Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2003 8:45:28 PM EDT
The freaking liberals at my command were all in a tizzy this morning and gathered together to bad mouth Governor Arnold and speak praises to their dethroned God Davis. They're already blaming Arold for job losses, the deficit, and raising taxes

It was pretty eye opening to listen to some of the justifications over the cubical walls for their support of Davis who has spent California to the poor house ... no doubt that they received buckets of money from him and his willing cronnies in the California senate. There had to be plenty of panties wadded after the recall came though ... the democrat senators wondering when they're going to get it. The media wasn't able to spin the idiots into voting against the recall.

I guess you can raise property taxes but not the car tax huh guys? Is it me or do poor people own more cars than well to do people? I have exactly one car - it runs and is registered. Some families on the block have up to nine cars - five of them run and four fill the driveway for them .

I'd love to see California reward each cop who catches an unregistered car $10 and each unlicensed driver $25 as a reward.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Some families on the block have up to nine cars - five of them run and four fill the driveway for them .

I'd love to see California reward each cop who catches an unregistered car $10 and each unlicensed driver $25 as a reward.

LOL!  You must have the same neighbors!  As far as the reward, well- some people wouldn't be calling in sick...
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
hey don't raise no property taxes, why do property owners get penalized by having to cough up that 1% every year, all for working their asses off to own properties?  What do the local and federal government ever do for us with the property taxes we have to pay?  It's like ransom, I tell you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Renters and leaser's don't "pay" property taxes ... so they think! Just like the people that never notice the income taxes they pay out of each check ... and then celebrate income tax refund
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 6:42:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I used to be pretty happy when I used to get $6K in refund, though I knew it was my money they were giving back to me, still it's like finding money in a jacket, it ain't free money but still nice.
Link Posted: 10/13/2003 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well I used to be pretty happy when I used to get $6K in refund, though I knew it was my money they were giving back to me, still it's like finding money in a jacket, it ain't free money but still nice.

But it's your own money that's been taken from you - like over paying bill and getting change back from the cashier.

Link Posted: 10/22/2003 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Your tax refund is basically an interest free loan to the government.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:50:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Well not for me anymore!  I pay estimated income tax every quarter, and never get anything back since I started my own company.  But I did give Ares Defense a $1000 interest-free loan and so far there's nothing to show for it
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#8]
So Duffy, how does it feel to join the ranks of the rich? I know you don't feel rich but from the stuff I've been reading about rich, poor and middle income in CA I think you've recently passed into the top tier.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm still firmly in the middle class, when I have a million bucks in the bank I might consider myself rich then.  I do owe about that much though, but that's not the same as having it in equity or in the bank
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top