Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/4/2005 9:52:58 PM EDT
A buddy and I are looking for a place to hunt wild pigs nearby. Anyone got a hookup?

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 10:23:15 PM EDT
[#1]
hunter's ligget military personnel and family only.  great grand uncle scored the 5th largest wild pig in cali, i also heard that non mili people can contact blm for access
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Wild pigs as in feral (formerly) domestic type pigs or in the Wild Boar type bigger and nastier variety?

There are wild piggies  in several areas  from Monterey up to the San Francisco Bay area.  Most of the animal lovers have been somewhat successful in keeping the more effective suppression efforts at bay, from what I've read many of the property owners that are getting ripped up would be more than happy to accomodate you, IF THE LOCAL LAWS ALLOWED.

Wild Boars are found from the Tehachapi Mountains and north up the Coast Range.  There are guided hunts available on the Tejon Ranch. Look up Turners Outdoorsman, they usually have links on their website.  I've never heard of any south of the Tejon Ranch.  That may be a combination of terrain and  environmental reasons.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]
My cousin's boyfriend (who is less than legal in everything he does) was telling me that he liked to hunt boar with his bow in the Forest Falls area (close to the border of San Bernardino county and Riverside county). He said there were spots in particular where he could find Boar and Deer on a regular basis. Not sure how honest or legal it was, but you might check it out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
hunter's ligget military personnel and family only.  great grand uncle scored the 5th largest wild pig in cali, i also heard that non mili people can contact blm for access

Your info is incorrect. ANY CA-licensed hunter may apply with FHL to hunt there. BLM has nothing to do with it. Pig hunting is darn good there though.

www.liggett.army.mil/Hunt&Fish/Hunting%20Information%20Brochure.doc

www.liggett.army.mil/Hunt&Fish/Hunting%20Permit%20Application%202005.doc
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:44:50 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

There are guided hunts available on the Tejon Ranch. Look up Turners Outdoorsman, they usually have links on their website.  

Yeah, for how much $$$$$?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Public land in CA sucks for deer or pigs. I used to hunt public land a lot spending  about 30 to 40 days a year hunting or scouting on BLM or NF land. A lot of bust ass work for yery few animals.Now days I hunt only private land. I would rather work a saturday or two and pay to go on a nice ranch, then spend the time on shit BLM land.I dont know anywhere to go in SoCal but I do know a couple ranches up here that run 2 or 3 day hunts. If you come in the spring or fall you could take a turkey too. I have probably killed around 40 pigs and only 5 or 6 came from public land.If you are interested in comeing up to norcal to hunt[Private or public] let me know.Also I am going deer hunting for a couple days but will respond if you have any questions when I get back.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#7]
We were trying to find a place within a days drive of Yuma. I think that puts us as far away as San Bernadino or so....

I had heard of a ranch near there, but can no longer find info on it. Tejon is for rich folks, it seems.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:46:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We were trying to find a place within a days drive of Yuma. I think that puts us as far away as San Bernadino or so....

I had heard of a ranch near there, but can no longer find info on it. Tejon is for rich folks, it seems.

Ouch! Tejon is a little pricey.I got a 1500 acre ranch to hunt by running an ad in a penny saver paper. Ad cost me 12 bucks I've been hunting the ranch for 6 years.You might try that.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:13:42 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ouch! Tejon is a little pricey.I got a 1500 acre ranch to hunt by running an ad in a penny saver paper. Ad cost me 12 bucks I've been hunting the ranch for 6 years.You might try that.

pie man you need ti fill me in on he details bro.  kahlua pig cuzz, we burry it in an imu and laters , ummmmmmm killer grinds.   IM me for the the hunt like to with triple b , if he has time.

meateater( pigeater)
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't drive very far in a day
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:39:01 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

pie man you need ti fill me in on he details bro.  kahlua pig cuzz, we burry it in an imu and laters , ummmmmmm killer grinds.   IM me for the the hunt like to with triple b , if he has time.

meateater( pigeater)

WHAT? Can someone please translate?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:36:05 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You don't drive very far in a day

I guess I underestimated Sn Bernadino... how about a place within a n8 hour drive of Yuma?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:28:18 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meateater( pigeater)

haole boy, need to learn pigeon cuzz............

meat
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meateater( pigeater)

I think he said that they cook by burying it and its good eats.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:16:25 PM EDT
[#15]
hey doc, just messin with ya.

was a lil drunk last nite when i wrote that, and lil hungover this morning too......

wanna go hunt some pigs??? then will eat 'em....  yum ....yum....

meat
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:41:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
hey doc, just messin with ya.

was a lil drunk last nite when i wrote that, and lil hungover this morning too......

wanna go hunt some pigs??? then will eat 'em....  yum ....yum....

meat

YEAH I WANNA HUNT PIGS!!! Me and DFD have been trying to get a trip to Tejon Ranch and they wanted lots of $$$ for it.

Thanks for explaining your post... I thought I had a reading comprehension problem for a minute.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#17]
doc as soon as i get more info i;ll IM you or post the info.

until then,

aloha, mr. hand

meat
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:19:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Pieeater, Are you hunting pigs up in Lake county? What kind of info do you have on the 2-3 day hunts? I too would love to hunt pigs but the private land I have access to has everything but pigs.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:34:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

YEAH I WANNA HUNT PIGS!!! Me and DFD have been trying to get a trip to Tejon Ranch and they wanted lots of $$$ for it.

Thanks for explaining your post... I thought I had a reading comprehension problem for a minute.

I've been wanting to try the Beowulf out on some wild pigs. Is this an open invite?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
There is a place around Temecula some ranch it has pigs & goats cost is somewhere around 200-300 I will look for the nameand get it posted
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:22:31 AM EDT
[#21]
I would have to say hunter ligget(sp) is a good bet. I used to hunt there with my dad and my uncle and we got a pretty big boar once(~ 400lbs) . This thing was a beast. my Uncle hit it first with a 30-06 and it knocked it down, but that damn thing got back up and my uncles friend hit it with a 300WM and that was the end of it. We had to get the jeep in there to pull that sucker out(4 men couldnt pull it) and then we gutted it and we were on our way.

Awesome meat by the way. By far the best pork I have EVER tasted.

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been wanting to try the Beowulf out on some wild pigs. Is this an open invite?

WHAT???? You saw what it did to that watermelon!!! What are you looking for??? Shredded Pork???
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:43:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

WHAT???? You saw what it did to that watermelon!!! What are you looking for??? Shredded Pork???

I love shredded pork! I will bring some BBQ sauce and buns

What ever happened to the video of that watermelon? Meateater?

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 2:32:20 PM EDT
[#24]
damn it gave it to gnmn , he was supposed to host it , but no joy.... got it in my possesion now. just need someone to host the freakin vid.......

zapp as i get more info i will post  on the boar hunt. dont know just all the details yet. waiting for info from pieeater, he is away for awhile. be patient.

meat
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

zapp as i get more info i will post  on the boar hunt. dont know just all the details yet. waiting for info from pieeater, he is away for awhile. be patient.

meat

I have a few buddies that might be interested in this boar hunt also. Anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Pieeater, Are you hunting pigs up in Lake county? What kind of info do you have on the 2-3 day hunts? I too would love to hunt pigs but the private land I have access to has everything but pigs.

No I have never killed one in Lake Co. Lately I've been hunting them up in Mendocino.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
damn it gave it to gnmn , he was supposed to host it , but no joy.... got it in my possesion now. just need someone to host the freakin vid.......

meat

Sorry I was gone hunting for a week and I've been trying to catch up since I got back. Let me see what I can come up with for a pig hunt.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:40:13 PM EDT
[#28]
thanks, pie
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 9:46:42 AM EDT
[#29]
best place i would said is Camp Vendenberg AFB...when i went there to train..i saw some wild pigs and deers..and hunting is allowed in base ,but i don;t know about civilian can hunt there or not...go call the base
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top