go for confiscation in the not-too-distant future.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 3:57:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

What a bunch of lazy fucks, 99% of them won't do shit to protect their 2A rights! They're getting what they deserve as far as I'm concerned!

Stand up and fight, yeah right, when the time comes they'll be turning in their family members who don't give up their guns when ordered!

Mark my words, Gavin will go for out right confiscation and CA gun owners will comply! Any betting people?
View Quote
I will not take that bet...
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 12:12:54 AM EDT
[#9]
This bill was just passed through the Assembly...
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#10]
And its already being copied in other states like NJ and NY.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 9:52:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
They think it is a race to the top of the 'save the children' hill but it ain't. Idiots...
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They think it is a race to the top of the 'save the children' hill but it ain't. Idiots...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just virtue signaling and career building for liberal Democrat politicians.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 4:57:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote
See, here's the thing.  There's nothing California gun owners can do.  I used to be quite active in protests, appearing at the capitol, writing letters, etc...and none of it--not one bit--makes a fucking difference.
CA isn't a Red State filled with Conservatives who will shut down ridiculous overeaches when the word gets out: she's a Blue State that has never once heard a preposterous idea and thought to herself "That's crazy!  Common sense says no!"

If every CA gun owner sent the FPC a check for $100 tonight--right now--nothing would get done.  Nothing would change (with the exception of making a few lawyers rich, regardless of any legislative "wins").  If a large crowd appeared at the capitol--a large crowd of normal looking citizens, not the bikers, survivalists, and basement-dwellers that only show up every time I've protested--nothing would change.

Or--maybe I'm not seeing it.  What do you think could be done?  How do you see effective change made?  How do you change the minds of people that hate guns, hate us for owning guns, and--logic be damned--want all things assaulty banned for the good of the chirruns?

I mean, you could go over to CalGuns and listen to that little clique of rich Orange County lawyers and lawyer wanna-bes talk, but they aren't doing anything either...and speech is much, much freer on ARFcom than it is over there.
Link Posted: 6/7/2018 8:41:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Its going to take gun confiscation for gun owners to really wake up, by then it will be too late.
Then there are people, who own guns, but are not active gun owners, these are the people that dont vote or vote liberal. They will never wake up and will turn over their guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top