Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 1:21:39 PM EDT
 Just thought  I'd pass on a project I was working on for some time.
Equipment
- Mill w/ DRO
- Drills, Tap, EndMills, etc.
- Files
- High Temp Plastic (for Magazine)
.22lr AR
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
wow did you actually make that red lower?

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:03:23 PM EDT
[#3]
  Sorry,  yes that was my thread.  The lower was built from a 0% forging (block of aluminum that looks like a rough lower).  I also did a Fab10 style from a 0% forging.  Great forum for the home builder/gunsmith types.  The 0% forgings cost me $18.00 ea,  already had the mill and tooling,  then just read up on the forum and started making chips.  I've been working on Benchrest guns for a few years,  then got insterested in the Gas Guns.  AR15.com is a great place to share ideas.
Thanks for the great topics fellas,  you got me interested in the CA .22lr project.
Fab10 style Project
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
How long did the 0% .22 lower take?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#5]
  The Mrs.  only lets me go off to the garage for an hour or so a few days a week,  it probably took about 8hrs to do all the setup and machining,  and the magazine took about 2-3hrs to machine, modify, experiment, re-modify untill worked flawless.  Learning easier ways to setup forging to speed things up though.  
  I shot the .22lr a couple of weekends ago and it cycled great and grouped well with cheap ammo,  so untill my baby is born and I can sneak away for a few minutes to go to the range,  I can order up some better ammo and see what it can do.  Any suggestions on ammo for the DPMS?
Top Top