Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2003 10:51:09 PM EDT
Exit the 15, west on the dirt road.   I haven't been there since 1997.   Is this area still a go?  
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
hodge road is designated for Off Highway Vehicles, that means you can not shoot there. There are people who still shoot there though,  just don't get caught by the BLM.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 7:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought east of 15 was for off-road and west was ok for shooting? I knew of the off-road, but just recently was told of the east and west info.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I looked at the Barstow BLM site last night and it isn't as clear as it was.  It used to specifically say legal "Assault Weapons" were ok.  Now it weasel words it.  The only map is the Shotgun only south of Barstow.  I couldn't find the SBDO County regs esily.  they used to say that North or I15 which would be west at Hodge Rd was open to rifles.  Every time I've been there the good background areas were being camped in by motorcycle groups and the rest was a little shaky.  If I can see anything in the distance I don't shoot that way.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Went there about 5 weeks ago and many people were out there shooting away.

But this is west of the 15, i dont see andy OHV signs the the west.

I learned of this spot from a police officer last year.

Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:47:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Hodge is a very cool place to go.Its desolate and has many cool little coves to choose from.I have seen CHP's parked on the end of pavement and have never been hassled by them.It does get windy up there,usually after 1:00pm.As far as shooters up there I haven't seen any crazy-loco's up there.Most people are veteran shooters or clay shooters.Crazy people stay away!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 9:22:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Well this is the reply I sent to SBDO Sheriffs Victorville

Thank you for checking!  Please contact the BLM 252 6000 or go to thier
website...I think it's www.blm.gov  am not for sure on that, but it's a
government website and it's under BLM or Bureau of Land Management and
thier
maps are there.  As of the last that we were told, you could only shoot
at
licensed ranges.  Please check with the BLM, tho, and be sure.  Thanks

I guess as long as the BLM doesn't have it posted No Shooting, or an OHV area or their (note my spelling and SBDO Sheriff spelling) Shotgun only area you're good to go.

I must have not followed Hodge far enough the last time, I didn't find bays.  I'll look again the next time I'm out that way.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top