Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/8/2005 5:27:21 PM EDT
Im in the valley for a while and need a new safe but dont wanna spend a lot and need delivery where to buy??
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 5:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Deans Safe

Judging by their phone number, looks like they're in the valley too
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
I got mine from Dean's the price is very good but get everything you want in it or on it when you buy it, don't believe they will give you a deal later no matter what they say.

I bought one with a combo lock and wanted a digital lock when I bought it they told me no problem it will be about $100 to $150.00 installed just let us know. I went back in and they treated me like dirt and want $350.00 for the lock and said maybe it will install?
Buyer beware
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#3]
walmart from time to time have sales on sentry safes. got mine from there.

meat
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:26:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Costco usually carries 1 safe.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Sportsman's Steel Safe Co in Long Beach manufactures on site.

Go there and pick out something that someone else ordered but never paid for.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#6]
STAY AWAY from Sportsman Steel.  They do not have a good reputation with a number of California gunowners.  Don't take my word for it.  Go over to the Calguns forum and see for yourself.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sportsman's Steel Safe Co in Long Beach manufactures on site.

Go there and pick out something that someone else ordered but never paid for.

This worked very well for me over 10 years agao.  Free delivery too, to Orange County.  They put it in my garage.  All I needed to do was measure mark and drill the holes in the floor to bolt it down .
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 1:23:13 PM EDT
[#8]
try Turners, good selection on Am SEc safes and free delivery.

www.turners.com
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:38:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy a MUCH bigger safe than you think you'll ever need.  It's amazing how much stuff you'll wind up putting in your safe - lots of guns, hi-cap magazines, scopes, silverware, artwork, deeds & other legal documents, etc.  I have a refrigerator-sized fireproof Browning that I bought 17 years ago, and it's already over-flowing.  I paid $1,500 then, which was a heck of alot of money, but it has been worth it, since when I was burglarized years ago, the bad guys didn't get into my safe.  Now the house is protected by high fences, a dog, a monitored, tamper-resistant alarm system, etc., but it still feels good to know that the last line of defense (the safe) will definitely delay the bad guys until LE arrives in response to the alarm - or much worse for the perps, until I arrive to "evict" them from my residence.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
STAY AWAY from Sportsman Steel.  They do not have a good reputation with a number of California gunowners.  Don't take my word for it.  Go over to the Calguns forum and see for yourself.

I'm aware of their reputation.

You will see that I was very specific:  GO THERE AND PICK OUT AN ALREADY COMPLETED SAFE.

Cash and carry.

The only problems I've ever heard of consist of people ORDERING safes and getting jerked around on getting what they ordered in a timely manner.

I've had one for 13 years, I know several people who have similar long term experience.  NO PROBLEMS withthe product, but problems with customer service.(I had no such problems)

My solution, GO THERE AND PICK OUT A COMPLETED SAFE.  Pay and leave with it that day, they are easily managed in a standard P/U with an appliance dolly.  

ETA--I read that entire thread, the only problmes involved excessive wait times, crappy sales tactics, and a single quality issue which was not properly handled.

Again, if you simply go there, inspect the exact safe you are buying, and don't drop it off the truck at freeway speeds, you will be staisfied.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:35:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I highly recommend the Visalia safes. http://www.visaliasafes.com/
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I highly recommend the Visalia safes. http://www.visaliasafes.com/

Visalia makes a damn fine product, but I suspect the cost may put them out of consideration for the original poster.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top