Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2005 1:34:15 PM EDT
OK i was trying to buy one at the gun shop or an ffl but that just isn't working.  So my question is what if I just found a AR receiver that wasn't on the list, would there be any problem registering it if it became a Assault weapon in the future?

I heard there is a portion where it asks you where you got it from, but then Paul was saying how he built his so I am just wondering if it matters?

could I make up something like I mean say that I got it out of state when I lived there or gun show?

I have lived in WA and GA in the past 3 years for the military.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 1:58:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Why do you seam to think you have to do this illegally? If you gave yourself 5 minutes you could have a lower DROS'd in the state. Don't say you can't. I found a lower advertised with an ffl to transfer just searching around various forums FIVE MINUTES AGO!. You end up in a cell with bubba and nobody will care.  
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:01:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I was just kinda dissapointed to hear that locally the FFL's didn't want to do the transfers, but I think I might have something now.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 4:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I was just kinda dissapointed to hear that locally the FFL's didn't want to do the transfers, but I think I might have something now.

What region is local for you?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:13:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, give us an idea of what YOUR local area is so those of us that have an FFL who will transfer a legal unlisted lower to you can send you in the right direction. You WILL more than likely get help with this. Keep the faith and you shall have your lower.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Yes, give us an idea of what YOUR local area is so those of us that have an FFL who will transfer a legal unlisted lower to you can send you in the right direction. You WILL more than likely get help with this. Keep the faith and you shall have your lower.

I am in san diego
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:50:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Sacramento and no joy here either.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 12:45:27 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm in Sacramento and no joy here either.

Go to calguns.net.
and look here:  ( Gun rights, political, and legal. )    There's still time.

Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:13:48 PM EDT
[#8]
There are 2 group buys in SoCal, and 1 in NorCal right now, head over to calguns.net and look for them under the 223 legal lower section .
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 8:59:01 PM EDT
[#9]
What's the deal with the NorCal buy? We have to go to Oakland? The distance is not a problem really, but doing it in the middle of the week is. Some of us have to work for our money!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What's the deal with the NorCal buy? We have to go to Oakland? The distance is not a problem really, but doing it in the middle of the week is. Some of us have to work for our money!

Was thinking the same thing... much better turn out would be possible if it were on say Saturday the 14th.  My 2 cents.

Technowizard.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#11]
If you dont want the group buy there are others to be had, I have FFL's in that area who will dros after work, and plenty of other lowers.

PM me if you need help.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:15:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
There are 2 group buys in SoCal, and 1 in NorCal right now, head over to calguns.net and look for them under the 223 legal lower section .

I don't see a link to this forum section. I looked for it, but can't see it. Please provide a link to it.

www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=81
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 8:42:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was thinking the same thing... much better turn out would be possible if it were on say Saturday the 14th.  My 2 cents.

Technowizard.

I'd SO be there on the 14! I just started a new job and have no leave time accrued. I CANT take time off to go...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Treat this as a once-in-a-lifetime chance and take a sick day, for God's sake!  Take a long lunch... ANYTHING to get your lower DROS'd before the DOJ has a chance to update the list.

... and please stop whining.  Several CalGuns members have put up their own money (some have eaten shipping costs) and time to try and get as many lowers to as many people as possible.  The least you can do is put up with short timetables and fluctuations in price.

Sorry... just tired of the bitching.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Thats why I'm going to think of some B.S. excuse to give my supervisor to leave early.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Just remember you only have to be there on a certian day to start the DROS, you have 20 days after the 10 day waiting period to pick it up.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 5:04:15 AM EDT
[#17]
If I didnt reply to your PM try again guys.  I had a whopper of a new year
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top