Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 4:21:41 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Same as usual, but a bit on the smallish side.  Maybe everyone was at home loading up and waiting for home intruders.  

I ended up spending a lot of money today, tho.  

the last can of 500 rounds of .223 from Georgia Arms ammo folks, $85.00  (up by $5.00 since my last purchase)
20 rounds of 6.5 X 55 Ballistic tip ammo for the 1896 Swedish mauser, $20.00, also from Georgia Arms...hogs, you have been put on notice!
RRA 16" M4 upper with charging handle and bolt carrier, chrome lined, $450
Spike's Tactical forged lower made by the same folks who make DPMS and Bushmaster, $100
2 new 30 round mags with Magpul followers, $40, purchased by my wife
Taking your wife to the range a few weeks back and letting her shoot your M4, then hearing her decide that she would like one as well:  Priceless.

Oh dear God, what have I done!?!?!?  I can barely afford my gear.  Now I have to buy a whole new rifle!!!  and...AND...she simply must have a Jard single stage so that it shoots just as "sweet" as mine...and she simply must have a Tactical Link single stage...and Phantom flash hider...

Ignore me.  Really.

I have been waiting for 4 years for her to develop an interest in something besides her hunting rifle and it has finally happened, so I am not complaining.  Crying a little, but not complaining.

About the gun show.  There are a few cool things there if you know where to look, but no real super cool specials or anything.  There was a vendor with a very cool carry belt pouch that can hold 4-5 30 rounders and 2 pistol mags on the side.  At first glance, it looks like a camera case.  That's about all that really struck me as interesting.  One vendor has some very good prices on Steiner binoculars.  For example, he had a Predator 10 X 26 for $150.  The best price on those that I can find are at www.riflescopes.com at $168.

-White Horse
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Was at the Orlando show today. It was smaller than usual with only one hall in use. I didn't buy any firearms, but made several good buys on odds and ends. Scored a like new Colt Govt Carbine barrel at a really good price! It was the only AR part that the guy had on his table. No AR parts vendors were at Orlando. Think that I'll stay home tomorow and watch football.

Larry
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Usual vendors with the same over priced stuff. I often wonder if they will ever actually sell anything.

There are a few vendors who are happy to wheel and deal and offer a good price, but not worth a 2 hour trip.

There were what appears to be a few newbies that had some very good items for a good price.

Link Posted: 10/1/2005 8:11:46 PM EDT
[#4]
First time going to the Orlando show. Definitely prefer the Lakeland show. Also the first time the girlfriend came along and she actually enjoyed a few things. Mainly the old WWII stuff and the derringers
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 3:34:09 AM EDT
[#5]
it was good.. a lot of deals,,nothing to brag about tho. it was smaller only in the 2nd large building and not the two. as they normally are...sorry dont check the Ar parts but there was a few fal/cetme/g3 deals to be had along with several great C+R deals lying about.   762x51nato 1260 round crate  of SA 260$.... to tables over at a vendor i wont name cuz i dislike him,, 900rnd case of sa 762x51 299$.......

yeah checked out spikes.. and those lowers in case i even wanted to buildone also, but passed, mainly finger fucked the maxpidetion gear he had out,, but could seem to part the 60-70$ from my wallet to get one of thier bags.

noticed alot fo private sale tables also,,morethan normal,,mostly huting style rifles,,lever actions,, pistols and odd's and ends,, ect few jerky tables two tables fullof gen1 NVG ect ect.. it was ok  for the 7$ admin,, and the 50 minute drive.... i made out on agreat deal as did a friend of mine  who picke dup a great springy m1a natl match with ss barrel like new mounts ect fer 1000$ otd.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
it was ok i got rid of my Yugo SKS for 160 and then bought a WASR GP for 275 with 2 mags a bayo and sling
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:42:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:17:07 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw the billboard for it on the way to work, they cut me early and i was in the area so i stopped in. Found a complete AMD sidefolder with rivets and all for $20 new in wrapper. Looked at some lowers from that guy in Deland, wanted to buy one but decided not to. Looked at some mosin nagants too, all were shitty, no matching number russians. The first table in the door had one M44, i picked it up and start looking it over asking how much he wanted for it. He said he was taking offers and threw out $90. It looked nice, since im a young guy(19) he figured i didnt know anything i guess so he walks over saying "Yeah, that there is a real russian weapon...blah blah blah". Right i away said "No its not." He kinda chuckled and smiled as to say i was an idiot. I spun it around so he could see the receiver markings, "This is Polish, factory eleven" Showing him the circle with the 11 in it. His buddies behind the table who were laughing too stopped and were like "What did he say". They were dumbfounded, and didnt know if i was bsing or not, so i figured it had to have import marks somewhere, yup right on the barrel "POLAND"

I didnt get it in the end, it was too much for what it was, and the bolt # didnt match that of the receiver # so it might not be headspaced. It did have a different front sight post though. Guess its a Polish thing.

I really enjoyed the $550 wasr's and the $2000 no ban colt AR's. My favorite was the JoeKen AK "Assault Pistol" for ONLY $1,199!  Right next to a sign saying you wont find lower prices anywhere. That was soo funny i took a pic of the price tag with my camera phone, ill try to upload it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 2:36:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I saw the billboard for it on the way to work, they cut me early and i was in the area so i stopped in. Found a complete AMD sidefolder with rivets and all for $20 new in wrapper. Looked at some lowers from that guy in Deland, wanted to buy one but decided not to. Looked at some mosin nagants too, all were shitty, no matching number russians. The first table in the door had one M44, i picked it up and start looking it over asking how much he wanted for it. He said he was taking offers and threw out $90. It looked nice, since im a young guy(19) he figured i didnt know anything i guess so he walks over saying "Yeah, that there is a real russian weapon...blah blah blah". Right i away said "No its not." He kinda chuckled and smiled as to say i was an idiot. I spun it around so he could see the receiver markings, "This is Polish, factory eleven" Showing him the circle with the 11 in it. His buddies behind the table who were laughing too stopped and were like "What did he say". They were dumbfounded, and didnt know if i was bsing or not, so i figured it had to have import marks somewhere, yup right on the barrel "POLAND"

I didnt get it in the end, it was too much for what it was, and the bolt # didnt match that of the receiver # so it might not be headspaced. It did have a different front sight post though. Guess its a Polish thing.

I really enjoyed the $550 wasr's and the $2000 no ban colt AR's. My favorite was the JoeKen AK "Assault Pistol" for ONLY $1,199!  Right next to a sign saying you wont find lower prices anywhere. That was soo funny i took a pic of the price tag with my camera phone, ill try to upload it.

there was a hex head 44 dated  M44 at one table for 90$ nice wood decent blue,,, ect ect right nextto 3 other outta the box typicla 70$ m44's.. i almost got it,, but passed.......
also passed on a FR8 and FR7 both fairly priced....saw a nice sar for 325$ with mags and such.... there was deals to be had,,, you just had to look,,
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#10]
yeah, i saw the hex m44. i saw a nic(new in cosmoline) Sar-2. it was in the 500 range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:35:30 AM EDT
[#11]
I satisfied my gun-show curiosity at the las SunCoast in Ft. Lauderdale.  almost all of it was grossly-overpriced crap.   A Beretta .25 for $400 or $500.  The gun looked new & the little Berettas are nice, but the price?   BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.  
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#12]
yea alot of the dealers didnt know what they were selling when it came to aks i saw on a table a sign that said SAR-2 $500 so i picked it up and markings on the reciever were for a WASR
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 1:07:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
yea alot of the dealers didnt know what they were selling when it came to aks i saw on a table a sign that said SAR-2 $500 so i picked it up and markings on the reciever were for a WASR

Yeah i saw that one, i was like SAR-2? I dont see any dimples..turn it over and it was a WASR 2, first time i got to see one.

Edit: It had the upturned charging handle too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top