Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2004 9:18:47 AM EDT
i should ahve done research before ordering damnit.  I ordered a carry handle scope mount from them 2 weeks ago today...  no word fromt hem other than my original reciept(and the $61.20 they took from my bank account)

now i'm pretty sure they're going to use this hurricane as an excuse not to get me my part...  should i go ahead and initiate a chargeback now or should i be a nice guy and wait a week?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You have been here plenty long enough to know that florida gun works are a bunch of scam artists with no shred of doing business with honor and integrity.

Demand your money back and take the appropriate actions!

YES, YOU HAVE BEEN SCREWED!

HS1
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You have been here plenty long enough to know that florida gun works are a bunch of scam artists with no shred of doing business with honor and integrity.

Demand your money back and take the appropriate actions!

YES, YOU HAVE BEEN SCREWED!

HS1

i actually had no idea.  I should have done research before ordering.  I gave them an ultimatem.  they can either give me a tracking number or a efund by end of businessfriday or i'm going to reverse charges.

honestly,  I really liked the mount.  it's pretty much identical to the ARMS 39 without the price tag.  that's exactly what i've been looking for and i can't seem to find anyone else that has it "in stock" heh.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I got screwed by these guys 3 years ago.  Brought in the feds & it got real nasty.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 1:36:53 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I got screwed by these guys 3 years ago.  Brought in the feds & it got real nasty.

mind going into a little more detail if you can?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:03:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I wouldn't doubt it, they're about as useful as a $3 bill.

but I will tell you that www.floridaARMORY.com is good, I deal with them all the time and they are decent people. They used to be with floridagunworks and left and opened thier own shop.

on the other note, what happened when you called the feds???

joe
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't doubt it, they're about as useful as a $3 bill.

but I will tell you that www.floridaARMORY.com is good, I deal with them all the time and they are decent people. They used to be with floridagunworks and left and opened thier own shop.

on the other note, what happened when you called the feds???

joe

floridaarmory.com goes to floridagunworks.com
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:49:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Honestly I hate dealing with the feds if I don't have too, so that was not my first choice.  But you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes:

1.  Sold me a pre-ban Bushy AR.  It took over a month to arrive, was NOT a pre-ban weapon, they shipped directly to my home instead of my FFL's address.  They were full of excuses.  First my funds didn't arrive, then they misplaced them, then his kids were sick & so he couldn't ship, then he said he shipped but forgot tracking info, then he sent tracking info that showed he sent that day.

2.  Bought 5,000rds of Radway-Green .308 on links for my M60's.  There were 3,000 count when the box arrived & they shipped via USPS Parcel Post.

I'm sure everyone can find many bad things so far here.

These were on 1 order paid with a USPS Money Order.

He refused to refund the Bushy funds stating that he was an FFL and knew his firearms, it was a pre-ban....  Refused to refund the remaining 2,000rds of .308 or send more because he said when he shipped it was all there and I was just out to screw him.
This went back & fourth for about 5 weeks.  Finally I told him that I would contact the USPS Inspectors office because I paid with a postal money order, he sent the weapon USPS to my home, and sent the bulk ammo via USPS.  He told me to Fu** off & do it if I dared.  
So I called & went to the inspectors office.  They took all the 20+ emails & replys that I had and forwarded it off to Florida.  
I didn't hear much back on it for another number of weeks until I got a nasty letter in the mail & a check covering my complete purchase from Florida Gun Works.

Eventhough I have NFA toys and have been around the block, I failed to do research this 1 time!  After all this, I spend no more than 10 minutes and found bad stuff.  He would like under 4-5 different names on different boards, out bid himself on Gunbroker (when it was a free site), ect.  This was back in 1999-2000.

Hope it helps!     thanks for bringing up my pissed off memories!!!  

Link Posted: 9/8/2004 10:50:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Tell me the "name" of the person you're dealing with.  If you don't want to post here, send me an IM.  I'll let you know if it's the same guy.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:05:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tell me the "name" of the person you're dealing with.  If you don't want to post here, send me an IM.  I'll let you know if it's the same guy.

i don't know...  that's the crazy thing!

all i have from them is my original reciept.  I sent them an order status email last week and i sent this to them on tuesday

to whomever it may concern:

I need a status on my order placed august 25th for an AR15 scope mount.  i
do not have my reciept at my office,  but i ahve emailed requesting a
status last week and i have not heard back.

the order is for Charles Ray in Katy Texas.  my order total was $61.20.

i have done some research regarding floridagunworks.com and i must say i'm
highly dissapointed in the way you have handled previous customers.  I
would hope this does not end the same way.

i would like assurance that my item has been shipped,  with a FedEx or UPS
tracking number, or a full refund of my purchase(with confirmation by my
credit card company). if i have not recieved either by  friday september
10th i will file a chargeback with my credit card company

the reason i am taking such drastic measures is because of the poor
reputation floridagunworks.com has.  I have read multiple instances where
items are listed as "in stock" but are not shipped for several weeks after
the order is placed,  with many excuses and sob stories to fill in the
time gap.

I am on a time constraint to get this mount in ASAP.  I hope you
understand my situation and why i am asking this of you.

thanks in advance,  and i'm anticipation your reply

Charles Ray

needless to say i haven't heard anything yet.  i'm going to initiate a chargeback tomorrow.  I'm so pissed
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:33:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry to hear about your luck with these stupid pieces of shit. I had a month long ordeal with them a year and half or so ago and I tell everyone I come in contact with to avoid them at all costs.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, that stinks.  

Floridagunworks makes Botach look like they know what they're doing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top