Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2022 2:42:20 PM EDT

Things are getting sporty in Gainesville. I am about 50mins out and glad.  My kid lives there though.
I have heard elsewhere about the felon's injury.
Shands sent him to Trampa.

From GPDs FB

"GPD CANINE APPREHENSION INCIDENT

Recently, several posts and images have circulated on social media that has garnered the attention and concern of some of our neighbors.

The initial information reflects that on Sunday, July 10, 2022, at approximately 10:39pm, a GPD officer observed a vehicle commit a traffic violation as it exited Sweetwater Square Apartments (3501 NE 15th Street). The officer initiated a traffic stop by activating the marked patrol vehicle’s lights at the intersection of NE 15th Street and NE 39th Avenue.

The vehicle decreased its speed, but continued to travel west on NE 39th Avenue, turning into and stopping at Eden Park Apartments (1330 NE 39th Avenue). The officer made contact with the driver at their vehicle window. The officer reported that he observed contraband in plain sight and suspicious behavior, to include- the driver placing his hand toward the floorboard.  The officer requested the driver exit his vehicle, and the driver complied. The officer attempted to conduct a pat down of the driver, who resisted these efforts by physically contacting the officer and running away on foot. The officer gave chase and lost sight of the driver. Back-up units were then requested. While on scene, the abandoned vehicle was searched and a stolen, loaded firearm was located under the driver’s seat, as well as ammunition in the vehicle. In addition, the driver left behind his ID, which the officer confirmed was the same person. A records check revealed the driver was a convicted felon.  

In an effort to apprehend the driver, officers remained in the immediate area searching for the driver, with their patrol lights activated for approximately one hour. Due to the nature of the crimes (felony firearm offenses), a canine officer responded and a track was initiated. This process includes the canine officer being guided by the police canine on a leash. The canine apprehended the driver hiding behind bushes and was placed under arrest. Officers observed injury to the driver and EMS was immediately requested and responded. The driver was transported via ambulance to the hospital. Due to the driver’s injuries, he was transported to a hospital outside of Gainesville for medical care. As a result, an arrest warrant was requested and granted by a judge for the following charges and related bond amounts with nationwide extradition:

POSSESSION OF CANNABIS LESS THAN 20 GRAMS – $1,000;
POSSESSION OF FIREARM, AMMUNITION OR ELECTRIC WEAPON BY CONVICTED FELON – $50,000;
POSSESSION OF FIREARM, AMMUNITION OR ELECTRIC WEAPON BY CONVICTED FELON – $50,000; and
RESISTING AN OFFICER WITH VIOLENCE - $50,000.

As per GPD’s policy and procedure, when a person sustains injury due to apprehension by a police canine, an initial response-to-resistance review is conducted. This includes a review of all available reports, photographs and body worn and in-car camera footage.  Due to the seriousness of the injuries sustained, GPD Chief Lonnie Scott directed on Thursday, July 14th, 2022, that he be provided a review and thorough debriefing to be concluded within the next 7 to 10 days. Further information may be provided upon the conclusion of this review.

We recognize some of our neighbors may feel disturbed by the images circulating on social media. Rest assured, GPD will be transparent during the review process and we will provide our neighbors with an accurate accounting of this incident. We ask for your patience as the internal review and related processes occur.

We welcome our community to review GPD policies and procedures which are available on our website at gainesvillpd.org."

There was a drive by last night downtown as well, which likely was directed at GPD on site.

Again, from FB.  I don't believe post this stuff on their website otherwise I would link.

"GPD RESPONDS TO SHOTS FIRED AND AGGRAVATED ASSAULT ON LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS

On Sunday, July 17, 2022, at approximately 2:34am, GPD officers were clearing out the downtown area during the bar closing hour when a silver Kia Sol drove by and fired multiple shots into the crowd and in the direction of the officers. Two officers had to duck for cover. Other officers who saw the shots being fired, immediately tried to initiate a traffic stop. The vehicle fled and a pursuit was then authorized.

Moments later, the vehicle crashed at 3100 North Main Street and perimeter was immediately established. Joseph Cromwell (DOB: 04/28/97), Akwan Osbourne (DOB: 03/01/99), Jeremiah White (DOB: 07/28/99), and Austin Dow (DOB: 01/04/99), local residents, all fled from the vehicle and were later apprehended.  Two firearms were located and recovered in the vehicle and their flight path.

This afternoon, the suspects were charged accordingly: Jeremiah White: Resisting w/o violence. Akwan Osborne: Attempted homicide, Discharge a firearm within 1000’ of a person, Carrying Concealed Fiream, and Resisting w/o violence. Austin Dow:  Attempted homicide, possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, shooting a deadly missile into a vehicle, discharging a firearm within a 100’ of a person, Resisting w/o violence. Joseph Cromwell: Attempted Homicide, Shooting a deadly missile into a vehicle, Discharge a firearm within 1000’ of a person, Fleeing and Eluding, Fleeing the scene of an accident w/ property damage, Resisting w/o violence.

No injuries occurred as a result of the shots fired or the vehicle pursuit or crash. This remains an ongoing and open investigation."

Link Posted: 7/18/2022 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Yea things are getting fun in some parts of the town.   The issues are drifting in to the Haile Plantation area as well vehicle break ins and thefts in nice areas on the west side im seeing on the nextdoor platform....   should get more fun with the coming recession...
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#2]
this is a local example of a nationwide malaise.  Known drug dealer/thug/player runs a redlight.  Stopped by police.  Fights, then flees, leaving drugs and an illegal gun in his car.  Police dog sent for the capture.  Thug suffers injury.  Community rallies around the thug,  his ex cop father, family, minister, former teachers etc, praise the mistreated lad and vow to fight for 'justice for Terrell'.
We really do live in separate Countries.
Black liberal judge releases him from custody, no bail.  He is welcomed back into the loving bosom  of his family.  That he is a multiple offender, a drug dealer, a violent person, is of no consequence.
The 'leaders of the black community' are out for blood themselves now.   They want the canine dog handler fired and brought up on charges.  They want to get rid of the K9 dogs.   Terrell will win a multi million dollar settlement.
We have a new black police chief, a recycled, useless political lackey.  It's going to be interesting to see which side he supports.

Local lefty rag has a different take on things
https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/2022/07/17/gainesville-man-loses-eye-after-police-k-9-attack-arrest/10081497002/
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
this is a local example of a nationwide malaise.  Known drug dealer/thug/player runs a redlight.  Stopped by police.  Fights, then flees, leaving drugs and an illegal gun in his car.  Police dog sent for the capture.  Thug suffers injury.  Community rallies around the thug,  his ex cop father, family, minister, former teachers etc, praise the mistreated lad and vow to fight for 'justice for Terrell'.
We really do live in separate Countries.
Black liberal judge releases him from custody, no bail.  He is welcomed back into the loving bosom  of his family.  That he is a multiple offender, a drug dealer, a violent person, is of no consequence.
The 'leaders of the black community' are out for blood themselves now.   They want the canine dog handler fired and brought up on charges.  They want to get rid of the K9 dogs.   Terrell will win a multi million dollar settlement.
We have a new black police chief, a recycled, useless political lackey.  It's going to be interesting to see which side he supports.

Local lefty rag has a different take on things
https://www.gainesville.com/story/news/2022/07/17/gainesville-man-loses-eye-after-police-k-9-attack-arrest/10081497002/
View Quote

Nailed it.

Can't wait to retire.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 3:53:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I am waiting on what the Chief does too.  I was present when he made a moving speech to new cops relative to the Uvalde disaster and what was expected of them. We'll see.
My kid is GPD, so thus the interest.  Besides going to visit kid, or go to GTR, RK, or airport, I avoid Gainesville.

Oh, I need to make one of those 2x4 guns to turn in..there is a gun buy the 23rd.  Things are tight.

Link Posted: 7/20/2022 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Can't wait to retire.
View Quote

Wow, while I don't like hearing that, I certainly understand.
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Can't wait to retire.
View Quote

Dont blame you a bit.  LE seems to becoming a beyond thankless job these days....

that said when you retire does that mean more weekends to shoot and cookout?  
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 4:05:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Dont blame you a bit.  LE seems to becoming a beyond thankless job these days....

that said when you retire does that mean more weekends to shoot and cookout?  
View Quote

Absolutely.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 12:15:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nailed it.

Can't wait to retire.
View Quote

How long you got?

Need new cops down here as I have been raped several times.

Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:31:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

How long you got?

Need new cops down here as I have been raped several times.

View Quote

Depends on our election two years from now. I can go then if things go south with 22 plus years, or, stay three more if things stay about the same for an even twenty-five years. I'll be over sixty-six and will draw a good SS check so long as things don't go all to hell. Or... I could just get pissed and quit tomorrow and I'd be fine as I also have a military retirement I've been getting since 2001.

I'm fortunate where I work, great agency, great community that appreciates us, but the dynamic of the job are extremely dissatisfying to me. The job has changed too much for me.

We NARCAN people every damn day and Baker Act multiple persons just about daily. Most of our calls are civil in nature where we have no business being involved. Then there are those calls where victims have it coming sort of. The lack of common sense among the public is mind boggling.

I never signed up for adult babysitting and that's all my guys/gals do every damn day. As a Lt. Watch Commander I don't have to deal with it directly thank God but I'm just over how my career has morphed into something it was never meant to be.

For a variety of reasons I won't go into here I recently decided to step down as the SWAT Team Commander, after fourteen years of SWAT, six as Commander, I'm out. It was great while it lasted but it was time to go.

I once was a big LE supporter when the folks in GD would opine on situations but now the internet is so full of legitimate examples of cops who fuck shit up every day so I just shake my head and crawl back down my hole. For those who say "stay off the internet and social media"... well, that might work, but I live in an area that has a lot of small city agencies and the way some of those folks carry themselves and act in public is shameful.

Going forward it will take a special kind of person to do this job... I'm man enough to admit in short order I won't be that guy.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Bow, just don't leave the Fl. section.

You have tremendous value here.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 9:49:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Bow, just don't leave the Fl. section.

You have tremendous value here.

Thanks.
View Quote

Thank you for the kind words. As far as the hometown forum is concerned I’m not going anywhere for a long time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 9:13:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Echoing Bowhunter shit is broken at a high level and I'm unsure its fixable.....I just turned in two expired rifle plates based on an email  request..... and got one in return. I was like like where is the other one for my carrier? You only get one. WTF are you talking about?
.....Can I have my old ones back? Nope we are sending them to Ukraine......You have got to be shitting me you are trying to give Ukrainian troops my old armor?.... Yes ..............
...........we are..........welcome to law enforcement in 2022 ........ I hope you dont take a rifle round in the back cause....you only have 1 current rated plate.....and you probably should wear it in front....its like a bad joke ........
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 4:43:30 PM EDT
[#13]
wow... and here I thought ACSO leadership couldn't get worse...   thats truly impressive ....
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 5:40:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Echoing Bowhunter shit is broken at a high level and I'm unsure its fixable.....I just turned in two expired rifle plates based on an email  request..... and got one in return. I was like like where is the other one for my carrier? You only get one. WTF are you talking about?
.....Can I have my old ones back? Nope we are sending them to Ukraine......You have got to be shitting me you are trying to give Ukrainian troops my old armor?.... Yes ..............
...........we are..........welcome to law enforcement in 2022 ........ I hope you dont take a rifle round in the back cause....you only have 1 current rated plate.....and you probably should wear it in front....its like a bad joke ........
View Quote

That's something the local news should know about... wouldn't go well for the county administration giving the current affairs lately.

Society wants gun slingers but only when gun slingers are needed, ie: Uvalde... therefore, the tax payers should pony up the funds to train gun slingers and equip them accordingly. That means rifles, ammo, protective gear, and range time. But no, that shit doesn't happen like it should... why? Because training gun slingers isn't politically correct... you have to have the "Break Glass In Case of Emergency" personnel, and many agencies just don't have enough of them, they don't cultivate them, they have no need for them until...

Very few agencies, if any, provide offensive combat marksmanship training... and that what you need boys and girls when shit hits the fan.

I'll square you away with a set of free Level III Plates when I see you in October. They are "expired", but who cares. Just try not to catch lead in the back until then.

Link Posted: 7/24/2022 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm good on armor, I got personally owned plates in date and multi sets of expired, enough for the whole family and several close friends but I was a little taken back by management's thought process. Not everyone has money to dump on expensive "gunfighting" equipment accessories and training like many of us on this board do. Many of the younger public servants much much lower on the pay scale would be a little stretched to buy their own rifle armor especially if they had some and had it taken away.

The single replacement plate is awesome 10x12 special threat 3 plus in conjunction,  2-3 pounds less than 1/2 thick I've got it in my soft armor carrier for daily wear.  I've been wearing a personally owned ceramic 6x8 heart plate for about 15 years with my soft armor so this concept is similar to what I have practiced on my own but I had an external carrier with bigger plates to throw over everything in a known rifle threat environment.

Just a symptom of the larger problem......touched on above........... like your own agency doesnt care if you get shot in the back.......or maybe it makes it easier to stab you in the back.......very dis-heartening.
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 7:58:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Lots have been going on in Gainesville…. Around that time frame of the K9 incident, you had the guys do a drive by on cops ushering people out of the streets after the clubs let out down town.

And then a home invasion with one deceased like two days later. Based on a lot of the comments on the social media post about these incidents, you have a bubbling racial divide!

It’s disheartening to me…. I was born and raised there. Moved away 20 years ago to clay county… still commute there for work and still have family, including my youngest son there. I don’t even recognize the city anymore.

All these cities that have high crime rates or rising crime rates seem to share a common denominator.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 10:24:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Is dog OK because that's all I'm concerned about. Question...if dog bites someone and get a pos drug dealing thugs blood in their mouth. Can it effect them in any way if criminal is on drugs and has drugs in their blood.

Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:14:33 AM EDT
[#18]
this has turned into a 'search for justice' for Terrell.  He and his family are playing he ghetto lottery, and hoping for a huge payout.
His supporters have painted him as the quintessential victim, and that he was innocent.  They treat the drugs and illegal gun like those were not even a factor.  
That night, Bradley was spotted driving by a police officer near the Forest and Village apartment complex, formerly known as Sweetwater Square, where he says he had just dropped off his 12-year-old daughter. The officer says he ran a stop sign, but activists and Bradley contend there is none nearby where the infraction was cited.

Once pulled over, the officer says he spotted weed and a "suspicious" Bradley, who put his hand near the floorboard of his car where a stolen gun was later found.
“Whole time he was just treating me like a suspect as soon as he pulled me over,” he said. “That made me feel like there would be some games going on ... (The officer) was thinking I was acting nervous, and now he’s nervous, and he’s gonna shoot me.”

Bradley said he was patted down and immediately felt scared. He elbowed the officer and took off on foot, leaving behind his vehicle, ID, marijuana and gun.

Police searched for Bradley for nearly an hour before he was found by a K-9 that bit his face, detaching his eye and its muscles from the socket. He was transported to Shands before being airlifted to Tampa General where his eye was surgically removed.

Bradley faces a string of charges in the court system: possession of a weapon by a convicted felon, grand theft of a firearm and resisting an officer with violence, carrying an unlicensed firearm and marijuana possession.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2022 7:43:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Dude has nobody to blame but himself for the consequences of his choices.

Fuck him.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top