Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:01:26 AM EDT
Hey everyone...A while back I remember someone posted a map of California showing which counties were Concealed Carry friendly and which ones weren't.  Does someone have that map, or a link to the site where it was posted?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:45:47 AM EDT
[#1]
spitfire:

you mean this?

http://www.packing.org/state/california/image.php?stateimage=118

www.packing.org and www.ccw.org probably has the info you're looking for
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 12:06:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Deez, that's EXACTLY what I was looking for.

Link Posted: 9/7/2005 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Glad San Bernardino is nearly shall issue. Just got to get a sig and a glock and I can go in for my CCW.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:41:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Spitfire, you're in Costa Mesa, aren't you?  Orange County is a CCW friendly county, though Carona does want to see a "reason."
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I hear frequent range time seems to be a good excuse, I mean reason.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 8:30:45 PM EDT
[#6]
i reside in OC too, i need a good reason!
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 11:30:39 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Sorry...that's not a valid reason.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:24:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Are you in the Sheriff's Dept?

A friend of mine got a CCW in OC because she shoots four or five times a month.

Actually, I believe she's registered here, but I haven't seen her around lately.

Link Posted: 9/8/2005 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Spitfire, you're in Costa Mesa, aren't you?  Orange County is a CCW friendly county, though Carona does want to see a "reason."

Yeah, I'm in Costa Mesa...I don't really have a reason to get a CCW.  I'm not a lawyer, a jeweler, I don't make nighttime deposits of large amounts of cash.  I just think it would be nice to have the option to carry if I felt I needed to.  I also like to make the Blues sweat a little...
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

In Orange County it is.  Why would you think it wasn't, pray tell?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:18:04 AM EDT
[#11]
The reasoning behind getting one for shooting frequently (as I understand it) is that, like armored vehicles, if you do it on a regular basis someone could wait for you to come/go and you would never suspect it. So if someone is watching you go to the range every saturday with your 5 nfa ARs, they could just walk up with a pistol and walk off with more firepower than they could ever get by going to a gun shop and robbing it, and it would be much easier.

Makes sense to me.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#12]
If you have 5 NFA ARs, then you're not in the same category as a recreational shooter.  Regardless, getting a CCW in Orange County is not as easy as in SBDO.

"Good Cause: Applicants must establish that good cause exists to support a request for a permit to carry a concealed weapon.  Criteria that may establish good cause include the following:

Specific evidence that there has been or is likely to be an attempt on the part of a second party to do great bodily harm to the applicant.

The nature of the business or occupation of the applicant is such that it is subject to high personal risk and / or criminal attack, far greater risk than the general population.

A task of the business or occupation of the applicant requires frequent transportation of large sums of money or other valuables and alternative protective measures or security cannot be employed.

When a business or occupation is of a high-risk nature and requires the applicant’s presence in a dangerous environment.

The occupation or business of the applicant is such that no means of protection, security or risk avoidance can mitigate the risk other than the carrying of a concealed firearm.

Personal protection is warranted to mitigate a threat to the applicant that the applicant is able to substantiate."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top