Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2005 5:41:36 AM EDT
Does anyone have any other ideas for different clones of weapons, that might be on the list.  What are your ideas, and do you have a source.

Hk clones and the like is what I am thinking

If you have a source, do not list it here.  Use IM or email
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone have any other ideas for different clones of weapons, that might be on the list.  What are your ideas, and do you have a source.

Hk clones and the like is what I am thinking

If you have a source, do not list it here.  Use IM or email

I saw some sort of an HK clone at the gunshow in SJ a week or so ago with no pistol grip, IIRC the price was around $2500
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#2]
How about the DSA SA58? I don't see it on the list.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:06:45 AM EDT
[#3]
If its not on the list, not registered as a AW, then it falls under SB23. Either pistol grip and fixed 10 round mag or no pistol grip and removible mags.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Either pistol grip and fixed 10 round mag or no pistol grip and removible mags.

Better than nothin!
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:27:29 PM EDT
[#5]
You have to remember it's only those named under the "series" portion that the new buys apply to. If you are talking about other clones, like FALs, HKs, etc. They will have to go to court for those, so we have some time.

Still I wouldn't mind getting a G3, MP5, FAL, etc.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I've been waiting for my receiver since April, I still don't know if I'll ever see it
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 3:03:50 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been waiting for my receiver since April, I still don't know if I'll ever see it

I went to FAL files and bought a used FAL (CAI R1A1) from a board member. The price is only the fraction of the price of a DS-58. That's my best Christmas present ever. :)

Currently the FAL upper receivers are over jacked up in prices.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 8:52:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats all this talk about the AW list? Has the DOJ announced that theyre going to update the list, or is this all specualtion after all the buzz with the off list AR-15 receivers?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 9:03:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Whats all this talk about the AW list? Has the DOJ announced that theyre going to update the list, or is this all specualtion after all the buzz with the off list AR-15 receivers?

Out of the dozens of letters from the DOJ floating around, there's been a couple mentioning additions to the list. This is all triggered from the recent movement of off list lowers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 10:21:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Are there any clones of MP5's? Anything that might not be on the list?
Link Posted: 12/18/2005 11:48:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This Kasler List only applies to AR and AK series. Conceivably, you could import an MP5 clone in the same manner as a FAL clone. It cannot have the characteristics that make it unlawful. So install a 10-rd non-detachable magazine, remove the flash hider and folding stock, and make sure the overall length conforms to the legal minimum. Good luck loading an MP5 though the ejection port.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:04:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This Kasler List only applies to AR and AK series. Conceivably, you could import an MP5 clone in the same manner as a FAL clone. It cannot have the characteristics that make it unlawful. So install a 10-rd non-detachable magazine, remove the flash hider and folding stock, and make sure the overall length conforms to the legal minimum. Good luck loading an MP5 though the ejection port.

Actually, if you put a ten round non-detachable mag on a weapon, it can no longer be considered an AW, so you could put all the evil features you want on it.  If you keep the detachable mag and remove the PG, however, you'd have to remove all offending characteristics.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:43:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Damn, sounds like a business opportunity.

I've always found the FAL more attractive as a California legal rifle than the AR because of how you can load from above with strippers.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:38:39 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, sounds like a business opportunity.

I've always found the FAL more attractive as a California legal rifle than the AR because of how you can load from above with strippers.

You are kind of late, pal. Back to April, 2005, CAI was selling CAI FAL receivers at $9X.00 each. When I called in, the representative said that somebody just bought out all of them. ___ALL OF THEM___

Currently, CAI still has FAL receivers for sale. But the price has gone up to $2XX.00 already.

Keep looking FAL receivers with finger crossed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top