Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2008 2:31:49 PM EDT
I've been browsing around on the other HTFs and all I see are topics like...

"Is this Legal?"
"Can i get a AW that's not on the Ban List?"
"I can't get a CCW because the LEO won't sign for it"
"When I buy a firearm do I have to get it registered?"

So on and so forth.... 2nd Amendment Rights in Florida are pretty nice. Other then Open Carry I think we have it made. It's against Florida Law for the Government to keep a list of firearms. CCWs are shall issue. We have no City, County, or State Ban, etc...

I think all we need is open carry and a repeal of the Ban on Post '86 Crap and I'd be happy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 2:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I second that. I used to live in california and I'm glad I moved!
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 2:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

"Is this Legal?"

So on and so forth.... 2nd Amendment Rights in Florida are pretty nice. Other then Open Carry I think we have it made. It's against Florida Law for the Government to keep a list of firearms. CCWs are shall issue. We have no City, County, or State Ban, etc...

I think all we need is open carry and a repeal of the Ban on Post '86 Crap and I'd be happy.

that would be a dream.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Is this Legal?"

that would be a dream.

Almost like a wet dream!!
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#4]
As much bitching that I do about leaving here I will miss the Freedom this wonderful State does provide us. Really gotta go because of the almighty $$. Who'd figure???
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Why stop there?

Let's repeal the 89 Import Ban!!!!

Uzi's, Galil's, HK93's, SIG 550.......
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#6]
 Florida has been leading the way since 1987.  That's why it is so important to support your gun friendly politicians, especially with all the liberals that retire here.
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 6:33:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Legal paper work (trust) = $350
ATF TAX stamp = $200
MP5 = $8000

Being a law abiding Florida citizen = priceless
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I am from nj now that place hates guns all I can say is thank god for FL, NJ NOW PAST A LAW IF YOU HAVE A BULLET IN THE CAR WITH OUT A FIREARMS ID YOU GO RIGHT TO JAIL.AND ONE GUN A MONTH BUT YOU NEED A PERMIT TO BUY THAT TAKES 6 MONTHS TO GET THE PERMIT  AND YOU WANT TO CARRY A GUN IN NJ  50 CAL BAN IS COMEING   THIS IS WHY IF THE DEM WIN YOU CAN START TO SEE THESE LAWS COMEING
Link Posted: 5/30/2008 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Dude... NJ will arrest me for having a lose round in my truck? I'm screwed! I have lose rounds of .22LR, 5.56x45mm, 7.62x54R Blanks, plus Brass.

Good thing I'm never going to NJ. Not even to visit Family. They come down south.... I don't go up north.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 5:26:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Why stop there?

Let's repeal the 89 Import Ban!!!!

Uzi's, Galil's, HK93's, SIG 550.......

Let's take this to the federal level and repeal the 1934 NFA and all subsequent Acts.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:16:54 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Dude... NJ will arrest me for having a lose round in my truck? I'm screwed! I have lose rounds of .22LR, 5.56x45mm, 7.62x54R Blanks, plus Brass.

Good thing I'm never going to NJ. Not even to visit Family. They come down south.... I don't go up north.

New Jersey does'nt even let their "subject's" pump their own gas.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Just don't mention it in the CHTF
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:37:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just don't mention it in the CHTF

Been a JAX Florida resident and a registered Republican since 1986  My first gun bought was, where else (Gun gallery-back in early '90s)
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

LOL You go to the range a round falls out of your  bag in the car,later that day you let you wife use the the  she get pulled over say good by to your wife,the law was made to stop gangs,and wifes who are fileing for divorce  
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"Is this Legal?"

that would be a dream.

Almost like a wet dream!!

a wet dream would be a lift of ban on all explosive devices!!!!
eta* I'm an addicted pyro.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 9:22:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

"Is this Legal?"

I can certainly agree with that.

Oh yeah, and no state income tax! FL is great!
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 9:35:12 AM EDT
[#17]
The gun laws in Florida are great. It is one of the few reasons I stay here.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Hoooray for the Florida waiting periods amd 5 round mag limit when hunting.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 1:15:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

what critter in Fla can't be taken with 5 rds of .30cal?
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Dumb question time:  does the 5 round mag limit mean you can hunt with a 30 round mag, but have only 5 rounds in it or does it mean you'd better have a 5 round mag period?  

What about carrying a pistol while hunting (or is that a no-no)?  Same mag limit?  If so, who makes a 5 round mag for a 1911 or Glock?  

Can you tell I don't hunt?  
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dumb question time:  does the 5 round mag limit mean you can hunt with a 30 round mag, but have only 5 rounds in it or does it mean you'd better have a 5 round mag period?  

What about carrying a pistol while hunting (or is that a no-no)?  Same mag limit?  If so, who makes a 5 round mag for a 1911 or Glock?  

myfwc.com/hunting
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

basically the mag just has to be plugged somehow, be it permanent or temporary. Just as long as the magazine can accept no more than 5 rounds.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Moved from a gun friendly state to a gun friendly state.

It's all I've ever known and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 6:51:30 PM EDT
[#24]
There are many reason why I'm here too
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sometimes you need that 30 rd mag.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8IfYPAcnE4
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 8:06:41 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I really just watch that whole 1.35 mino vid just to see not a damn pig fall?

Why yes, I did.
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#27]
If hogs are hunted on private property in the State of Florida they are not viewed by the State as game animals. The State considers hogs to be pest animals on private property. Hence you are not restricted by a mag limit. You can use a Browning 1919 if you want....
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did I really just watch that whole 1.35 mino vid just to see not a damn pig fall?

Why yes, I did.

thats what I was thinkin'....me saw a big feller there, and a gun......but maybe he felt like too much of  a sissy to shoot them underneath a feeder.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:30:42 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
If hogs are hunted on private property in the State of Florida they are not viewed by the State as game animals. The State considers hogs to be pest animals on private property. Hence you are not restricted by a mag limit. You can use a Browning 1919 if you want....

You bet and at night with a light... with full auto if you want... its a blast!
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#30]
I've never lived anywhere that wasn't a Gun Free State. If anything Florida might be slightly more restrictive than where I grew up.
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 6:59:08 PM EDT
[#31]
you better have a full 30 round mag to take down a sasquatsch...and even though they dont exist Fl has them on the protected species list...
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 7:39:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why yes, I did.

thats what I was thinkin'....me saw a big feller there, and a gun......but maybe he felt like too much of  a sissy to shoot them underneath a feeder.

Sometimes you have enough in the freezer and don't feel like cleaning one.

Nothing wrong with feeders. I still want to deer hunt with some dogs.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 6:37:38 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
you better have a full 30 round mag to take down a sasquatsch...and even though they dont exist Fl has them on the protected species list...

Who says they dont "exist" here?...
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#34]
yep, I love FL.  before here I lived in HI, and it was the

Inasmuch as gun rights go, I think if we went from being on the defensive & reacting to the anti-gun efforts, and only trying to keep what little rights we have left, we instead went on the offensive and brought the fight to them, and overwhelmed them with the righteousness of our fight & our numbers, things would change.  

2A supporters also need to realize that we don't need to justify or explain why we need a gun, and not just a gun, but the most advanced weaponry available...it's the anti-gun nuts who should have to explain themselves, and justify why they aren't willing to be their own last line of defense, and why they think they have the right to assign the final responsibility of saving their own ass to someone else.    
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who says they dont "exist" here?...

Florida has the skunkape.
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

You might need more than 30 rd mag to take down one...since I saw one awhile back shooting an AR15.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:10:41 AM EDT
[#37]
I own an RDIAS and I would be first in line to sighn a repeal in the 86' ban!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#38]
I moved from NY. I came specifically because of the gun laws. My wife wanted some place warm. I gave her a list of states and said pick one. Here we are. I'm lovin it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:11:40 PM EDT
[#39]
That was me shooting one of Diveriters guns !!! I had my shirt off!!

Ihave heard many folks that don't believe the sasquatsch esists...I personally think otherwise and I am familiar with the skunkape as well. check out bfro.net if you find the subject interesting.

now I need to find silver bb's so I can make shotgun loads for werewolves...
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:13:47 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Get the f*ck outta here, seriously??

If I see one, I'm shootin' it anyway.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:22:13 PM EDT
[#41]
yeah Fl supposedly protects them under House bill -58. With that in mind I am searching for a vopy of the bill to post. It might be a bunch of BS but what else do I have to do tonight but sleep....
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#42]
My wife ask me if all my guns were registered.
"Registered," I said, "I live in America, I don't have to register my guns."
Link Posted: 6/6/2008 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I think all gun laws are unconstitutional. Let's repeal them all..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top