Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2006 10:19:12 AM EDT
As I'm too damn lazy to google my way to an answer, I thought maybe you folks could help me out.....

Trippin' to Tampa next week, and thought I'd throw a pack rod in my bag to chuck a few baits in the surf off "Treasure Island" where we're staying. I guess this would be considered the "Gulf Coast"? My question is, do I need a Fla. fishing license to do this (legally)? If so, any idea what a non-resident license runs, and where I'd go to get it?

Thanks,

Jav
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 11:44:48 AM EDT
[#1]
No fishing licence needed unless they know where U from. I have never been asked for one on land. Now in a boat, yes U better get one. Or you could get one for 3 days for $6.50 Here
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 2:03:20 PM EDT
[#2]
This time of year you'll do better chunkin' a bait in one of the canals or boat docks on the 'inside' of TI, if you have access. Trust me.

Either way, you don't need a license to fish from shore.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 3:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 2/11/2006 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't need a license to fish from a pier either.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 1:16:41 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
You don't need a license to fish from a pier either.

Cuz it's attatched to....  the shore.
Link Posted: 2/12/2006 4:59:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
This time of year you'll do better chunkin' a bait in one of the canals or boat docks on the 'inside' of TI, if you have access. Trust me.

Either way, you don't need a license to fish from shore.

That's all that's around right now.  Ask a local tackle shop for a rig to cacth Sheepshead. Go find a dock, scrape teh piling with an oar or something to get some barnacles in the water and drop your line.

There's nothing on the beaches right now.  Our fish like teh water up around 72.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top