Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2006 3:49:59 PM EDT
Where'd you get your thumbprint taken for your registration? I was told to go to the UPS store....but don't see anywhere on the form saying I have to do that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:05:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I thik it is kind of like all DROS forms, where they don't say it nor do they have a place for it, but you put it on the reverse side.

I could be wrong though. I know the C&R license used to have a place for it, but it wasn't required; but that was because it was used for several types of FFLs, not just the C&R.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:08:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I thik it is kind of like all DROS forms, where they don't say it nor do they have a place for it, but you put it on the reverse side.

I could be wrong though. I know the C&R license used to have a place for it, but it wasn't required; but that was because it was used for several types of FFLs, not just the C&R.

I believe that Blue is asking where he should go to have someone do the fingerprinting for him. Not where to put the fingerprint on the form. The form actually has a specific box for the thumbprint to be put in.

Blue, just do it yourself. No need to take it anywhere as you're likely to get hassled (unless you take it to an FFL). I definitely wouldn't recommend taking it to your local PD. You're under no obligation or requirement to have it "officially" done. As long as it's relatively clear and identifiable, you'll be good to go.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep, do the prints at home.

That's how I did my assault weapons registration in the other ban. They accepted it with no problems.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#4]
My bad, the last part of his post sounded like he was saying it doesn't say anywhere that there has to be a finger print, so he was unclear if needed one.

I got my C&R application notarized at the UPS store without a problem, she didn't even really look it over. She then had me put a finger print in her bound book to show I did it, but had I needed it done I am sure she woudln't have cared either. If you got the pad already, might as well do it at home, but if you don't it might be worth it to just go in and do it. Personally though, I hate going in unless I have to, so I would do it at home.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:29:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My bad, the last part of his post sounded like he was saying it doesn't say anywhere that there has to be a finger print, so he was unclear if needed one.

I got my C&R application notarized at the UPS store without a problem, she didn't even really look it over. She then had me put a finger print in her bound book to show I did it, but had I needed it done I am sure she woudln't have cared either. If you got the pad already, might as well do it at home, but if you don't it might be worth it to just go in and do it. Personally though, I hate going in unless I have to, so I would do it at home.

You had to be finger printed and have it notarized for your C&R?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, I mean for the CMP. I had my C&R papers with me and that's why I was thinking C&R.

I had to have my purchase agreement notarized, and then I needed to put my thumb print in her bound book next to my signature.  Sorry about the confussion.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:57:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry, I mean for the CMP. I had my C&R papers with me and that's why I was thinking C&R.

I had to have my purchase agreement notarized, and then I needed to put my thumb print in her bound book next to my signature.  Sorry about the confussion.

Sheit ho had yu layin sum skin in da book Ida biotch slaaped her skanky ass. Can yu buy da beams an glok fotys wit da C&R lisense?
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:02:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sheit ho had yu layin sum skin in da book Ida biotch slaaped her skanky ass. Can yu buy da beams an glok fotys wit da C&R lisense?

Yeah son, I got my M1-Garand 47. It shoots 30-06 blanks out to 500 yards and with the sniper  scope I can hit you at 900 yards, and an extra 200 yards when I got my beamz on it. I like my 1903 better though, it's older but fun when in full auto.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah son, I got my M1-Garand 47. It shoots 30-06 blanks out to 500 yards and with the sniper  scope I can hit you at 900 yards, and an extra 200 yards when I got my beamz on it. I like my 1903 better though, it's older but fun when in full auto.

Da beams are da shit Is got dem on my jennings an glok foty .
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:49:30 PM EDT
[#10]
For my AW registration I had the print done for free at the DOJ in Sacramento on Broadway.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#11]
You have an ink pad? Press your thumb onto the ink pad. Press your thumb onto the box on the .50BMG form.

I went to the UPS Store, which has an advertisement for fingerprinting, and the lady there was clueless about it. I used her pad and did it myself, and they didn't charge me. I kind of rolled the print, but I've heard it is not needed.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Did mine and the wife's fingerprint at home with an ink pad.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:35:34 AM EDT
[#13]
I did mine with a $2.00 ink pad from staples.
Just be sure to practice a few times on a similar weight paper so you don't smudge it.
They accepted mine with no problems BTW.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#14]
WTF?  I did my thumbprint at my FFL when I picked up the form.

Am I a super-genius?
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 9:42:17 AM EDT
[#15]
I did it by myself. Just use a common ink pad. ..... And I have received the acknowledged letter from DOJ already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top