Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2021 12:56:58 AM EDT
Closed thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:15:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I live in the Keys. I’m in the middle/upper Keys however. I’m living in a studio in Tavernier until  my wife and I get things back home taken care of and she moves here. Honestly I found this place on Craigs List.

If you don’t mind apartment living you should be able to pull it off for $3k a month.
I would just keep looking at CL or maybe call a realtor if I were you.

Sorry I’m not more help. Enjoy the Keys it’s nice down here.

@MarneRock
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 8:58:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Venture Out on Cudjoe Key would work, mostly as your interim version because the largest places are only about 800-850 SqFt. Also has RV sites for rent. Onsite agency is https://waterfrontkeys.com/, but there are other agencies and private rentals also [VRBO, CL, Facebook]. Lived there full-time from 2004-2017, owned in there from 1989-2017. Probably can give you opinions on other places if you find them too.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I live in the Keys. I’m in the middle/upper Keys however. I’m living in a studio in Tavernier until  my wife and I get things back home taken care of and she moves here. Honestly I found this place on Craigs List.

If you don’t mind apartment living you should be able to pull it off for $3k a month.
I would just keep looking at CL or maybe call a realtor if I were you.

Sorry I’m not more help. Enjoy the Keys it’s nice down here.

@MarneRock
View Quote

Thanks for the help and encouragement. I have spent over 20 hours this week looking. My agent here said the rental market was different because agents are not as involved with rentals like Illinois.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 11:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Venture Out on Cudjoe Key would work, mostly as your interim version because the largest places are only about 800-850 SqFt. Also has RV sites for rent. Onsite agency is https://waterfrontkeys.com/, but there are other agencies and private rentals also [VRBO, CL, Facebook]. Lived there full-time from 2004-2017, owned in there from 1989-2017. Probably can give you opinions on other places if you find them too.
View Quote

That’s some great tips, especially when they can lead me in the right direction when they find out I am a good renter, etc. I appreciate your time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top