Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2016 6:56:21 PM EDT
Hello Californians, I'm flying to Santa Barbara with the Wife as she has business and I'm going to goof off.   What should I see and do?  I'm thinking rent a Harley for a day and spend time at the Reagan Ranch.   What else fora Kansas boy to see?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#1]
The harbor/breakwater is nice.

Brophie Brothers on the breakwater is pretty good. As is Chuck's waterfront.  

You can rent jet skis or kayaks stuff like that too.

A ride over San Marcos pass is fun.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:15:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The harbor/breakwater is nice.

Brophie Brothers on the breakwater is pretty good. As is Chuck's waterfront.  

You can rent jet skis or kayaks stuff like that too.

A ride over San Marcos pass is fun.
View Quote

Drive up the San Marcos pass and visit Solvang.  Buy yourself a souvenir from the knife shop there; they have great stuff.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]
SB zoo is nice if you are into that.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:45:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Buy some sunglasses so your wife dont catch you staring at boobs! Santa Barbara = awesome
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 6:44:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess we are starting down in Oxnard, wife has a conference at the fort, any suggestions here?
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess we are starting down in Oxnard, wife has a conference at the fort, any suggestions here?
View Quote

Hook line and sinker for seafood. Eggs n things for breakfast. Go to Ventura and check out a mission? Visit the beach
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 3:57:12 AM EDT
[#7]
tail end of the whale migration right now, cows and calves heading back north from Baja.  The Santa Barbara channel is their highway.  There's tours out of oxnard / ventura, and santa barbara.

Lots of very tasty pastry shops in Solvang.

Skip the Harley, idiot CA drivers will kill you while you are rubbernecking the scenery. 'settle' for a sporty convertible.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:29:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Skipped the idea of the bike rental, too much traffic.   Went to the Maritime museum as well as the commemorative air force yesterday.  I think I'll hit the Mullins car museum today.
Top Top