Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2005 2:41:13 PM EDT
Since the East Coast is getting hammered by hurricanes.  I think Kaliforniastan is going to be due a massive earthquake.  I know this would suck.  But, people would pull chocks and move and make it cheaper to live here again.  Anybody's thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:45:08 PM EDT
[#1]
pray for the best, prepare for the worst....

meat
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 9:12:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Earthquakes are fun. Same with Lightning Storms. I LOVE the natural 'phenomenas' that happen here. Sucks that they cause damage, but when they don't, I get giggly inside and enjoy every second of them.

Not sure why people from the east coast freak out about earthquakes but can stay perfectly calm when a tornado comes their way...
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
yea.. the bubble burst....  
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 11:11:18 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Earthquakes are fun. Same with Lightning Storms. I LOVE the natural 'phenomenas' that happen here. Sucks that they cause damage, but when they don't, I get giggly inside and enjoy every second of them.

Not sure why people from the east coast freak out about earthquakes but can stay perfectly calm when a tornado comes their way...

So you mean to tell me that I’m not the only sick son of a bitch who wishes something big would happen, and upset the normalcy’s of our everyday lives? Something to break up the monotony?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#5]
the days are numbered for a huge quake here in the prk
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 4:10:27 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
the days are numbered for a huge quake here in the prk

I've lived hee for 40 years, and have been hearing that for as long as I could remember.  Its a pretty much BS statement.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I've lived hee for 40 years, and have been hearing that for as long as I could remember.  Its a pretty much BS statement.

Ditto here, but it's not all BS.  We're due for a big quake, but the worst earthquake we are likely to see won't cause half the damage of a single hurricane.

Earthquakes (in California) cause more fear than damage.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:51:27 AM EDT
[#8]
i'd much rather take my chances with an earthquake, than with a hurricane or tornado anyday.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Hell, put your emergency supply in a small cabin outside of your house. Even if it does collapse, you can still retrive them and they should be relative un-damaged.

With a hurricanes or tornado, you are SOL. You hide in basement or in your house and flood will drown you; you run to the open... how long can you take the beating from the hurricane is unknown, then again flood will drown you if there is one; or if it's a tornado you will be sucked into it and fly sky high, then go down to your death. At least with Earthquake, it will end in a minute tops, if you are still alive you will be out in the open; if a aftershock hits and your house collapse, you will be okay because you are not in there any more. Grab your emergency supply, set up a tent in your back yard then you are good to go for the next few days to couple weeks depend on supply leve. All civil service will resume in a relative fast time frame, so your SHTF planning does not have to last real long. It certainly will not be as bad as New Orleans.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:53:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:07:36 PM EDT
[#11]
+1 to everything  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top