Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2007 3:06:56 PM EDT
There is not enough time to setup this class anymore.  Those who were interested and called my apologies.

The original thread was trashed because I did not get prior approval and I have WASTED 2 days trying to get the post back up as our mods have just bounced me around between them passing the buck and making me run around circles.

There is simply just not enough time to set this up.  I needed to get a final confirmed number to Sonny tonight.  Sorry ...  Maybe next time ...
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Thnx for the effort.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 4:20:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:33:59 PM EDT
[#3]
sorry, I feel I was bounced around and after re-reading all the IMs between everyone involved I'm even more convinced.

Does not matter -- whats done is done and I don't care to argue/discuss it ...
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:54:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just posting here to post the class if off -- but you guys want to talk about it -- here we go ...

1st, I do think you guys do a good job here, but you guys lack consistency.  This is not a personal attack.  I merely stated I FELT you guys bounced me around.  Here is why I feel such ... (my full responses were not saved by me so I only quoted the ones I received back in responses)

My first message from TC6969:

Specific To Sales
1.) Companies or individuals cannot advertise or sell products in the forums (including siglines and titles) without prior approval from the site owners. (Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis.)

This clearly a group buy situation and needs approval from site staff.

Please ask the approving staffer to un trash the thread.

TC

I responded apologizing and explaining the last minute timing of the situation and asking what needs to be done to get the post back.

Response:

Contact Striker.

He handles things like this and is very good about approving them.

It continues with a good explanation of the reasons.  I understand them and have no problem with them.

I PM Striker with the following:

Can you please approve and untrash the following thread:

LAST MINUTE chance for a class with Sonny Puzikas ... in the HT FL forum.

I was offered the chance this morning to setup a small class here in Miami to be taught by Sonny Puzikas. Not sure if you are familiar with him but he is considered the best trainer in the world on the ak47 and its use in the Russian systema technique.

Im not going to make any money on it. I'm just looking for people who want to take the class with me and split the costs. Problem is I need to get a confirmed list of people in by tomorrow night.

Any help would be appreciated.

Response:

Did you discuss this with the Florida forum mods? If you didn't, they are the guys that you need to talk to.

THIS IS WHERE BEING BOUNCED AROUND STARTS !!!

I respond:

I was told to talk to you ... This is frustrating ...

Response by Striker:

by who?

I respond:

TC6969, he was also the person who trashed it.

I also PM SGB as per strikers comment of "talk to the Florida mods"

I get a response of:

It wasn't me that trashed the thread so I guess you'll have to get with TC6969 to work it out

I respond:

I have and he tells me to go to striker and striker says to go to him and you .. WTF ???? Seriously -- this is a little annoying ...

I was having some net issues at work because of the wheather and I apparently sent this to SGB 3 times.  I get the response of:

You've sent me this IM three times........ in three minutes.........

Please do not SPAM me with IM's if you wish for my assistance in this matter just ask.

I respond with an apology explaining the new/weather issue and ASK FOR HIS HELP.

I'll contact TC6969 and find out why he trashed it and get back with you.

I get a response back from SGB:

I pulled up the thread and read it and then conferred with TC6969. I agree with his assessment of the rules.

Any time you are involving or using the site to put together an event which requires the collection of funds you must get Staff pre-approval.

SO WHY IS NO ONE HELPING ME GET THE POST BACK UP ???????  WHY DO I KEEP GETTING TOSSED AROUND INSTEAD OF YOU GUYS JUST HELPING ME SOLVE THE PROBLEM ???????

I finally get this from SGB a DAY LATER:

I think you need to approach staff to get approval for a new thread rather than trying to resurrect the dead one.

Neither TC6969 or I have an objection as long as Staff approves prior to posting.

If I would of been told that the day before I might of had time to get the class going.  But its not that I dont want to go through the trouble, there was just not enough time left to get it done.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:00:37 AM EDT
[#6]
All my point is -- someone should of just said the first time and I would of had the post back up and maybe we would of been getting some world class, very rare training with one of the masters:

We trashed it because of this....

You cant resurrect the old post so just ask for permission on a new post and we will approve it as fast as we can.

Send the request to : ....

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:30:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Jeez, it's almost like dealing with the federal government...
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:36:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:39:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Is this what you felt like? Sorry the class didn't work out for you.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:01:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:16:49 PM EDT
[#11]
SGB you are correct -- I used your name instead of TC6969 in the first posts ...  My apologies, I will fix them now ...

Either way -- It does not matter -- hopefully next time WE can handle things smother and I have a little more time to setup a class like this.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I will be more than willing to assist.

Link Posted: 6/15/2007 4:34:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top