Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2013 3:22:16 AM EDT
We have a pile of family coming down to visit the week between Xmas and New Years and will have a big dinner when they all arrive.  So for Xmas day, we have decided not to get involved with cooking a traditional meal and will go out for dinner instead.  Does anyone have experience or can recommend someplace good that will be open near Jacksonville, the beaches, St Augustine, etc.?

Thanks in advance and Merry Xmas
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:32:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Not sure how much you plan to spend, or what type of restaurant you're looking for, but the Conch House in St Augustine has reasonable prices, very good food and exceptional scenery.  Don't know if they're open on Xmas, but you can give them a call (800) 940-6256.  I dig Clark's Fishcamp in Jax too (904) 268-3474.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
We always go to Hooters for Xmas dinner .. We do like a Christmas lunch, then dinner for the past like 6-7 years has been hooters

Both seafood places mentioned above are really good as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 2:56:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Can't help with J'ville but the Orlando Stantnail had an article about a week ago that listed all (according to them) of the restaurants in Orlando that were going to be open for Christmas.  See if your local paper has/had something like that.

PS I went to Golden Corral one year. It was full of trashy people but GC put on a hell of a spread!  Every kind of holiday food that you could imagine and everything was for a fixed price (buffet) and the good was GOOD.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:03:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Clark's fish camp is good for out of towners.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 5:45:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure Jax has plenty of nice catering services who will make your family a nice Christmas dinner the day before.
There are lots of other ways to save yourself time and effort without forcing someone else to give up their Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 9:36:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Whitey's Fish Camp, Clark's Fish Camp and I heard that the Safe Harbor Seafood Market & Restaurant is really good also. You can give them a call about reservations and check out their web sites for an idea of their food.

Safe Harbor Seafood & Restaurant

4378 Ocean St.

Atlantic Beach, FL. 32233

Phone: 904-246-4911

Whitey's Fish Camp

2032  CR 220

Orange Park, FL. 32003

Phone:904-269-4198

Clark's Fish Camp

12903 Hood Landing Rd.

Jacksonville, FL. 32258

Phone: 904-268-FISH

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top