Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 7:52:40 PM EDT
Hi everyone, I've been lurking here since I got into guns. I've been wanting to hog hunt for a few years now, my family never hunted and I don't personally know anyone who does. I've been doing some research on some outfitters and I'm trying to avoid the pen hunts. I've never hunted before so I thought an outfitter would be a better approach than a WMA. I am in Lee County but willing to drive. So far I have my eye on Fox Brown Outfitters and Ilivewild. My reason for the hunt is for the meat. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 9:20:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to go to Chappy's Outfitters and skip those two weenies in your post.

No "trophy fees" at Chappy's and their great people to deal with. It is customary to tip the dude that skins and quarters your critter.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 10:46:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a pretty good experience with Crossbones in Perry but I can't seem to find any current info on them. They had a great place.

Also hunted a nice spot in Williston with a guy advertising on Craigslist.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 8:10:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Thank you both for the recommendations. I didn’t see Chappy’s during my search. I will have to give them a call to see their pricing. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 6:42:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Another vote for chappy's outfitters
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:48:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys, just got home from Chappy’s. Thanks again! It was a blast and I got a big hog. Great place.
Link Posted: 6/1/2021 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 10:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 6/2/2021 11:58:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Nice!

Where did you hit it? I'm not seeing any damage. What projectile did you use?
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#10]
I hit him in the head, he was facing me. The round I used was a 308 150 grain PMC soft point.
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Was this a "canned" hunt, or no?
Got any details?
Prices?

Oh, yeah, Congrats!
Link Posted: 6/2/2021 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice!

Next time, use a bow.
Link Posted: 6/3/2021 11:16:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Was this a "canned" hunt, or no?
Got any details?
Prices?

Oh, yeah, Congrats!
View Quote

I believe he said they're on 1700 acres and they have 17 or 18 stands. I did a stand hunt, they also do dog hunts. I got to the stand at about 4 pm and shot this at around 7:45 pm. There were a few piglets that came by and also two deers. The summer prices are $150 for stand hunts and $200 for dog hunts. That included quartering as well. Overall for my first hunt it was a great experience.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 12:18:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Nice.  I did a swamp buggy hunt a couple years ago and while it was out in the middle of nowhere we did go in and out of various tracts of land 'searching' for the pigs.  Then we found a large group that were essentially pinned-in.  I'd like to try the stand and will check out Chappy's next time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#15]
I've done Fox Brown Outfitters twice and would recommend them. Once was a buggy hunt with two of my buddies. Was a good day. We rolled out around 7:00 AM or so, and were rolling back by 11:00 with three hogs. Was a decent morning watching the dogs work. Buggy hunt is up close and personal kill. I shot mine with a revolver. One guy got his with a spear.

Second time was tree stands. I was in one, buddy and his son were in another a couple hundred yards off. We both got hogs. His was a really good sized one that his son shot and will end up on the wall. Mine was meat. Was a really enjoyable evening, saw probably six hogs and one nice white tail doe I got to watch for a bit.

They never charged us trophy fees for any of them and the one the kid shot was definitely trophy based on size and tusk size. Just charged regular fees.

They have some exotics running around that make it kind of cool to see. Not a lot, but some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top