Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2013 5:27:39 PM EDT
Copied from calguns.

edfardos

I sent this email to Jerry, and thought I'd make it easy to cut and paste into his inbox if you agree with the statement.  http://gov.ca.gov/m_contact.php

I'm a citizen of rural El Dorado county and urge you to veto all gun-control bills currently circulating in the legislature (there are simply too many to list here).

Like previous bills you signed (AB144), these are unconstitutional on face value.

Citizens are working together and donating money to get Federal injunctions (2:11-cv-09916-SJO-SS) against the State for recently passed unconstitutional legislation (AB144 specifically).  These resources would be better served by working *with* the State to minimize crime and violence in California.  Please allow us to help you by not passing unconstitutional legislation.

California does not have the resources to pass legislation, only to have it become unenforceable by order of the Federal courts which support and defend the US Constitution.

I urge you to veto all of the following bills:

2013 SB 47 - Yee, Assault Weapons
 2013 CA AB 48 - Skinner/Ammiano, Magazines
 2013 CA SB 53 - Deleon/Yee Ammunition purchase permits
 2013 CA SB 108 Yee Firearms: lending and residential storage
 2013 CA SB 127 - Gaines Firearms prohibition mentally ill
 AB 169 - Unsafe Handguns - Dickinson
 AB 170 - Bradford - Assault weapons and .50 BMG rifles
 AB 180 - Bonta - Ammunition.
 2013 CA AB 187 Bonta Ammunition Tax
 2013 CA AB 202 - Donnelly - School security: School Marshal Program
 2013 CA SB 140 Leno - Amend budget to allow DROS funds for APP enforcement

Respectfully,

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=750933
Link Posted: 4/25/2013 5:29:25 PM EDT
[#1]
dd tap
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 8:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Nicely worded, and Hit!
Link Posted: 4/26/2013 9:04:01 AM EDT
[#3]
We would do better to appeal to his pragmatist and populist sensibilities, and not raise his legal hackles.    You know he went to Yale law school, right?  He is actually smarter than the folks on calguns think they are.  

If I were him, I would not respond well to such a letter.  Of course I am not the Governor and only my dog cares what I think, but that is my two cents' worth.  One will get nowhere threatening him, or warning him, or giving him legal advice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top