Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2005 4:01:54 PM EDT
Well folks our sheriff has put a stop on anymore transfers in his county. He seemed to be very promising when he took office this year. He's a cop not a politician and openly said he had no problem signing off on them. Currently he says he was unaware of how indepth his departments background checks needed to be and he does not have the man power needed  for the task at the moment. I'm sure this is due to pressure by the BATFE.  That's how it usually starts. Carry one.

J
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:06:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Our Sheriff here in Broward County is Ken Jenne. He's a lawyer, never has been a LEO.

Supposedly, he received pressure (by who remains unknown) to begin signing Class 3 paperwork which he was allegedly denying. I have yet to verify this allegation as it seems there is no media proof of this. I know of one person who has gotten him to sign off.

In a 2003 CNN live report, Ken Jenne used a FA AK47 to demonstrate the lethality of firearms regulated by the AWB. It caused a shitstorm down here and later CNN aired a retraction piece.
I believe all of us contributed to sunsetting of the AWB. It was clear Ken Jenne was a gun grabbing liberal, yet he won re-election.

These Sheriffs succomb to pressure. Put pressure on yours by any means necessary. You should not be denied a signature provided you have BATFE approval. There's just no legitimate reason for him to deny the sign-off. It's Bullshit.

Law abiding citizens don't pose a threat to peaceful society.

There is an active petition to have Ken Jenne removed from office.
With a high retirement age voting base who support the Sheriff, it has been difficult.

www.petitiononline.com/jenneout/petition.html

I'll gladly sign any petition calling for the removal of any Sheriff who denies LAC's the right to Class 3 firearms.

HS1

Link Posted: 8/2/2005 11:17:53 PM EDT
[#2]
every sherif that has stopped sighning for class 3/ nfa has NOT been re-elected in lee co.  every sherif elected said they would, when they stopped they spit on those who voted/gave money to there causes.  Mc D , Shope , now Scott i know who i wont be voting for... the other / other way to take him to court and force him to do it, its been done in the past...(other#1=incorporate) the people that want class #/nfa are the honest supporters (with money)
i guess he wants the liberal leftist dirtbags to support him. damn-it i supported that putz i feel wronged.

I think this is
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 1:29:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Currently he says he was unaware of how indepth his departments background checks needed to be and he does not have the man power needed for the task at the moment.

I don't for one second believe the ATF has anything to do with his flip-flop. Does he actually believe his chicken shit little background check trumps the feds!?  That's pure unadulterated crap!  

A judge needs to issue a 'shall sign' writ of mandamus to force public officials to do their damned job.

Looks like a whole bunch of new corporatons will be springing up in Lee county.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top