Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 12:39:43 PM EDT
I am going to be in Tampa 22 April till 1 May and curious if there are any "must see" gun stores.  I am sharing a rental car and my work schedule is going to be 12-14 hours a day for the entire period with unknown periods of time off.

If there is a must see gun store that's sort of near MacDill AFB or the Airport (staying at one of the nearby hotels), please let me know and I will try and make some time to go by. Other than that, I feel like this trip is going to be a ride on a slave galley and I am one of the oarsmen.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Uh, not really, all the gunshops are the same. IF your lookin for good service and lookin to buy a gun Id say goto Crackerboys in StPete. If ya wanna see a 3 million dollar indoor gun range that rents Full Auto, id say goto Knights , otherwise a store is a store is a store.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:50:40 PM EDT
[#2]
There are som nice "shops" on Dale Mabry. I would post a link, but it may be a CoC violation.

jj
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are som nice "shops" on Dale Mabry. I would post a link, but it may be a CoC violation.

jj

Yip. You have your choice of Big guns and Lil guns. Only cost ya 20bux to walk thru the door. They are exclusive "GUN" shops.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 4:02:21 AM EDT
[#4]
I once shot my gun at 2040 N. Dale Mabry......  

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 6:45:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Uh, not really, all the gunshops are the same. IF your lookin for good service and lookin to buy a gun Id say goto Crackerboys in StPete. If ya wanna see a 3 million dollar indoor gun range that rents Full Auto, id say goto Knights , otherwise a store is a store is a store.

It doesn't sound like there are any outstanding stores in Tampa.  I was looking for something along the lines of Jim's Pawn(Gun) Shop in Fayetteville, NC.  One that has a large selection of high end rifles such as Accuracy International products plus a large line of AR type accessories such as optics, rails, etc.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#6]
You could try University Gun and Pawn at Fletcher Ave. and 22nd st.

They have a large selection of EBR's and some High End guns. I like 'em YMMV
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#7]
There is only one really good store with a good selection of high end handguns, rifles and accessories.  University Gun and Pawn on Fowler Avenue.  They attend all the local gun shows as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top