Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/13/2009 12:41:51 PM EDT
Has anyone been having any issues receiving packages lately?  Two different ammo orders (one from the EE and one from Palmetto) have been seriously delayed.  I normally wouldn't think much of it but I made an order of some music and stuff with a friend's card at their address and that hasn't shown up either.  My package in Jax was delayed three days and I only know that because of the tracking number.  I'm in Gainesville.  Anyone else having any issues?
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
I have heard stories of problems with UPS laity. I haven't had any tough.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 1:47:28 PM EDT
[#2]
No change in service here even though the driver, I call him "hand truck", hates me.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:20:34 PM EDT
[#3]
No problems for me in Miami. Except of course the bitching and complaining when they have to carry the boxes cases of ammo.
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 5:59:08 PM EDT
[#4]
No problem here. Other day had 1500 rds delivered and UPS guy asked if i was going to war with someone...Really dont like that he knows i have guns in my place. but what you gonna do..
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No problem here. Other day had 1500 rds delivered and UPS guy asked if i was going to war with someone...Really dont like that he knows i have guns in my place. but what you gonna do..

Or the classic UPS Driver question... "Do you know something I don't know...?"

Link Posted: 6/13/2009 8:55:11 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm in Gainesville, I havent had any issues.  My last order came via Orlando from UPS.  I dont think I've had anything routed via Jax lately.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:26:39 AM EDT
[#7]
I worked at the Jax hub for over two years. I'm not really aware of what might be currently going on there, but I'm sure things aren't going good. Things were starting to get really really bad before I left there in like March 2008.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:35:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I worked at the Jax hub for over two years. I'm not really aware of what might be currently going on there, but I'm sure things aren't going good. Things were starting to get really really bad before I left there in like March 2008.

you started to demise of UPS globally?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:39:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you started to demise of UPS globally?

I hope so... I'd love to see that entire corporation go down in flames.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 7:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Must be the same guy I got...   asked me when the war was going to start.  Now every time I get a package he says "more guns?" to which I reply "no, I sold all of mine".

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:19:16 AM EDT
[#11]
somewhere i overheard talk that Fedex is massively outpacing UPS

It might have been on Rush

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:14:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Can't and isn't happening. Fedex doesn't make anywhere near as much money as UPS and isn't anywhere near as large. UPS is about twice the size of Fedex and makes more than twice as much money.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
I've had a few packages take a few extra days to get here. They'd sit somewhere for a day or two before continuing their voyage to my house.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:41:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I've had a few packages take a few extra days to get here. They'd sit somewhere for a day or two before continuing their voyage to my house.

UPS has a five day operation, much like the other parcel companies. They also only sort and move certain packages during certain times of the day and night.

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Haven't noticed any issues here. Still getting our daily delivery and pickup as usual.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:

UPS has a five day operation, much like the other parcel companies. They also only sort and move certain packages during certain times of the day and night.

I know. There's no reason for something to be sitting somewhere for 2 or 3 days during the week and delaying my delivery time by that same amount.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Can't and isn't happening. Fedex doesn't make anywhere near as much money as UPS and isn't anywhere near as large. UPS is about twice the size of Fedex and makes more than twice as much money.

maybe I remembered it backwards then. They were talking about one of them just killing the other...  I personally use UPS over Fedex for cost reasons, but then I use USPS the most, cause I'm cheap
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:05:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know. There's no reason for something to be sitting somewhere for 2 or 3 days during the week and delaying my delivery time by that same amount.

There are plenty of good reasons for a parcel to be sitting in a hub without moving. Weather, volume, damaged packages, train delays, a hub only sorting certain packages on certain days, the package was lost within the system, ect.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Has anyone been having any issues receiving packages lately?  Two different ammo orders (one from the EE and one from Palmetto) have been seriously delayed.  I normally wouldn't think much of it but I made an order of some music and stuff with a friend's card at their address and that hasn't shown up either.  My package in Jax was delayed three days and I only know that because of the tracking number.  I'm in Gainesville.  Anyone else having any issues?

I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem with UPS with two orders I'm tracking.

Another thing I'm gonna' bitch about is that the driver always drops the packages off in front of my door and doesn't even bother to knock or ring the bell.

The only way I know that my packages have arrived is that I hear the truck pulling away from the curb.

You'd think they'd be a little more careful when delivering packages that are labeled "small arms ammunition".
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 6:49:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm currently experiencing the exact same problem with UPS with two orders I'm tracking.

Another thing I'm gonna' bitch about is that the driver always drops the packages off in front of my door and doesn't even bother to knock or ring the bell.

The only way I know that my packages have arrived is that I hear the truck pulling away from the curb.

You'd think they'd be a little more careful when delivering packages that are labeled "small arms ammunition".

You don't have dogs do you?

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:06:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Since this is such an exciting discussion, it should be known two of my packages have sorted themselves out.  The one I was tracking showed up with almost a whole flap missing and my Brown Bear 9mm almost spilling out of the box.  It actually kinda looked like someone wanted to see what was inside.  My 5.56 TAP is still missing in the mail though.

I guess I can't complain too much.  At least they didn't lose my USP.

The guy does knock on my door, but he always happens to show up right when I leave too so no one ever hears it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:02:13 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

They're different business models, Fedex started as an Airline doing overnight / 2 day deliveries and then expanded into other areas.  UPS started waay back in the day as a ground carrier first.  Fedex flys more cargo than any other airline including UPS.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:59:48 PM EDT
[#23]
UPS having issues?

It's constant with them... when do they NOT have issues?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I just received a case of RA40TA this morning and for the first time, the UPS guy did knock on the door and handed me the ammo.

He said that since it was ammunition he preferred to hand it to me rather than leave it lying by my front door.

I asked him if he was the usual guy on the route and he said no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top