Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 1:47:04 PM EDT
Does anyone know if a stolen registered AR is recovered, would it be released to the owner? Let me provide some background info. My registered AR and a few other guns were stolen a few years ago but only one pistol was recovered and returned by LE. I assume if it was recovered it would be destroyed because it was an 'evil assault weapon'.  I would appreciate insight you all could provide.

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:59:20 PM EDT
[#1]
It happened to another member of this board.  His CA registered AR-15 was stolen, recovered by police, and returned to him.

The thread is way before the earliest you can Search for.

Does anyone recall who that was?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 3:48:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your input. I guess I'll have to call my local police department's property managment division to see if  there's been any progress.hinking.gif
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a Mini-14 stolen recovered by a State police department in another state that refused to release it to my Local Sheriffs Department so they could release it to me, same outfit refused to confiscate a Telivision and VCR from the woman that purchased them even after she admitted buying them from the man who was suspected of stealing them and I had the Serial numbers to all stolen items.  He tried to sell the Mini in a pawn shop he told the owner that he had a black rifle that fired about a 2 and 1/2" shell that he would like to get 75 dollars for.  The pawn shop owner told him he would need to see his ID he photocopied the ID and caught the SOB on video with the rifle also took down his tag number and a description of the vehicle.  After being apprehended and waiting 6 months in jail for court he was released on time served.  If anyone knows Tim Powell formerly  from the Wheeler Texas area tell him I am looking for him and would like to have a conversation with him,  

after several years of a private on going investigation I found out the he was involved in an earlier burglery of my Fathers residence that involved the theft of some 17 firearms, which I later learned were traded for drugs and eventually smuggled down south to Mexico where they were traded for more drugs so now there is no chance I will ever recover the only priceless heirlooms my father could have left me.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
MTNmyMag,

You have my sympathies. If I ever catch the SOB that took my stuff........

Jeff
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Warthog the SOB called me from jail and asked if I would drop the charges... I told him in no uncertain terms that he was safer in jail and exactly why he was.... the SOB used tow ork for my dad,  we didnt know that he was the one that had stolen my dad and some of my firearms before ..anyways he showed up one day looking to see if my Dad had a job for him and dad said no but loaned him 20 bucks (gave a hard luck story) ...he used the 20 bucks to buy gas to drive to my house to break in.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:02:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I figure that guy ought to get what he deserves. What goes around, more often than not, comes around.  Good luck getting some of your stuff backJEff
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#8]
One of my worst nightmares. To have my AR stolen when I cannot get another.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:28:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
One of my worst nightmares. To have my AR stolen when I cannot get another.

+1

Ditto.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top