Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 11/12/2012 5:38:56 PM EDT
[#1]
wtf? it says i already signed the petition, but i haven't....
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Haven't we seceded before with federal permission?  I'm all for it again.  I wasn't sure about Rick Scott at first, but the man is doing a good job.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:10:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Haven't we seceded before with federal permission?  I'm all for it again.  I wasn't sure about Rick Scott at first, but the man is doing a good job.

That we just the conch republic...Key West.  Only issue I see is that unlike Texas we have little energy unless we drill NOW,  and we have to deport Miami, Hialeah, and Jacksonville.
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That we just the conch republic...Key West.  Only issue I see is that unlike Texas we have little energy unless we drill NOW,  and we have to deport Miami, Hialeah, and Jacksonville.

Hey!
Link Posted: 11/12/2012 8:51:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Umm...fuck you...the ones in red are ok but Miami in general?? My grandfather moved here when he got back from WWII.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:46:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Let me guess...with Rick Scott as president?

No thanks...
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:55:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 3:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No thanks...

I nominate Col. Allan West.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#9]
If FL refuses all Federal dollars, wouldn't that take away 80% of the control the Fed has?  By the way, what has Rick Scott done wrong in the last few years?  Seems to have done a lot of good from what I have seen.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 3:56:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No thanks...

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 3:59:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

No thanks...

Did he lose his re-election?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:03:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If FL refuses all Federal dollars, wouldn't that take away 80% of the control the Fed has?  By the way, what has Rick Scott done wrong in the last few years?  Seems to have done a lot of good from what I have seen.

Scott, who appointed a special prosecutor, and set her on a witch hunt in order to pander to phony, out of state, so-called black leaders, is the man responsible for the Zimmerman political show trial.

He also showed no leadership when it was time for him to push for the enactment of the open carry bill.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:21:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scott, who appointed a special prosecutor, and set her on a witch hunt in order to pander to phony, out of state, so-called black leaders, is the man responsible for the Zimmerman political show trial.

He also showed no leadership when it was time for him to push for the enactment of the open carry bill.

Politics man, politics.  He's done well for the budget and getting the port of Miami dredged. OC is whatever to be honest and the Zimmerman thing would of happened regardless of who was in office.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:32:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Politics man, politics.  He's done well for the budget and getting the port of Miami dredged. OC is whatever to be honest and the Zimmerman thing would of happened regardless of who was in office.

There is no room in "politics" for a government to put a citizen on trial for political purposes unless it's politics like those practiced in Maoist China, Stalinist Russia or Nazi Germany.

Forcing a citizen to face a political show trial is IMO among the worst crimes a government can perpetrate against it's people.

I wouldn't slough it off so cavalierly even though he's "done well for getting the port of Miami dredged."
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 4:36:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no room in "politics" for a government to put a citizen on trial for political purposes unless it's politics like those practiced in Maoist China, Stalinist Russia or Nazi Germany.

Forcing a citizen to face a political show trial is IMO among the worst crimes a government can perpetrate against it's people.

I wouldn't slough it off so cavalierly even though he's "done well for getting the port of Miami dredged."

Dude, this is hardly China.  I just mentioned a few things that he has done, not an exhaustive list.  Not turn this thing into a Z disscussion.  But that was a fucked up situation, no matter what.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#16]
The creating jobs bit that he's advertised meant about 60% unnecessary layoffs for my wife's state job.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:09:51 AM EDT
[#17]
I wonder if by signing this petition you just put yourself on the homeland security top list of possible terrorist.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:22:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The creating jobs bit that he's advertised meant about 60% unnecessary layoffs for my wife's state job.

IM me more on this if you don't mind.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:13:25 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:

No thanks...

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#20]
I'd live in any state that does so but will never happen
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude, this is hardly China.  I just mentioned a few things that he has done, not an exhaustive list.  Not turn this thing into a Z disscussion.  But that was a fucked up situation, no matter what.

Indeed; anything can be brushed aside like it doesnt matter but my tolerence for any politician's expediency ends when they force citizens to suffer through political show trials.

But Scott did indeed perform magnificently on tbe matter of getting the Port of Miami dredged.

Dude.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
But Scott did indeed perform magnificently on tbe matter of getting the Port of Miami dredged.

Dude.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:35:05 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't he cut a % of what the state contributes to those with state retirement?

I know something about 'retirement' pissed a lot of people off... mostly state government workers...
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:16:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know something about 'retirement' pissed a lot of people off... mostly state government workers...

I'm certainly not a state worker if that is what is being implied;

I'm just a guy that is thoroughly incensed by Governmor Scott's  naming of Angela Corey as special inquisitor....err......  prosecutor  in the Zimmerman case after the local authorities properly investigated and found Zimmerman to be not legally culpable for defending his life under the applicable Florida Statutes.

And his commission to look into the efficacy of florida's stand your ground law is another example of politically expedient pandering as well.

I voted for Scott as Governmor of The State of Florida but where my natural and legal right to self defense is concerned, what  I appear to have gotten is the team of Scott, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson working in league with the "ma baby dint do nuffin' crowd.

And don't kid yourself; he bears much of the responsibility for the failure of open carry to be enacted in our state as well.

That's exactly what has pissed me off; no more and no less.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

your point?

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:31:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your point?  

His point was to brush aside my well justified comments regarding Scott's extremely poor performance as governor in some important  areas, as those of a disgruntled state employee.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:05:26 AM EDT
[#28]
I would imagine that in the unlikely event that the state were to secede, Gov.Scott would not be the president, and the people would have to elect a leader, so this back and forth bickering is moot.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would imagine that in the unlikely event that the state were to secede, Gov.Scott would not be the president, and the people would have to elect a leader, so this back and forth bickering is moot.

The whole question of whether Florida would secede from the  U.S. is moot; even moreso since, sadly, the state voted to reelect Obama.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:54:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole question of whether Florida would secede from the  U.S. is moot; even moreso since, sadly, the state voted to reelect Obama.

pretty much
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:42:17 AM EDT
[#31]
What ??? Our Vote counted ?
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm certainly not a state worker if that is what is being implied;

I'm just a guy that is thoroughly incensed by Governmor Scott's  naming of Angela Corey as special inquisitor....err......  prosecutor  in the Zimmerman case after the local authorities properly investigated and found Zimmerman to be not legally culpable for defending his life under the applicable Florida Statutes.

And his commission to look into the efficacy of florida's stand your ground law is another example of politically expedient pandering as well.

I voted for Scott as Governmor of The State of Florida but where my natural and legal right to self defense is concerned, what  I appear to have gotten is the team of Scott, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson working in league with the "ma baby dint do nuffin' crowd.

And don't kid yourself; he bears much of the responsibility for the failure of open carry to be enacted in our state as well.

That's exactly what has pissed me off; no more and no less.

I'm not implying anything. Just asking a question. For anyone to answer in the know.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:53:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your point?  

His point was to brush aside my well justified comments regarding Scott's extremely poor performance as governor in some important  areas, as those of a disgruntled state employee.

Just asking a question guys.... Wasn't brushing aside anything.

Fuck'n a you guys are snarky.... Damn.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 2:25:05 PM EDT
[#34]
I Nominate Sarah Palin Damn She is still Hot
By The Way We have Reached the 25,000 Votes Needed!! It's to bad it won't do any good though
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:37:50 PM EDT
[#35]
MARIJUANA.  Thank God for its legalization in Washington and Colorado. WHY!? Because its puts federalism directly in issue. How will the feds successfully prosecute violators when the state has specifically made the conduct lawful? Already State Atty Generals are at odds with the DOJ.  The fights attendant with Marijuana legalization will develop the law and policy regarding such state action. Eventually, guns, gun possession and ownership, etc will be the issue. Precedents will likely be helpful.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
MARIJUANA.  Thank God for its legalization in Washington and Colorado. WHY!? Because its puts federalism directly in issue. How will the feds successfully prosecute violators when the state has specifically made the conduct lawful? Already State Atty Generals are at odds with the DOJ.  The fights attendant with Marijuana legalization will develop the law and policy regarding such state action. Eventually, guns, gun possession and ownership, etc will be the issue. Precedents will likely be helpful.

That could go either way too.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 5:47:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm all for trimming government employees, even though they probably got rid of the wrong ones...

They just need to start at the DMV... Holy hell every time I go home its a nightmare and FL govt employees seem extra pompass and haughty.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 6:30:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I am all for laying off State employees.  My wife works for the State, and believe me, at least 25% of state jobs are featherbedding.  Now if we could eliminate all public employee union jobs, we might just survive.

Florida's liberal Judges have negated much of the good that Gov. Scott has tried to put into place.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am all for laying off State employees.  My wife works for the State, and believe me, at least 25% of state jobs are featherbedding.  Now if we could eliminate all public employee union jobs, we might just survive.

Florida's liberal Judges have negated much of the good that Gov. Scott has tried to put into place.

out of right there.

Link Posted: 11/14/2012 2:56:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

your point?  

I hate to jump in here between friends and I speak of terms on a macro level not MW's personal level, but union and government (all levels thereof) workers have needed a fiscal corrective measure that hit the vast majority of the private sector 5+ years ago.  You cannot sustain an economy with public workers @ a loaded salary above 100K when the average private sector job pays ~65K.  Keep in mind that private sector jobs contributed to the economy whereas a public job does not and withdraws revenue from the system.  

I am not denigrating the jobs @ the public level.  We need police, fire, ems, teachers, etc.  I want i75 done sometime in my lifetime, but it is akin to paying a guy in Detroit  120K/yr to drop a screw in a hole vs replacing his lazy ass with a robot for 65K that doesn't take 5 smoke breaks a day and doesn't call in sick every other tuesday cuz he watch football @ the bar monday night.  

The economy sucks, libtards voted themselves a raise and we working folk all have to take an ever larger bite of a shit sandwich.  Austerity measures here are the only solution.  The private sector began them years ago as they have a cash flow issue without the IRS collecting.  They simply doesn't invest or hire and it never makes the papers.
Link Posted: 11/14/2012 10:01:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well then why the hell won't they hire me?!  I'm great at drinking coffee!
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#42]
with Florida going for hussein both times, I'll not be wanting to live here if it were to become a seperate country.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 4:41:42 PM EDT
[#43]
I think they should separate then ARFcomers could take over and hold them to do it right.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2012 3:29:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

with Florida going for hussein both times, I'll not be wanting to live here if it were to become a seperate country.

Yeah.

I fear Florida is on the way out.

Link Posted: 11/18/2012 7:28:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah.

I fear Florida is on the way out.

This. From what hear it is the libs that want So Fla as their own state...
Link Posted: 11/18/2012 10:40:09 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I wonder if by signing this petition you just put yourself on the homeland security top list of possible terrorist.

I am thinking along the same lines, but with a twist.

What if the federal .gov uses this petition to deny new firearms purchses to all of those who signed it. They could stretch this into saying that they denounced their citizenship by signing the petition.

Although it sounds good, I dont think i will be signing it just yet.

Crazy world we are living in. I cant seeing it getting any better before it gets worse. Whatever the case we as 2nd amendment enthusiasts need to be damn sure to put aside any petty differences and stick together.

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No thanks...

I think I would rather turn in my guns and move to California than live in a country run by Rick Scott. Florida right now ranks the number one most corrupt state in the country, I can only imagine how much worse it would be without any federal government and the Rick Scott's team of idiots in charge of running a country. The only thing that isn't messed up right now are the gun laws.
Link Posted: 11/19/2012 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No thanks...

I think I would rather turn in my guns and move to California than live in a country run by Rick Scott. Florida right now ranks the number one most corrupt state in the country, I can only imagine how much worse it would be without any federal government and the Rick Scott's team of idiots in charge of running a country. The only thing that isn't messed up right now are the gun laws.

Please back up that statement with facts! Also while you are at you should take a look

at where our GDP has gone over the last few years.

I am not a Big Scott fan by any means. He is not a politician and made mistakes

regarding the Z mess. But his admin has brought many businesses here including

those in the firearms business.

Getting back to the original thread.. Do we have any oil refineries here?

Link Posted: 11/19/2012 4:01:22 PM EDT
[#49]
if florida secedes..we will call it "NEW CUBA"!!!!.....

Atleast until our GREAT federal government puts our Traitorous asses down like the Rebels of Old!

yeaaahhh....U.S. GOVT., GIT R' DONE!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#50]
It's fun to see 34,589 on the petition today.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top