Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2006 7:36:39 PM EDT
Ok so I finally got all the kinks worked out of the scope and my new ar-10 is shooting around 1/2 inch.  1 inch when it is hot and dirty.  Now I have decided to sell it but I am not real sure where to post it.  I do not know how many Californians go looking in "everything ar10" in the ee and it defiantly is not an ar-15... kind of sucks I have a beautiful ar-10 to sell and I am sure there are many dying to get one. Just how to let them know?  Calguns closed their guns for sale and the guys at the hide would not be too interested in a semi auto.  I don’t think anyone outside California is interested in a off list ar-10...
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 10:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Care to share the specs?
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 11:15:54 PM EDT
[#2]
shure:

I have an ar-10 up for sale at a local gun shop on consignment. It
has 2 uppers, a custom built 24" bull upper that does better than 1/2
inch group and a standard a2 upper stainless hbar. Both uppers were
broken in properly cleaned after every round 1-20 every 5 rounds 21-
100 around 120 rounds through either. Included are 6-24x mil dot
scope with illuminated retical, sling, about 200 rounds of .308, snap
caps, spare green hand guards, ~200 once fired brass. The whole
package for $2600.00 it is a pretty fair deal. Internet pricing on a
lightly use ar-10 a2 stainless in free states is around $1350, (you
can go hold this one any time you like) Armalite gets $960 for a 24"
(T) upper that shoots 1" then a scope and rings and all the extras I
have over $3k in it...oh yea included is A LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM
THE CADOJ

I posted it at calgunsales web site apparently I can find an 1911 there that did not make the ca list for f2f sales
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Whats the make of the lower?  Is it a fixed mag Vulcan .308 lower?
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Whats the make of the lower?  Is it a fixed mag Vulcan .308 lower?

+1

Need the maker and model of lower.
The only OLLs in CA are Hesse, ASA and Bushmaster and all 3 of those are out of production.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Yep Hesse is the only game in town.  It is a har-25 I had to do a little bit of work on it but I refinished it.  It is a bit shinny but not bad.  Holds open last round and functions flawlessly.  No play between upper and lower.  There is some ware below the charging handle but you can only see it with the upper open.  It is a very nice rifle.  I just need to feed my family... new babies are expensive    

I was just thinking that we could have a California sales forum being as there is a unique market or fixed mag oll and not on the list personal handgun transfers.. You know that if you sell a handgun (not on the approved list) to a pawn shop or gun dealer it can not be re sold in California.  They get sold out of state.  I would like to buy a used 1911 very hard to find as it needs to be some one local not guns America. or gunboker
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 1:44:20 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Yep Hesse is the only game in town.  It is a har-25 I had to do a little bit of work on it but I refinished it.  It is a bit shinny but not bad.  Holds open last round and functions flawlessly.  No play between upper and lower.  There is some ware below the charging handle but you can only see it with the upper open.  It is a very nice rifle.  I just need to feed my family... new babies are expensive    

I was just thinking that we could have a California sales forum being as there is a unique market or fixed mag oll and not on the list personal handgun transfers.. You know that if you sell a handgun (not on the approved list) to a pawn shop or gun dealer it can not be re sold in California.  They get sold out of state.  I would like to buy a used 1911 very hard to find as it needs to be some one local not guns America. or gunboker

which 1911 are you looking for most of the major manufactures are on the "ransom" list
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a AR10 and all when I move out of state but are they usually that expensive, I mean thats double the price of my M1A and I bet the M1A would be on par with that setup.  Plus I would give it a edge in reliability.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 2:03:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Did the Hesse .308 lowers come originally fixed mag from the manufacture?  Or was that your own build.  I know that Hesse, Vulcan now, do have fixed AR15 lowers.  I was originally interested in a semiauto .308 and my only option was a FAL from DSA or finding one of those Hesse .308.  However my interested has shifted to a Rem 700 SS 5R in .308.  I think that if RRA or MGI get into the fixed mag .308 I'll look back into it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 2:31:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Did the Hesse .308 lowers come originally fixed mag from the manufacture?  Or was that your own build.  I know that Hesse, Vulcan now, do have fixed AR15 lowers.  I was originally interested in a semiauto .308 and my only option was a FAL from DSA or finding one of those Hesse .308.  However my interested has shifted to a Rem 700 SS 5R in .308.  I think that if RRA or MGI get into the fixed mag .308 I'll look back into it.

yep i drosed the completed lower with a2 but stock, ixed mag and lpk.  I had to mod the mag with an armalite fallower to get it to hole open last shot
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I want a AR10 and all when I move out of state but are they usually that expensive, I mean thats double the price of my M1A and I bet the M1A would be on par with that setup.  Plus I would give it a edge in reliability.

well, a lightly used ar-10 a2 runs from 1100-1400 in free states,  this one has a stailess hbar barrel and a (t) armalit upper is $960 if you can get one,  this one shoots better.  add a scope, ammo and the fact that it is probably the only sb23 compliant ar-10 you have ever seen and I would say it is a prety good deal

AR-10's for sale in ar15.com equiptment exchange click here remember or 2600 you get both uppers
Link Posted: 8/16/2006 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

which 1911 are you looking for most of the major manufactures are on the "ransom" list

not real shure. I just know that I own more than 10 guns and none of them are a 1911 or a garand.... that is prety bad.  for a 1911 I just want a springfield shooter,  the garand I am a bit more specific on.  looking for somthing pre 1944 with matchig bolt..I think i may have found a garand

pics of ar-10 added
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 11:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
I am now selling it with the A2 stainless heavy factry armalite upper with armalite cardboard box $1250
Link Posted: 8/23/2006 1:06:51 PM EDT
[#13]
You can post your ad over at www.gunscal.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top