Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2006 9:24:51 AM EDT
Is it possiable to configure my .308 in AZ to CA Self loading .308 rifle? I have bought  a 10 round mag and figured out how to dissable the mag release. I know the ban list say's Bushmaster assult rifles, but does not say all. In fact the .308 is not even a Ar-15 weapon since it does not meet the .223 mil spec. reciever specs. Infact it's a whole new rifle. Your thoughts? Legal aspects?

I tried to get this disscussion started a while back but a BM hater jumped in a took the thread in the wrong direction, so please stay on topic and discuss the legality of this for those who have one and would like to modify it to CA law.
Thanks
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:49:03 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Is it possiable to configure my .308 in AZ to CA Self loading .308 rifle? I have bought  a 10 round mag and figured out how to dissable the mag release. I know the ban list say's Bushmaster assult rifles, but does not say all. In fact the .308 is not even a Ar-15 weapon since it does not meet the .223 mil spec. reciever specs. Infact it's a whole new rifle. Your thoughts? Legal aspects?

I tried to get this disscussion started a while back but a BM hater jumped in a took the thread in the wrong direction, so please stay on topic and discuss the legality of this for those who have one and would like to modify it to CA law.
Thanks

Actually, it does say, "All" ag.ca.gov/firearms/infobuls/kaslist.pdf  Caliber is irrevelant to the CA-DOJ because it's banned by Make and Model(all), pinning the mag wouldn't "make" it a whole new rifle, you may be able to weld up the mag well, and get a DOJ approval letter like these guys, www.californialegalbushmaster.com/default.html I'm only putting a link to display what I mean, I overhead the rep. for that company talking at a gunshow and I didn't appreciate how he bashed everything that wasn't his product.
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 2:36:06 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Actually, it does say, "All"

All "XM15". The .308 version was not an "XM15".
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
The Bushmaster 308 is a "Bushmaster BAR10".  

This make and model combination is NOT on the Kasler list.

It would therefore be legal with a fixed (nondetachable) 10rd magazine.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The Bushmaster 308 is a "Bushmaster BAR10".  

This make and model combination is NOT on the Kasler list.

It would therefore be legal with a fixed (nondetachable) 10rd magazine.

Bill Wiese
San Jose CA

Yes! Thats what I was thinking. You seem to know your stuff around here. Who can I contact to absolutly confim this info so I don't get thrown in jail when I try to reg. it?
Link Posted: 2/22/2006 9:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, then I stand corrected. Game on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top