Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/28/2006 5:55:28 PM EDT
Anyone been? What kind of stuff do they carry?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:13:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Not a bad small shop kinda high on the ammo but they usually have some good prices on the rifles at the funshow.

Nice fellows that run the place.

There are kinda near Phillips and University in the old doughnut shop building
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 6:16:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Anyone been? What kind of stuff do they carry?

They carry pretty much everything. They also have some of the best prices in town. The customer service is usally hit or miss though. I purchased a few pistols from them with relatively no issues. The transfer rates are $40 a pistol, 10% for anything over $1k.

I stopped going there though, even after all of the pistols I bought from them everytime I transfered something I would get attitude. The kicker was when my buddy walked in looking for an AK, he asked to see/hold the model on the wall and he was told that he didn't look like he could afford it so he didn't need to hold it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've never had a problem there.

Quoted:
I stopped going there though, even after all of the pistols I bought from them everytime I transfered something I would get attitude. The kicker was when my buddy walked in looking for an AK, he asked to see/hold the model on the wall and he was told that he didn't look like he could afford it so he didn't need to hold it.

I know everyone there quite well including the owner. I have never seen something like this happen. If you can tell me exactly who your friend dealt with I'd like to know.

It was the bushy haired guy with glasses. He's usually the "miss" when it comes to service there. Everyone else is usually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:10:05 PM EDT
[#5]
They are at every gun show in Jax, that's where I had an unpleasant encounter with the owner there.He was             a real horses ass. I would not buy a gun from them under any circumstances.
They can
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 3:42:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I've never bought from Shooters, but had a bad experience over the phone once. After that one call I deiced they'd not get my business.

I called there to get a price on a G34 and was quoted a price of $649 "best price in town" he says.

I had all ready gotten a price of $589 from another shop so I told the guy at Shooters that I already had a price of $589 and his response was "$589 huh? Come on down we'll match that."

I'm thinking; "Wait a minute, he first gives me a price of $649 then drops it down $60 to get the sale?"

If he wanted my business he should have given me the lowest price up front and not try to take me for a sucker.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:15:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I agree with the hit and miss customer service.  Fair prices on their special buy items in handguns at the shop, high prices at the shows. It seems if you ask a question that even appears you know alittle they turn up the attitude.  I won't be back, can get enough attitude at work don't need it were I spend my money.  Find an FFL that is a dealer and enthusiest rather than a retail business and do some transfers.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 1:50:16 PM EDT
[#8]
They were as nice as can be when I spent a little over 2000.00 on several guns but when I asked about doing a transfer I got the old brush off.  I'll only buy from there again as a last resort.
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 5:54:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Damn, and all this time I thought it was just me
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:58:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I've been in there a couple of times. They're alright, but that big guy with the bushy hair is a moron.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Bunch of used car salesmen.  Pushy, arrogant, obnoxious.  Most don't know the products, i.e. the difference between an internal and external extractor, but they'll BS you and tell you what they think you need to hear.

Worst of all, one of the head guys reneged on the price of a Baer Thunder Ranch that they offered my friend.  I witnessed both the original and latter offer.  Selective amnesia.

Link Posted: 2/2/2006 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah bash anyone there in paticular they all have done a John Kerry and flip flopped on prices I dont trust them and would never spend my money there no matter what the price.

Give St Johns Firearms a try not always the cheapest but you ALWAYS get their best price and if you show up two months later guess what same price. Plus they have a great selection and will order whater ever you want as long as you put your money where your mouth is. I buy all mine there because I TRUST them.

Gun Gallery is not bad as long as you get Neil the others are not always the brightest bulbs in the strand and very little selection unless you like AR's and they are the highest price of the three

Remember this is a business all their jobs are to make money just the the rest of us who work.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:02:02 PM EDT
[#14]
I never liked those folks at shooters.saw them at the gunshow today and just went by their wares..Gun Gallery used to be the best price in town, I bought several firearms from them in the early late 80's with the Pop & sons manning the store...I just buy online now and pick it up at Best Pawn & gun (Paul Duffy)in Lane avenue $25 for transfer fee all the time. GOOD PEOPLE TO DEAL WITH...been to Gun gallery not too long ago and they won't let me shoot my RRA 9mm CAR4... they do let me shoot my Bushey Carbon 9mm pistol though.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#15]
"St Johns Firearms"

Anyone have an address or can give directions?  This is the one just inside St. John's County, right?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
"St Johns Firearms"

Anyone have an address or can give directions?  This is the one just inside St. John's County, right?

From Jax, take 95 South, hang a left at CR210 and it's about 1/2 mile on your right.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you sir.  I've heard good things about them.  Might go and check them out tomorrow.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thank you sir.  I've heard good things about them.  Might go and check them out tomorrow.

Might want to wait until Tuesday. They're closed Sundays and Mondays.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:53:17 AM EDT
[#19]
Glad I looked at this before I went out today.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:58:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Best Pawn & gun on Lane

I'll have to check them out.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:50:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I've never had a problem there.

I have never had a problem there either.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:29:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Bring Cigars and the prices could be even better for you. Stan loves cigars!!!!!

Slug-O
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 7:21:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:00:51 AM EDT
[#24]
+1 for Stan at St. John's Firearms.  He'll work out some great deals on parts & Accs., especially when you do business with him on guns.

Most of my guns are bought out of state and transferred through The Doghouse in Jax Beach though.  He does transfers for around $30 and is easy to deal with.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
+1 for Stan at St. John's Firearms.  He'll work out some great deals on parts & Accs., especially when you do business with him on guns.

Most of my guns are bought out of state and transferred through The Doghouse in Jax Beach though.  He does transfers for around $30 and is easy to deal with.

When I lived in Jax I got around to most of those places:

I've bought some accessories and have done a couple of transfers with Stan at St. John's and a transfer with (if I remember right) Jim at The Doghouse, both are nice guys and pleasent to deal with. When I had three AR lowers transferred in one order Stan charged me one transfer fee, everybody else I talked to in town wanted a seperate transfer fee per serial number, not per order. (I thought it was BS to have to pay $90 in transfer fees for three stripped Stag lowers, but that is what most of the places in town wanted.)  

I bought some handguns, a shotgun and a rifle from Shooters over the last few years, I always dealt with Rob at Shooters and got great prices, just have to haggle a bit sometimes, never had a problem. At the gunshows I have attended in Jax and Tallahassee they usually had the lowest prices or where equal to or would match another vendors at least.

There is a group out of Orlando that comes to the Jacksonville gunshow sometimes, Weapons Unlimited, they have some decent specials sometimes.

Gun Gallery has an indoor range and while their prices on handguns are usually a little higher than Shooters they used to throw in free range time with a purchase so that makes up for it if you use it and go shooting a few times. The guys working in there were always friendly.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top