Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 2:28:19 PM EDT
Hello,

I have ask such question to CA DOJ about half year ago but no answer yet.

My question is:

Does it need manufacturer FFL if I manufacture these stuff:
1) 80% AR lower receivers.
2) Free float handguards for AR rifles.
3) Scope mounts for AR rifles.

Based on my understanding to laws, the answers should be "not required". However, the 80% receiver might draw attention from DOJ. What are your opinions?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:18:49 PM EDT
[#1]
"not technically firearms"

They're all parts, and ONLY parts. I wouldn't be worried if I were you, just make sure they are no more than 80% complete.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 4:36:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember seeing that the ATF regulates 80% receiver manufacturers. They need to be submitted for inspection and what not to make sure they are 80%ers and not real firearms.

Check with the ATF for details.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:29:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I remember seeing that the ATF regulates 80% receiver manufacturers. They need to be submitted for inspection and what not to make sure they are 80%ers and not real firearms.

Check with the ATF for details.

Interesting. I did not know this... hmm..
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Make one send it in as a sample asking if its 80% or less..?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top