Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 7:42:55 AM EDT
Everyone

To all those that have sent me you info Thank you!

to: Everyone else!

This club has two purposes, the obvious -- to have IPSC match and three gun match at a nice range close to where I live.

The second is access to more ranges state wide. If shooting is to survive a place to shoot is essential. About 10 years ago the Clintonites took public use of Dept of Correction ranges away from the public in Florida. Late in 2003 Florida passed some legislation that public use of DC ranges should be permitted. The dept of DC has developed a set of guidelines for that use. Being the bureaucrats they are, the list is long and the hurdle is high. So we are attempting to scale that hurdle.

The hurdles, only IPSC and NRA clubs are allowed, certified range officers are required, background checks of all shooters is required, 2 million dollars of insurance, and $100 a day use fee. All is this must be collected documented and turned in advance of getting permission to use the range for matches.

Now you can bitch but that won't get us in, I have talked with them about doing a NIC check the day of match for new shooters, letting CCW in, and LE immediately and the answer was no not to start with, it was wait to see how this goes. So turn in your paperwork and see if you can be responsible and follow the rules then will talk about the other requests. This has taking several years of letters and paperwork.

So there are two of us involved in getting this going, a retired Florida scooter officer and myself. We have taken on the responsibility of the hurtles of state, plus time and money to get the club going. Knowing good an well we could end up out the money over $1500.00 and time.

We are close very close, we need more RO's and members who are willing to give us your NAME, Address, DOB, phone number and Drivers license. We are NOT asking for money! Just support by showing up and Shooting!!!!!!

Email me and send a phone number and I'll call you and get the info and give your ours.

=======================
[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
My partner and I have contacted Mr. King and all appears to be on the up and up.  Contact him and have him call you and I think you will agree.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Mr.King, I recommend you contact FDLE and get a listing of all the LE agencies in the surrounding counties including Sheriff's Offices and PD's.  Send a letter to the departments for general posting as well as a cc to the firearms section/instructors.

I know that there are LE types out there who would like to do this but thet simply are not on AR15.com.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Count in 1 LE firearms instructor from Alachua County, get something printed up and I'll distribute it up this way. Email with info sent to roy-roy address.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:25:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I will get a form letter, and info sheet made up and send to both of you. Thanks for the support. Will try and find that info from the FDLE site. Thanks for the suggestion and support.

I made up the first mover cart last night and getting some quotes on some armor plate targets for the rifle/shotgun match.

If the movers work out OK, we will build several. I want to have movers that transverse and well as charge toward you and away from you. Working on the activation switch right now, want to integrate it into the metal plate targets.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 10:23:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Well with all the effort you guys seem to be showing I'd be happy to throw a little sweat equity your way contact info sent again.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:36:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Mr. King, you have my number.  If you need a work detail to get things going, don't hesitate to call.  Tony and I will be glad to help in any way we can.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all for the info

And for the offer to help. As we get closer I will post what we need help with. Steel seems to be highest need right now. Especially rifle hard.

//
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#8]
CKing, Email inbound. I'm interested and know a few guys in my agency and some in Levy County that just might be interested. I'll talk to them.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:01:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Any more news on this haven't heard anything othere than the few emails we exchanged. When should we look forward to getting going.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#10]
No word yet, the Hurricanes may have slowed things down some.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#11]
Our local academy 200 yard range was flooded to the 150 yard line and still is. We figured out some short range rifle training on Fri. Hope we can get this going soon.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:25:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Whats up Mr. King??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top