Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2009 3:31:12 PM EDT
Got home and in the mail was a letter from Mr Charles Bronson.  11 days door to door for the new regional office appointments.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 4:31:19 PM EDT
[#1]
it's a great feeling aint it..congrats..
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:38:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats!!!!  Now carry it safely and all the time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:41:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 5:46:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the club.  

Hopefully you'll never have to use it.  I've had mine for more than 6yrs.  Only twice have I ever had to put my hand on it, but never once have I ever withdrawn from its holster.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2009 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]
11 days, i thought these were taking almost the entire 90 days?
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
nice! yeah mercdank mines came back in less than a week!
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
OK how the hell are you guys getting them back so quick??
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:11:26 AM EDT
[#9]
I actually already ordered a comp tac minatour spartan, for the g23 sitting at my ffl, last week so it should be here by the begining of next week.  In the mean time I have an Uncle Mikes IWB for a cz-75 sp01.

Quoted:

Simple, instead of sending in the paperwork yourself, call your local Div of Lic regional office.  Make an appointment to apply for your CWL, then on said time and date bring all necessary paperwork such as training cert, DL, and a check for $117.  They basically walk you through the application and take your fingerprints right there electronically.  From there the application is reviewed and sent to the main office in tallahassee electronically and your lic is issued.  Easy squeezy.  I went to the West Palm Beach one and they were very helpful and the gentleman who helped me with my app was a firearms enthusiast himself so it was even better.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:28:21 AM EDT
[#10]
My wife got hers yesterday.  She just mailed it in, as I don't think we have a regional office near us.  Anyway,   I was expecting it to take the full 3 months, but it was more like 7-8 weeks.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Congratulations; now make it a habit to carry everywhere, every day.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:51:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I actually already ordered a comp tac minatour spartan, for the g23 sitting at my ffl, last week so it should be here by the begining of next week.  In the mean time I have an Uncle Mikes IWB for a cz-75 sp01.

Quoted:

Simple, instead of sending in the paperwork yourself, call your local Div of Lic regional office.  Make an appointment to apply for your CWL, then on said time and date bring all necessary paperwork such as training cert, DL, and a check for $117.  They basically walk you through the application and take your fingerprints right there electronically.  From there the application is reviewed and sent to the main office in tallahassee electronically and your lic is issued.  Easy squeezy.  I went to the West Palm Beach one and they were very helpful and the gentleman who helped me with my app was a firearms enthusiast himself so it was even better.

Damn I wish I had known to do that 2 weeks ago.  I finally went and got my fingerprints done electronically at the local office and sent everything in.  Ohh well, looks like I'm gonna have to wait a while.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Got mine last week. It took right at 8 weeks. If you go to a regional office it will take about a week. A friend of mine went that route. I wish I would of done that. Checking the mail box was like a kid getting a new toy.
  The Gatorman
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:57:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
11 days, i thought these were taking almost the entire 90 days?

I'm happy for the OP, welcome to the club, but yeah, mine took 90 days, then another 90 because the FBI needed fingerprints done again. That was over a year ago when I applied. Maybe they have cleared the backlog? I was NOT happy. I am MUCH happier now that I have it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Brother and I are in Tally, he needs to get his done... Could he just go to the "Head Office" and get it done? Where could I find the address and phone number?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:18:32 PM EDT
[#16]
http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/staff/regions.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:24:37 PM EDT
[#17]
What are the current wait times looking like? I got mine a couple years ago, my gf just took the class yesterday. If she mails it with ink prints what can she expect?
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 4:58:17 AM EDT
[#18]
I did mine on Monday at the west palm office I'm wondering how long it will be.

Edited to add my timeframe...

Now let me brag on my timeframe....Appointment at office was Monday 9/14, check cashed Tuesday 9/15––––CCW in hand today 9/19.

Doesnt get any faster then that for a state agency.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top