Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2021 9:32:27 AM EDT
Anyone here live in Marco Island can tell me what it’s like?   Dining out, getting around town, the one gun store, where to go shooting, the beach?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 11:37:27 AM EDT
[#1]
EXPENSIVE.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah I’ve come to grips with dumping a decent chunk of cash just wondering if it’s a good place to live with a nice lifestyle.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If you like winter traffic.

Actually, I bought a gun from that gun shop.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you like winter traffic.

Actually, I bought a gun from that gun shop.
View Quote

Yeah appears like a lot of snow birds there.  I lived in NYC for years so traffic is something I am quite used to.  I'm just curious if it's a good safe place with things to do.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:28:04 AM EDT
[#5]
A wonderful place to visit but quite expensive. Also, it is built-up so if you are looking for the true "island" experience, Marco is probably not it.

The Wife and myself love to take a boat down to Cape Romano and the 10K Islands and explore the uninhabited mangroves. Great opportunity for shelling (my Wife's passion) and I like to either fish or explore inland, looking for cool stuff that washes up.

ETA- Super safe but you will find yourself leaving the island to do things. Many of the charters leave out of Goodland. I recommend breakfast at "Doreen's Cup-O-Joe". GREAT food and surprising reasonable for dining on Marco Island. CJ's on the Bay is nice for outdoor dining but pricey and the food is just OK (not bad, just OK).
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A wonderful place to visit but quite expensive. Also, it is built-up so if you are looking for the true "island" experience, Marco is probably not it.

The Wife and myself love to take a boat down to Cape Romano and the 10K Islands and explore the uninhabited mangroves. Great opportunity for shelling (my Wife's passion) and I like to either fish or explore inland, looking for cool stuff that washes up.

ETA- Super safe but you will find yourself leaving the island to do things. Many of the charters leave out of Goodland. I recommend breakfast at "Doreen's Cup-O-Joe". GREAT food and surprising reasonable for dining on Marco Island. CJ's on the Bay is nice for outdoor dining but pricey and the food is just OK (not bad, just OK).
View Quote

Thanks, I realize its 25-30 mins downtown Naples which isn't huge for a few trips per month.  It just seemed like a cool place that isn't that far from fun things to do and it there something that my wife can't get out of her head about it.  I'm buying a ready to build lot and probably not building for a year or so.  If circumstance require I'll do it sooner.  I just can't do cookie cutter and the HOA thing.

When discussing expensive are most folks just referring to the housing costs?  I didn't find food, etc to be that bad at all.

Last thing is how is the healthcare in that area of FL?  I'm not old yet but hopefully that's inevitable.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:01:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
10K Islands and explore the uninhabited mangroves..
View Quote

We have monitor lizards and other stuff in those islands. Stay on the beach.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We have monitor lizards and other stuff in those islands. Stay on the beach.
View Quote

Monitor lizards on 10K islands?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:43:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:46:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, wife and I saw monitors 20 years ago walking interior swamps of the islands.

Thought everyone walked the swamps.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Are they a big problem on Marco Island?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top