Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/14/2005 6:29:20 PM EDT
HK USC. No folding or telescoping stock, no threaded barrel, no flash hider, no bayonette lug, and not able to accept a magazine containing more than 10 rounds. I can take off the fore end pistol grip.

If not, then how the hell do you guys get around the AWB to get your Springfield M1A's???

Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:35:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Pistol Grip + Removeable Magaine = No
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:35:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Ahhh,
Yes the HK USC.Well in Cali they dont allow pistol grips which in this case they consider thumbhole stocks pistol grips.Everything else looks good though.If you had some one nueter that pistol grip off it could be legit IMO but sometimes my opinion says ok to everything after a few beers.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:39:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm. I don't think I have anything that would be legal in California.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:10:26 PM EDT
[#5]
that isn't a pistol grip, it is a thumb hole stock.
I have often thought about finishing a filler that can be screwed into the holes of the stock, that would certainly make the usc legal, but I don't know how it would handle.
If someone wants to give me one, I would be more than hapy to be a test case after the stock is filled in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:25:12 PM EDT
[#6]
no it's not legal.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
As per California law, a pistol grip is any thumbhole stock, like the one in the picture, or any stock whose grip falls below the action of the weapon. A lot of target stocks are actually illegal, because the grip falls below the action of the weapon.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
As per California law, a pistol grip is any thumbhole stock, like the one in the picture, or any stock whose grip falls below the action of the weapon. A lot of target stocks are actually illegal, because the grip falls below the action of the weapon.

The target stocks have to be paired with a semi-auto, centre-fire rifle. With a bolt gun or a rimfire gun, you can have all the evil features you want.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#9]
 U can always just get a 10rnd mag and mod the release so that it needs a tool to take the mag out.  Then the pistol grip n other "evil" features r ok, but make sure that the gun is not on the DOJ list or banned by manufacture/parts thing.  Good Luck

The banned by "series" law has been declared un-Constitutional but hasn't been changed/removed/clarified as yet ... two or so years after the court ruled.

Is that really true?  Shit!  hope it gets thrown out the window so i can build a CA legal AR.  What do u think would happen if we all got together and sued the DOJ/state for infringment of rights?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:00:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What do u think would happen if we all got together and sued the DOJ/state for infringment of rights?

The kangaroo courts would throw out the case, but now DOJ has our names, addresses, etc to crawl up our asses and look around......
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The target stocks have to be paired with a semi-auto, centre-fire rifle. With a bolt gun or a rimfire gun, you can have all the evil features you want.

Well, yes of course. I was assuming that was implied. My fault for not mentioning it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#12]

Is that really true?  Shit!  hope it gets thrown out the window so i can build a CA legal AR.  

You can build one now. 2 different manufacturers make CA legal stripped lowers. One of those companies makes a complete CA legal unit as well. The complete rifle is made by Vulcan Armament (Hesse). Sure, not many people care for Hesse but it is encouraging that some companies are stepping up to the plate. There is a lot of money to be had in this state and I'm sure the other companies are watching to see how it goes.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:53:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

M1A
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
Mini-14 & 30
Ruger Deerfield, PC9 & PC40
Marlin Camp 9 & Camp 45
SKS
BAR

are all Cali legal semi autos.  there are others too, those are just off the top of my head.

Link Posted: 3/15/2005 10:24:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

M1A
M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
Mini-14 & 30
Ruger Deerfield, PC9 & PC40
Marlin Camp 9 & Camp 45
SKS
BAR

are all Cali legal semi autos.  there are others too, those are just off the top of my head.

You forgot the category 3 guns:
FAL, HK clones (91/93/94)

Also MG34, 1919A1, MG42.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top