Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2006 10:26:47 PM EDT
With all these confusions being tossed around about which AR are on or off the list, I was wondering if there are legal issues that I need to be aware of if I just buy the stripped lower receivers. Buy and keep them until they are on the banned list. I would not configure or modify it. Not even buy an upper to make it complete. Perhaps resell it later once they become listed.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 10:48:02 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Perhaps resell it later once they become listed.

Once they become listed you can't sell them in Kalifornia.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:23:29 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Is it alright just to buy the lower recievers and do nothing to it?  

Yes.

With all these confusions being tossed around about which AR are on or off the list, I was wondering if there are legal issues that I need to be aware of if I just buy the stripped lower receivers.

Make sure it's not a receiver banned by name

Buy and keep them until they are on the banned list.

Sounds OK...

I would not configure or modify it.

Still good...

Not even buy an upper to make it complete.

Still good...

Perhaps resell it later once they become listed.

BZZT! DANGER! DANGER! This is a big NO-NO!

Link Posted: 1/5/2006 7:20:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Slight concern, what about if someone buys a lower during this window but buys a fairly recognizable lower like Rock River, or such?  Is that still ok?

What makes it off list?  Is it the off maker and model designation?  Just off maker?  What if the manufactuer is mainstream but the model is off name?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 10:01:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Slight concern, what about if someone buys a lower during this window but buys a fairly recognizable lower like Rock River, or such?  Is that still ok?

What makes it off list?  Is it the off maker and model designation?  Just off maker?  What if the manufactuer is mainstream but the model is off name?

Thanks.

The best advice (IMO) is that you don't get anything that is one the list in any way, not just a different model #.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top