Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/30/2006 1:55:57 AM EDT
I have the day off so I will head down to Punta Gorda and see for myself.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:59:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Enjoy! I wish I could go...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:27:45 AM EDT
[#2]
We just gotta get 'em on our side. Get 'em to visit the site, maybe buy 'em a membership, let 'em see some BOTD threads, some good draw down stories. Then we let 'em shoot some of our cool weapons, feed 'em some burgers, get Brent to make 'em a couple custom decals, give 'em a discount on duracoat, I'll give 'em a couple bottles of vino.......we'll turn 'em into Arfcommers!!!

jj
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:34:00 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We just gotta get 'em on our side. Get 'em to visit the site, maybe buy 'em a membership, let 'em see some BOTD threads, some good draw down stories. Then we let 'em shoot some of our cool weapons, feed 'em some burgers, get Brent to make 'em a couple custom decals, give 'em a discount on duracoat, I'll give 'em a couple bottles of vino.......we'll turn 'em into Arfcommers!!!

jj

I tried to feed the FWC guy some burgers yesterday. He turned them down, but I could tell he was thinking about saying yes for a few seconds. He didn't look like he was missing any meals.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

jj

I dont know JJ, I met Tom today and he was really proud of the way he showed those bunch of yahoos with the pumpkins who was boss. Soooo.....I seriously doubt your going to recruit that old Marine or get him to see the error of his ways.
Other than the Elmers and the R/O talking all the new Sheriff in town smack
we had an enjoyable time.
Edit to add-After we started shooting he seemed more interested in sitting at the gate in a lawn chair checking everyones entry ticket.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 1:11:12 PM EDT
[#5]
them old Marines are a crotchety lot.  
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
them old Marines are a crotchety lot.  

Word.
jj

Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

I dont know JJ, I met Tom today and he was really proud of the way he showed those bunch of yahoos with the pumpkins who was boss. Soooo.....I seriously doubt your going to recruit that old Marine or get him to see the error of his ways.
Edit to add-After we started shooting he seemed more interested in sitting at the gate in a lawn chair checking everyones entry ticket.

Heheheheh. Isn't that how most .gov operations go?

jj
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:15:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

At the Iron Ranger? Or at the gate area to the ranges?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:12:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

jj

At the Iron Ranger? Or at the gate area to the ranges?

Dan he sits at the gate to the ranges and waits for "Non Payers"
What exactly does RSO stand for?..........Range  Security Officer?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:19:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Range Safety Officer.

or.. Really Stupid Oldguy

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:33:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Range Safety Officer.

or.. Really Stupid Oldguy

I kinda knew that but since all he did while we were shooting was check tickets
I thought maybe he was more of a range......... ninja.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:56:07 PM EDT
[#12]
 I stopped by there today on my way home to pop off some rounds, did not see any staff, just a few hunters. This must be a weekend thing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 2:12:54 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 I stopped by there today on my way home to pop off some rounds, did not see any staff, just a few hunters. This must be a weekend thing.

I was there monday at the 10:00a opening time.(right after the prisoners finished cleaning the range)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top