Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2006 11:17:06 PM EDT
so if i take a high capacity mag say 30 round and take the bottom plate off and somehow weld a plate inside the mag, and cut the spring etc, to make it so it only holds 10 rounds. would this be legal, basically looks of hihg cap but functionablility of 10 rounds
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 6:30:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 7:16:39 AM EDT
[#2]
what if its a post ban clip and i modify it out of state, can i bring it into the state since it wouldnt be a high cap. mag?
thanx all
Link Posted: 2/10/2006 8:19:41 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
what if its a post ban clip and i modify it out of state, can i bring it into the state since it wouldnt be a high cap. mag?
thanx all

Post ban isn't a problem, it could be done as you describe. BUT, you might find converting it from a clip into a mag might be difficult
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:15:05 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
thanx all

doesn't matter if its post ban or not it holds 10rds, i would just rivet it to prevent the follower from going past the 10rd mark.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
thanx all

doesn't matter if its post ban or not it holds 10rds, i would just rivet it to prevent the follower from going past the 10rd mark.

I don't believe this will work since a spring is non-linear, and expect some feed issues.
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 9:47:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I don't believe this will work since a spring is non-linear, and expect some feed issues.

wouldn't a rivet in the front of the mag work??
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

wouldn't a rivet in the front of the mag work??

good luck with the mod
Link Posted: 2/13/2006 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#8]
thanx i will post pics when i get it done, currently out of state studying so i can easily buy these and modify them to 10 round and legally bring em back into cali! , i was hoping to take off the bottom plate, and then cut the tabs on the bottom of the clip that hold it and load the clip  with 10 rounds and mark it then weld the bottom plate up inside the clip so its easily identified as a 10 round clip.  any other ideas floating around?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top