Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2005 6:56:52 PM EDT
News Article

Check out the link above.  I work at a big business in Brevard County and think a law like this would be awesome.  It is beyond my comprehension that a big company will quickly tell you that you are not allowed to possess a firearm on their property, but if an outsider comes onto their property and commits bodily harm, the company sure won't step up to the plate and take responsibility.

Is anyone connected with getting this law proposed?  I see the NRA is gonna back it ... sometimes they do something right ... everyone once in a while.  Are any of the other organizations going to back it?

Looking for information.  Thanks in advance.

Ryan
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#1]
YES, this was proposed by St. Rep. Dennis Baxley, R, Ocala (I lost to him in the 2k race for St. Rep.)

The anti-gunners will complain that this will increase the number of gun deaths because more people will carry guns to work and when they get pissed, they'll kill their coworkers, employers, and customers.

What a crock of shit. The law office I work with has plenty of firepower, all the attorneys and paralegals carry, have guns in their desks, etc.

I have never seen such a stupid complaint over a law to protect citizens from b/g. Thats like puting a sign in the yard that states "GUN FREE HOME".

Fear not, this bill will pass!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:03:14 AM EDT
[#2]
WOOhoo go Ocala rep. Next I vote for open carry!!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:18:45 AM EDT
[#3]
I lived in WI for the first 30 years of my life, and asked the Sheriff about open carry, because concealed is still illegal, and was told on numerous occasions - NOT IN HIS COUNTY!!!

Open carry in FLA??!!!  I would love to show off my... um... "gun"!!  (lol)
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 7:37:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I lived in WI for the first 30 years of my life, and asked the Sheriff about open carry, because concealed is still illegal, and was told on numerous occasions - NOT IN HIS COUNTY!!!

man, if we go open carry, thatll be badass. Ill upgrade to full size .45 with pearl handles.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
News Article

Check out the link above...

After reading on the artcle, click "HOME" and vote in the poll on their front page related to this.  WE'RE LOSING!

ETA:  FWIW, I created a "FIRE MISSION" thread:  www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=395832&page=1
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
POLL

Republican lawmakers are proposing a bill that would give Floridians the right to keep guns locked in their vehicles while they're at work -- a practice now banned by many companies. Your opinion?

[_] I'm in favor it it. Companies should not be allowed to limit workers' constitutional right to bear arms.

[_] I'm opposed to it. Allowing people to have guns at work is dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 1:24:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

man, if we go open carry, thatll be badass. Ill upgrade to full size .45 with pearl handles.

Florida open carry, not in our life time (i hope i am WRONG)

in case i am WRONG, then i`ll get Wildey
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God that would be a sight, We can only hope right! Keep up the good work, fight the good fight for us guys, well help where ever and when ever we can.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top