Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 9:38:29 AM EDT
I also posted this in the General Forum..

Ok.. sorry for the SPAM, but as a Californian fighting to take back our state I would like to let our Bay Area members know about a rally in San Jose.

The Silicon Valley for Arnold Schwarzenegger organization is sponsoring a debate rally at Wave's Smokehouse today. We anticipate a large number of people and the local media (TV, Radio, Print) has been invited. Come out and show your support for our next governor! We will have yard signs, bumper stickers, and other miscellaneous Arnold gear available for you to take home.

The debate is scheduled to start at 6:00pm. Please come early for the best seats!

Wave's Smokehouse and Saloon
65 Post Street
San Jose, CA 95113

-Niel
AR15 Team Member
and Webmaster of www.joinarnold-sv.org
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm voting for a real Republican, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 12:39:26 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a free country and you're entitled to make your own, educated decisions.  

I like McClintock too, however I want to make sure Busta-raise-your-taxes-mexifornia-monte is not elected.  McClintock is TOO conservative to ever have a chance in a State that has San Francisco and LA as it's two major cities.

If McClintock is able to pull off a Miracle, and it wouldn't be anything less, then I will celebrate in the streets, admit I was wrong and buy you a drink.

-Niel
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Isnt Arnold against guns. Didnt he make a statment how he thinks we should not be allowed to own them?????
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 1:22:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never heard that statement.  His webpage states that he believes in the 2nd and supports the laws as they stand.  (which is the same as Bush)

Most people in his campaign believes he is a moderate-in-name-only and if he becomes governor we'll see how conservative he really is..  however, this is only speculation.

-Niel
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:18:21 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I like McClintock too, however I want to make sure Busta-raise-your-taxes-mexifornia-monte is not elected.  

...and buy you a drink.

-Niel

In the mean time you can see more of the feelings on Arnie here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=207291&w=myTopicPop

In particular...

Any dillhole who believes that there is a possible "splitting" of the vote needs to get their head examined.

If a candidate isn't convincing enough to get a plurality (or majority in most cases) of the votes, the guess what. He fucked it up himself. So if Arnie loses, it's his own damn fault. Not McClintock's. Not Bustemonte's. Not even his momma's.

Vote for who you think is the best choice to win, not the lesser of two evils, and you may yet be pleasantly suprised at the results. Far too many folks I talk to tell me how they'd vote for McClintock, but feel he doesn't have a chance vs. Arnie.

At this point, I'm afraid we are too far gone and think that if McClintock doesn't win, Bustamonte is a better long term choice than Arnold.  The incremental wear that is going on now would be accelerated, and perhaps more folks would awaken to see where this path is leading.  And the more grumbling that takes place in the masses, the more likely they are to stop supporting the leading cause.

Don't get me wrong, I have a good deal of respect for Arnold and what he's done with his life.  I just don't agree with all of his politics, and don't feel he's the best candidate.
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 2:43:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Schwarzenegger publicly stated he supports the .50bmg ban in several avenues including the Sean Hannity Radio program. He has since tried to tone down his pro gun control opinion but has not recanted any of it. He also stated he supports extending the AW ban.

Therefore, he does not get my vote as I do vote on gun rights issues unlike what seems to be many of my fellow CA gun owners. Sigh

Link Posted: 9/25/2003 11:10:08 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I like McClintock too, however I want to make sure Busta-raise-your-taxes-mexifornia-monte is not elected.  

...and buy you a drink.

-Niel

In the mean time you can see more of the feelings on Arnie here:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=207291&w=myTopicPop

In particular...

Any dillhole who believes that there is a possible "splitting" of the vote needs to get their head examined.

If a candidate isn't convincing enough to get a plurality (or majority in most cases) of the votes, the guess what. He fucked it up himself. So if Arnie loses, it's his own damn fault. Not McClintock's. Not Bustemonte's. Not even his momma's.

Vote for who you think is the best choice to win, not the lesser of two evils, and you may yet be pleasantly suprised at the results. Far too many folks I talk to tell me how they'd vote for McClintock, but feel he doesn't have a chance vs. Arnie.

At this point, I'm afraid we are too far gone and think that if McClintock doesn't win, Bustamonte is a better long term choice than Arnold.  The incremental wear that is going on now would be accelerated, and perhaps more folks would awaken to see where this path is leading.  And the more grumbling that takes place in the masses, the more likely they are to stop supporting the leading cause.

Don't get me wrong, I have a good deal of respect for Arnold and what he's done with his life.  I just don't agree with all of his politics, and don't feel he's the best candidate.

I wholeheartedly agree. As I posted here, the California governorship runs in cycles, not unlike the Presidency. I think that had there been no recall, Californians would be ready to vote in a Republican in 2006 anyway.

Bustamante might be the worst thing for California right now, but look at the big picture. It might be the best thing for California in the long run. If Bustamante wins, it would be more of the same, or worse, for three more years. That would be a hard pill to swallow, but that would throw the door wide open for a Republican governor in 2006.

In 2006, there will be no split vote. The Republican primaries will a good opportunity to get a real Republican on the ballot.

Tom McClintock is the best candidate for governor to come along in years, better than Lundgren, better than Simon, better than Issa, better than Arnold.

I wouldn't be caught dead throwing my vote away on Arnold. I'm voting for the man I think is the best man for the job, and let the chips fall where they may.

Sometimes it has to get worse before it gets better. I can live with that.

One more thing. Have you guys seen the latest poll numbers?
abclocal.go.com/kabc/news/092503_nw_recall_debate.html#

Click on the "EWN Poll" link at read the numbers. While it appears people think Arnold won the debate, Tom was second, and Cruz was third. People didn't have that high expectations from Arnold. He didn't step on his own dick so he won in many people's minds.

That last poll 5 of 5 is telling.

Who was the worst in the debate?

Let those numbers sink in. Tom CAN win, if people would follow their instincts and vote for the right man for the job.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 3:09:51 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This is a free country and you're entitled to make your own, educated decisions.  

I like McClintock too, however I want to make sure Busta-raise-your-taxes-mexifornia-monte is not elected.  McClintock is TOO conservative to ever have a chance in a State that has San Francisco and LA as it's two major cities.

If McClintock is able to pull off a Miracle, and it wouldn't be anything less, then I will celebrate in the streets, admit I was wrong and buy you a drink.

-Niel

And it's people like you who keep a real conservative from winning in California.  What cracks me up is all you people out there who chided Riordian, a SURE WIN AGAINST DAVIS as being too liberal and voted for Bill Simon in the primaries.  Now all of you are voting for Arnie the liberal over Tom McClintock, get your act together.  Arnold is a RINO (Republican In Name Only).  If he called himself a Democrat you'd agree completely because all of his policies ARE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT POLICIES.  That is, when he's not flip-flopping on his policies.

On top of that, the media doesn't want you to think Tom McClintock has a chance.  They take his % down a few points to make you think he doesn't have a chance so you'll vote for Arnold.  Think I'm nuts?  Look at Simon vs. Davis.  They said Simon was behind by 10-15 points, didn't have a chance in the world.  Well guess what?  It was 47.4% vs. 42.4% in favor of Davis.  The media SUCESSFULLY FOOLED CALIFORNIA CONSERVATIVES INTO NOT EVEN SHOWING UP ON POLLING DAY BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T THINK SIMON HAD A CHANCE, were you one of the ones who stayed home?  So when you see Tom McClintock @ 18%, you can bet he's probably more like 22-24%.  Don't let the liberal media fool you!  VOTE MCCLINTOCK.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 4:02:00 PM EDT
[#9]
riordan is also a RINO, prolly more so than arnold
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 9:17:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Sometimes I'm wondering if Arnold is flying under the radar over gun issues, and seems to follow current (Bush) party line with his quotes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top