Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 11:58:10 PM EDT
hi guys.. just wondering if you know of a source for bulk .223 and 7.56x54r ammo? i have been getting denied shipment from out of state stores cuz i live in LA. i was wondering if you guys can help me out.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 1:26:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
sportsmansguide.com

cheaperthandirt.com

ammoman.com

Oh...who wouldn't sell to you?

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:16:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Well with a L.A. address you may be SOL. Don't they have any big gunshow left in SoCal? I think MiWall has a bouth at DelMar etc.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I stripped out the out of state show from Miwalls site and listed only Kali shows.

Shows in January, 2006
Dates   City, State   Location
Jan 7-8   Victorville, CA   Victorville Fairgrounds
Jan 14-15   Ventura, CA   Seaside Park Ventura County Fairgrounds
Jan 21-22   Del Mar, CA   Del Mar/ San Diego Fairgrounds
Jan 21-22   Bakersfield, CA   Kern County Fairgrounds

Shows in February, 2006
Feb 4-5   Costa Mesa, CA   Orange County Fairgrounds
Feb 11-12   Vallejo, CA   Solano County Fairgrounds
Feb 18-19   Glendale, CA   Glendale Civic Auditorium
Feb 18-19   San Francisco, CA   Cow Palace
Feb 25-26   Fresno, CA   Fresno County Fairgrounds

Shows in March, 2006
Mar 11-12   Paso Robles, CA   Mid-State Fairgrounds
Mar 25-26   Costa Mesa, CA   Orange County Fairgrounds
Mar 25-27   Bakersfield, CA   Kern County Fairgrounds
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been buying from outdoormarksman.com/.  They're in OR so shipping is fast and their prices seem to be pretty good, too.  They have 440rd cans of x54R Polish light ball for about 35 bucks + about 15 in shipping.   Came to just over $50 shipped.  

ETA: Sportsmans Guide doesn't ship ammo to many places in CA.  Marin county being one of them.  Often times they won't even ship gun parts or gun related stuff to CA.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 4:34:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

ETA: Sportsmans Guide doesn't ship ammo to many places in CA.  Marin county being one of them.  Often times they won't even ship gun parts or gun related stuff to CA.  

Those tards would not ship a Hogue overmolded stock for a 10-22 because they had it listed as an "assault weapon"!!!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 6:54:00 PM EDT
[#7]
aimsurplus, sportsmansguide, and other bigname stores wont ship to LA. but i will check out the gunshows this month for sure and will try out some of the other recomendations.. thanks all!
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#8]
how did they shoot? its listed as corrosive.. any problems with it?
thanks
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:02:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those tards would not ship a Hogue overmolded stock for a 10-22 because they had it listed as an "assault weapon"!!!

They wont ship ammo to parts of Nevada either from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:06:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Try AmmoBros in Cerritos.  They're located off the 605 fwy & Alondra.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
how did they shoot? its listed as corrosive.. any problems with it?
thanks

Are you talking about the Polish light ball?  From what I've read, the stuff is great.  It delivers a nice fireball out of my M44 (perhaps anything will out of an M44) . It's corrosive but that's fine.  Just clean it accordingly.  If your shooting a bolt action that shouldn't be a problem.   I personally don't like the idea of shooting corrosive ammo through a semi...too many nooks and crannies.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 8:57:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I've been buying from outdoormarksman.com/.  They're in OR so shipping is fast and their prices seem to be pretty good, too.  They have 440rd cans of x54R Polish light ball for about 35 bucks + about 15 in shipping.   Came to just over $50 shipped.  

Outdoormarksman is the web based seller for MiWall. MiWall sets up at many large gunshows and some small ones.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#13]
"Try AmmoBros in Cerritos. They're located off the 605 fwy & Alondra."

wow that's just a  freeways ride away.. will have to check it out.
thanks!
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#14]
"Are you talking about the Polish light ball? From what I've read, the stuff is great. It delivers a nice fireball out of my M44 (perhaps anything will out of an M44) . It's corrosive but that's fine. Just clean it accordingly. If your shooting a bolt action that shouldn't be a problem. I personally don't like the idea of shooting corrosive ammo through a semi...too many nooks and crannies. "

sweet!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 4:05:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Do you know if it's steel cored?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone'll probably correct me, but I think the polish stoff is copper jacket lead core.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:31:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone'll probably correct me, but I think the polish stoff is copper jacket lead core.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:33:02 PM EDT
[#18]
the Ventura gun show is always an option. I've been getting a lot of my ammo annually from that particular show.
-Jon
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to Arfcom

It took you 2 years to make your first post?
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 6:43:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Welcome to Arfcomhr

Thanks for the welcome.  Yeah, I registered a while ago and sort of forgot about the forums.  However, with all this lower madness here in CA.  I started going over the forums.

Anyway, I went to the Ventura gun show, and bought a 440rnd can of 7.62x54r.  It was from the Miwall Corp.  I believe they sell as "Wholesale Ammo" as well as "Outdoors Marksmen."

The sign said "Polish 7.62x54r $45.95 - 440rnds."  I assumed it was the one I saw on their website and I asked the guy if it was steel cored.  He said "No, it's lead core." So I bought it.  Well, I went to a range on Monday, and they checked it with a magnet.  It was in fact steel cored.  Luckily, they let me shoot at paper just this once. But now it seems that I'm stuck with around 400 rounds of steel core ammo that I can't shoot.

I'm pissed off that they decided to lie to me like that and from now on I won't be buying from Wholesale Ammo or Outdoor Marksmen.  I'll head over to the Costa Mesa show in a couple of weeks and see if I can exchange or return the ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top