Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/10/2005 10:44:41 PM EDT
hey guys,
i reserved tac1c for saturday may 21th 9am.
as mentioned before every weapon brought to burro canyon must be legal. if not, dont bring it.
sign in at the office and tell them that your with the ar15.com group
plus as alway while shooting and other not shooting must abide by the four rules of gun safety

The Four Rules of Firearms Handling
by Jeff Cooper

Rule 1
ALL GUNS ARE ALWAYS LOADED.
The only exception to this occurs when you have a firearm in your hands and you have personally unloaded it for checking. As soon as you put it down, Rule 1 applies again

Rule 2
NEVER LET THE MUZZLE COVER ANYTHING YOU ARE NOT PREPARED TO DESTROY.
You may not wish to destroy it, but you must be clear in your mind that you are quite ready to if you let that muzzle cover the target. To allow a firearm to point at another human being is a deadly threat, and should always be treated as such.

Rule 3
KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER UNTIL YOUR SIGHTS ARE ON THE TARGET.
This we call the Golden Rule because its violation is responsible for about 80 percent of the firearms disasters we read about.

Rule 4
BE SURE OF YOUR TARGET AND WHAT IS BEYOND IT.
You never shoot at anything until you have positively identified it. You never fire at a shadow, or a sound, or a suspected presence. You shoot only when you know absolutely what you are shooting at and what is beyond it

yeah this time i guess i cna bring out the grill, but im not gonna be cooking the whole time again!!!
as for the next shoot maybe we could have a ironsight, optic,so on.... competitive match ,where we could have four target stand or more lined up downrange , while the other people on half of the range blast away!!!  
well this is just a thought we have all month to plan something...i really liked how drfridge and padandy set up their part of the range, iit was fun and practical and not to mention how a great job mall ninja did as the r.o.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 11:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
hey paul can you pin this thread?

Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#2]
lol, let's make it a pot luck, it's not fair for bangbang to haul that grill and clean it all the time.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 5:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
rotating grill duty? The rest of us should at least bring stuff to cook on the grill.
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 6:12:47 PM EDT
[#4]
We'll each bring something, so poor bangbang doesn't have to drag that grill all over town.  Pizza, tater salad, cold cuts, etc.

ETA: on second thought, I dunno how it'll work out.  The designated ROs didn't show up at 0830, only you and I were there by that time
Link Posted: 4/11/2005 7:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
grill what grill?  (Not that I need  more food).    In any case, let's try and get a good headcount several days before for planning on the logistics side.

I'm all for a pot luck that usually means there is close to the right amount of food for the group.  If they had brought food for the projected number, somebody would have been way overbought.
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 8:59:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I will commit to being there at 0830 for safety briefing and general RO duty. I will have to leave by 1430 - I'm working a graveyard shift on weekends lately.

I'll bring along the SOCOM 16, the 10FP-LE2, my Mossy 590A1, a couple of pistols and wheelguns. Maybe the Mini-14 and 10/22 if I cab cram it all in the truck box have
See ya there! Tara
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
pistols and wheelguns, pistols and wheelguns.  I have already designated my wife and son to remind me and if necessary put the pistol case in the truck themselves. pistols and wheelguns.
pistols and wheelguns.  (Did I mention that among the things I forgot at the last shoot were my pistol and wheelgun?)
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 7:33:30 PM EDT
[#8]
heheh i gonna make a steel gong for our next shoot
Link Posted: 4/19/2005 9:35:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Hehe...just make sure it doesn't frag!

I was a bloody mess....no thanks to Meat, and his M1A!

First Blood at ARfcom Shoot.....

Hopefully I can make it this time......misses been keeping me away from friends....  

Link Posted: 4/20/2005 5:17:04 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 4/20/2005 5:18:28 AM EDT
[#11]
at least you're not getting fragged , when you can't make the shoot.
you're staying healthy this way.lil souvenier , for you to remember me by
thanks, to the ro's who helped out.
if i can make it , i'll bring out mac. salad for the pot luck.

meat

NO STEEL CORE AMMO!!!

it's getting to be a little dry up there and against range policies.
Link Posted: 4/22/2005 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh ya i could bring a big thing of clam chowder
Link Posted: 4/26/2005 12:19:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm bringing a large casserole dish of my Mac & Cheese (from scratch, not out of some blue box)
Link Posted: 4/27/2005 10:42:16 PM EDT
[#14]
hmmm....maybe I just will go 2 weekends in a row to Burro Canyon

Link Posted: 4/28/2005 1:21:51 AM EDT
[#15]
DieselScoutII  - I had one of those and it was a geat car until it disappeared into Mexico.  You got the straight 6 with ort without the turbo?
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#16]
dieselscoutII you are welcome to join us, no steel core ammo is allowed at burro canyon and you should bring some ammo if you want to shoot some of own guns and mine
bangbangboogie
Link Posted: 4/28/2005 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#17]
anyone have an su16 they can bring?
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 4:19:12 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
anyone have an su16 they can bring?

i beleive jwc6 has one, if he let me shoot it a couple of months ago ,pretty neat. iirc.

Link Posted: 4/29/2005 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Shows yah how old I really am I used to have a diesel Scout andwhen you said bring an SU16 my first thought was the runways too short.
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 1:59:25 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Shows yah how old I really am I used to have a diesel Scout andwhen you said bring an SU16 my first thought was the runways too short.

LMAO
Link Posted: 4/29/2005 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

the su16 comes standard with VTOL. no landing strip required
Link Posted: 5/2/2005 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey just a heads up guys. Last month there were some shady characters walking around looking a little tooooooo interested in what was going on. Keep your eyes peeled.

Oh and I will take care of the sodas again

HEY BTW... Who has my target stands?
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Yer gonna make it, with the lasek surgery and all?
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 8:11:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Yer gonna make it, with the lasek surgery and all?

Yeah... my eyesight should be "50/50" by then
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 8:12:15 PM EDT
[#25]
...and.... WHO HAS MY TARGET STANDS DAMMIT!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/3/2005 9:14:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I do.  I was the last one to leave last meet.

Had to fix one of them.  PVC and bullet just don't mix well.  

I may not make the next meet.  Want to meet at Burro?  I can try to reserve an area...

Link Posted: 5/3/2005 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do.  I was the last one to leave last meet.

Had to fix one of them.  PVC and bullet just don't mix well.  

I may not make the next meet.  Want to meet at Burro?  I can try to reserve an area...

NO!

YOU HAVE MY TARGET STANDS AND I WANT THEM !!!!

Just kidding... just bring them at the June or Jul;y or August or September shoot. or whenever...

... I just forgot about them and wondered what happened... I have more... no worries
Link Posted: 5/4/2005 4:26:38 AM EDT
[#28]
I probably will go up one day anyways...  Got to cure the itch finger... I tell ya, it is an adiction...

I'll post it when I may go up  
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 12:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Hey I think I can make it to this one.  The last socal arfcom shoot I made it to was like 6 months ago.  

Thing is my cousin and friend are supposed to be coming down from the central coast that day and I was going to take them shooting.  These are guys that like to shoot, but don't own their own firearms (yet).  What's the feeling on bringing other people to these events?  I know it says "open invitation" but I just want to double check to make sure.

If it'll help persuade anyone, I'll bring my EDM Arms Windrunner 50BMG.  
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 1:31:02 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Hey I think I can make it to this one.  The last socal arfcom shoot I made it to was like 6 months ago.  

Thing is my cousin and friend are supposed to be coming down from the central coast that day and I was going to take them shooting.  These are guys that like to shoot, but don't own their own firearms (yet).  What's the feeling on bringing other people to these events?  I know it says "open invitation" but I just want to double check to make sure.

If it'll help persuade anyone, I'll bring my EDM Arms Windrunner 50BMG.  hr

Try to get them there early enough to get the safety briefing; also, instructors will be available for firearms they're not familiar with.

Tara
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I probably will go up one day anyways...  Got to cure the itch finger... I tell ya, it is an adiction...

I'll post it when I may go up  

walmart, hit me up.. thinking i might go out shooting to burro this sat.

kisara, are ya back in town yet????
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 5:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
gobabygo you and your friends are welcomed to join us.  i personally never shot a 50bmg yet, you can always try out my ar jsut bring clean ammo. no wolf, nyet!!!
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Hey just a heads up guys. Last month there were some shady characters walking around looking a little tooooooo interested in what was going on. Keep your eyes peeled.

yea, no kiddin . don't know where they came from but, next time i'll be asking them politlely to leave , because it is a closed and private range.
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 7:06:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Anyone has an A2 flash suppressor I can buy? If so please let me know and bring it to the Range.  Meat I still owe you $ for the dummy rounds
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#35]
happy cinco de mayo
Link Posted: 5/5/2005 8:06:48 PM EDT
[#36]
duffmeister i got a couple of a2 flashhiders i can donate one to you
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 1:38:10 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Quoted:

yea, no kiddin . don't know where they came from but, next time i'll be asking them politlely to leave , because it is a closed and private range.

Good Im glad Me and Mall Ninja werent the only ones who noticed. I felt bad because when Mall Ninja's friend showed up I think I was abrubt to him saying "AND WHO ARE YOU?"

sorry bout that.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 5:05:23 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Anyone has an A2 flash suppressor I can buy? If so please let me know and bring it to the Range.  Meat I still owe you $ for the dummy rounds

duffy, catch me next time around.. no worries. i know where you shoot!!!  just kiddin . bro.

damn, the good doctor is turning onto a hard ass!!!

meat
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 5:20:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Bang I'll exchange it for something you can use, thank you!
Yeah the gang banger looking dude sure was interested in our hardware, y'all don't think he wasn't just interested in our safety habbits?
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 1:35:42 PM EDT
[#40]
It was clear he was a bolt action or shotgun hunter type and was almost ready to be bitten by the black rifle bug, but you guys scared him away.  We could have had a convert but not, you discriminated against him solely on the basis of outward appearance.  For shame for shame for shame.  Just like jumping to opinions on somebody that has pink furniture on his rifle and a deceptive avatar.
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 1:56:09 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
It was clear he was a bolt action or shotgun hunter type and was almost ready to be bitten by the black rifle bug, but you guys scared him away.  We could have had a convert but not, you discriminated against him solely on the basis of outward appearance.  For shame for shame for shame.  Just like jumping to opinions on somebody that has pink furniture on his rifle and a deceptive avatar.

pa, we had several different un-wanted visitor's that day!  a couple of thug looking dudes and the other guy with all the un-controlled kids.  not one of them asked any questions.. just hovered around like a pack of vultures, checking too closely at our weapons. not cool!!! they did not even ask to check them out. made me very nervous... i stopped shooting to just observe these creatures. outlook appearance or not, should have introduced themselves , like normal people do and start off by saying" ya don't mind if we hang and see what you 're shooting?" would have surficed. next time , well there won't be a next time. if any unwanted visitors come up and they do not introduce themselves like decent people do, they will be gone.
bad enough we have to mind our own crew, but un-wanted visitors just add to the mayhem. imho
we are not pre-judice or discrimminating !, we hate everybody equally!
ETA: i'm not pre-judice.. i hate everybody equally!
meat
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 1:59:53 PM EDT
[#42]
shame on you meat
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
shame on you meat

duffy, if you haven't figured it out since the first time we met... i 'm an A-HOLE!
gotta sight in my jpoint , wanna meet me at burro tommorow? i'll be there. blue toy  pre-runner.
look for the sticker that reads" if it has tits or wheels, it will give you problems!" for some reason my wife won't let me remove that sticker, i guess she finds it amusing

bulgoki
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 2:14:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Meat, I just got back from the AZ MG shoot last weekend, still trying to recuperate
You know how I feel about Burro...too damn far, I almost always start to nod off on my way back
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 2:18:06 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Meat, I just got back from the AZ MG shoot last weekend, still trying to recuperate
You know how I feel about Burro...too damn far, I almost always start to nod off on my way back

yea, i know duff. burro is a helluva drive for ya. had a good time at the az mg shoot? details ???
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 2:33:23 PM EDT
[#46]
hehe, yeah, need more ammo and mags next time
Link Posted: 5/6/2005 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

damn, the good doctor is turning onto a hard ass!!!

meat

Who? ME??? You are just NOW finally noticing???
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 8:27:00 AM EDT
[#48]
newbe here looking to join the fun if it's ok with u guys. New to the gun industri but willing to learn i have a Glock 40 and a mak. just have wolf ammo for the Mak would there be a problem with that?
Since not alot of stores carry ammo for the Mak. i mean.What should i bring???????????
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 8:57:31 AM EDT
[#49]
By all means come on over, if you're new please show up early so we can go over some safety issues and drills.  As long as your ammo isn't steel cored it's ok.  Unlike Angeles there won't be anyone checking your ammo with a magnet, but last time we started a small brush fire even though nobody was shooting steel core ammo, fortunately there wasn't much fuel to burn and thanks to the quick action of Blackgun and Meat it was put out quickly
Link Posted: 5/7/2005 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
newbe here looking to join the fun if it's ok with u guys. New to the gun industri but willing to learn i have a Glock 40 and a mak. just have wolf ammo for the Mak would there be a problem with that?
Since not alot of stores carry ammo for the Mak. i mean.What should i bring???????????

gnmn,
you are more than welcome ... show up early so our RO's can have their way with you.
NO STEEL CORE AMMO. that's it.  make sure whatever you bring up is legal.
we always shoot the other burro arfcommer's guns. all they ask is you bring CLEAN AMM0 if ya want to shoot our guns.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top