User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2003 10:40:31 AM EDT
Gold Coast Trading Co has moved, again.

Their new address is
18225 Brookhurst St #19,
Fountain Valley Ca 92708
(714) 962-2105

I got a couple of post cards in the mail yesterday for a free box of Win .223 just for stopping by the new location.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 2:19:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got back from the new store. It's about the size of their older store in HB.

They have a pretty small expensive selection.

Savage bolt guns
Remington bolt guns
Marlin 22's
Marlin 44 Mag and 45-70 lever actions
Mossberg, Berreta, & Benelli shotguns
DSA Ca legal STG-58
Springfield M1A's
Ruger 10/22, Mini-14, & Mini 30.

Handguns they had in stock were:
Glock
Kimber
Sig
Springfield XD
very small overpriced selection of Springfield 1911's

No Ruger bolt actions, Ruger handguns, .17 HRM, Colt handguns.

I went there, checkbook in pocket, looking for a Ruger bolt action, one of the Laminated stock rifles in .22mag, 17HRM, .223 or .308. Also interested in a Pakerized Springfield "loaded" 1911 with factory night sights.

Left without buying anything. Turners has a better selection and prices. So does On Target, which is my local range/gun store.

I don't know why I keep giving Gold Coast a chance? The last time I was there, about a year ago, I went in with $1,500.00 Cash to spend and they didn't have any of the guns I was looking for at a fair price.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Typical nowadays?
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 7:22:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried ARMUSA in Anaheim?They seem to have the best selection around,and if they don't have it they will order it for you.I think B&B sales back in the day was probably one of the best gun shops around.They had the most reasonable prices.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:20:34 PM EDT
[#4]
i went to gold coast ONCE in 1999.

$25 for usa AR mags
$25 for beat to crap usgi ar mags

and one of the dealers telling a customer that he doesnt need a SS gun for his boat
..."cuz blued guns dont rust".

i see them at the gun shows so theres no reason to go in the store.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 1:00:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to go to the old store before they moved last time. I've never been to their Goldenwest location, and I probably won't go to their Fountain Valley location either.

Let me put it this way... the owner doesn't know as much as he thinks he knows. He rubbed me the wrong way more than a few times with his moronic statements.
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:21:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, if I had a post card worth a free box of .223 ammo, I'd go. I don't care what they say. If it's free, it's me!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Well my experience is they are overpriced and dont really provide to the customer.

When i went there for a shotgun, i wanted a benelli nova.

The guy at the counter said, "thats not what you want"

"Youll get laughed off the range for shooting that, you need to get a nice wood stock"

He kept insisting that i needed a different shotgun from what i was looking for.

Wanted me to buy a $1000 PLUS shotgun.

I went to the stockade. Picked up a nova for around $300.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 12:25:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
They have a pretty small expensive selection.

Everyone's comments so far are so, "Deja Vu"!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#9]
B&B sales was the complete opposite.I would go in there to buy a $300 AK and they would tell me that they had Bushmaster's,and Fals on sale for the weekend only.So instead of just getting an AK,I got a 16'Bushmaster and a Century ARMS Fal Sporter.Damm I hated when they had everything in stock all of the time!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:00:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I got some good deals at Gold Coast in the late 90's.

Win Q3131 for $2.99 a box.
M1A Loaded for $1,050.00 (with 3 20rnd mags)
Oly lowers $79.00
Bushmaster lowers $99.00
Eagle Lowers $89.00
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 7:22:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
B&B sales was the complete opposite.

Before the state AW mag ban, L.A. city had it in effect.   The North Hollywood store would gladly tell you, "Your magazines are available now for pick up at our Orange County store, or they can arrange to ship them to you Priority mail."  

Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:05:24 AM EDT
[#12]
That place sucks! They're full retail and then some on all their stuff. A Leatherman Wave for $107.99??? A base model Ruger 10/22 for $225???
The Double-Triple line of gear and bags for three times the gun show prices??? All that and the misinformative clerks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top