Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 1:12:13 PM EDT
Hi everybody, I am asking on behalf of a a friend.  He mentioned to me he was looking at prurchasing a Vulcan AR lower but I vaguely remember that someone posted seeinga Bushmaster AR lower with a pinned in mag?  If so, can someone post a link or contact info so I can get it to my friend?   Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#1]
"Not Really".

There is a company that takes bushmaster rifles, and for a inflated fee they weld a plate on the bottom of the receiver to seal it up and install a 10 round magazine.

In this regard, it's better to buy a Vulcan or FAB10 lower.  The site is www.cabushmaster.com and the rifles are way overpriced, $1600ish....  
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Halfmoon, Thanks for all your help...I'll pass this info along to my friend.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:27:18 AM EDT
[#3]
umm try this

Evans in Orange does the modification.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:33:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
umm try this

Evans in Orange does the modification.

That's the one I linked to above.  They are also the ones charging $1,549 for their cheapest configuration, something that could be built for well less than $1,000 with a FAB10 or Vulcan.  When I talked to the guy that runs the show there, (Geoff I believe) he indicated that the finish on the Bushy lower would be flawed after they welded the plate on the bottom.  For $1,600 I would hope they would completely re-finish the lower for you..
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
What about this?

www.vbd.com/noc/shop/products_detail.asp?CategoryID=49&ProductID=322

You could buy a AR reciever from someone out of state and send them this kit, they install it and the lower goes to you local FFL dealer and you get a fixed 10-Round AR.

What I'm curious to know is if the "tool" portion of the law has been tested. I mean it CLEARLY says that a tool is required...I don't see ANYTHING in there about the magazine needing to be riveted, welded, glued, etc...

# Penal Code section 12276.1:
# (a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 1:12:09 PM EDT
[#6]
gs430: Where did you pull this information from:

"# Penal Code section 12276.1:
# (a) "detachable magazine" means any ammunition feeding device that can be removed readily from the firearm with neither disassembly of the firearm action nor use of a tool being required. A bullet or ammunition cartridge is considered a tool. Ammunition feeding device includes any belted or linked ammunition, but does not include clips, en bloc clips, or stripper clips that load cartridges into the magazine."

I know that I've read it before, but for watever reason, I can't seem to find it now. I was looking through the 2005 Dangerous Weapons Control Law here:

caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/dwc.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top