Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/27/2020 8:29:47 PM EDT
I was thinking we should get a thread started specifically for the sp5 and sp5k.
There are so many variations and set ups available. Sometimes it’s hard to choose just one.

Maybe this thread will help persuade one way over the other. Or in true arfcom fashion. Just get both
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Ahhhh....a clone shaming thread.  
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:41:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ahhhh....a clone shaming thread.  
View Quote
Hey, post em if ya got em!

I just don’t want to dig through the “hk collections” looking for mp5s/k guns!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:25:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hey, post em if ya got em!

I just don’t want to dig through the “hk collections” looking for mp5s/k guns!
View Quote
Giving some serious thought about getting a K. Hopefully finances allow an HK instead of a clone at the time.  I just have too many irons in the fire with all my hobbies.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 2:15:41 AM EDT
[#8]
MP5K-N made from a SP5K.

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 11:19:27 AM EDT
[#9]

The wood stock was a ridiculous waste of money, but fuck it...I wanted it.

Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://i.vgy.me/SWXt1N.jpg

https://i.vgy.me/Es1F18.jpg

The wood stock was a ridiculous waste of money, but fuck it...I wanted it.

https://i.vgy.me/iBjGiJ.jpg
View Quote
The wood stock is slick. I’ve seen a few cut down fore end, id love to get my hands on one.

What fore end is that with the extended k grip?
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 12:53:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The wood stock is slick. I’ve seen a few cut down fore end, id love to get my hands on one.

What fore end is that with the extended k grip?
View Quote
It's a factory HK spacer so you can use the K grip on a full size.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:19:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Well, this thread popping up in active topics cost me $2500 today.  :)

Now where the heck can a guy find some mags for a new SP5K?
It's crazy out there.
Pics when it comes in.
Link Posted: 1/29/2020 9:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Well, this thread popping up in active topics cost me $2500 today.  :)

Now where the heck can a guy find some mags for a new SP5K?
It's crazy out there.
Pics when it comes in.
View Quote
Congrats on the buy. You will not be disappointed. Magazine wise, AU has some, I grabbed a few from them. FYI they are HK but aren’t in HK bags and ship in a regular USPS blister envelope.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-MP5-HK94-SP89-SP5-30rd-9mm-Magazine-p/hk-206349s.htm
Link Posted: 1/30/2020 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Congrats on the buy. You will not be disappointed. Magazine wise, AU has some, I grabbed a few from them. FYI they are HK but aren’t in HK bags and ship in a regular USPS blister envelope.

https://www.armsunlimited.com/Heckler-Koch-MP5-HK94-SP89-SP5-30rd-9mm-Magazine-p/hk-206349s.htm
View Quote
TYVM!!  Ordered 2 of those. Really looking forward to getting this in.
Link Posted: 2/3/2020 1:23:54 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 2/4/2020 5:05:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Still need to get my stamp in and swap out the rear sight but it works.

When I first got it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#17]
First night I brought it home.

Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:04:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Wow I've been living under a rock.

So, for someone that got the SP5K what do you need to put a brace on it? Say an SBA3 or a tailhook v2?
What about different fore end options? Will any MP5K fore grip work?
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

So, for someone that got the SP5K what do you need to put a brace on it? Say an SBA3 or a tailhook v2?
View Quote
Nothng, you just pop it on the back like any normal end cap / stock that is made for an mp5k
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Nothng, you just pop it on the back like any normal end cap / stock that is made for an mp5k
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool. I expected it to be a little more difficult for some reason.
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 8:07:03 PM EDT
[#21]
So much goodness in this thread.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 10:42:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 2:25:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 3:44:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Did I hear that there will be an SP5K coming that has the paddle release and a threaded 3 lug barrel?

I've gotten both the SP5 and the SP5K in now, and I'm liking the K best. I just wish it had those 2 features. Well, and FA of course but that goes without sayin...
Link Posted: 2/20/2020 7:58:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did I hear that there will be an SP5K coming that has the paddle release and a threaded 3 lug barrel?

I've gotten both the SP5 and the SP5K in now, and I'm liking the K best. I just wish it had those 2 features. Well, and FA of course but that goes without sayin...
View Quote
I don’t know where the rumors came from about the k coming out with a three lug and a paddle release.

It wouldn’t make sense to me considering the k Has actually gotten worse. They now have a rod in the mag well where the paddle would go compared to earlier versions not having one at all.

I don’t see why they would add it only to remove it again and add a paddle. IMO
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:19:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Love this thing. Need to get a black suppressor cover, and once I modify the SF head unit a lil, I’ll be able to use the SF hand guard and Osprey together.

Link Posted: 2/21/2020 9:55:26 AM EDT
[#27]
BDU has sp5's for 2,160 if I can  ever grab one before they go out of stock.. Hopefully I can snag one soon!  I'm going to put a kac rail and the telescope stock when I can finally grab one
Link Posted: 2/21/2020 10:44:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
BDU has sp5's for 2,160 if I can  ever grab one before they go out of stock.. Hopefully I can snag one soon!  I'm going to put a kac rail and the telescope stock when I can finally grab one
View Quote
BDU is a large drop shipper. I doubt you will ever see the SP5 show up in stock there as they will be sold before they can even allocate to BDU's possible inventory. When you look at places like BDU, Lanbos, etc you'll notice their inventory often says they have the same quantities of stuff in stock. I like BDU but I think it'll be difficult to secure a high demand item from them.

Picture thread:

Link Posted: 2/22/2020 3:03:37 AM EDT
[#29]
Beautiful guns. This thread is going to cost me money. I've been saving up for a host for my 9mm can (currently in NFA jail) and thought I would be happy with a PTR 9CT. But seeing the real deal makes me wonder if I'm going to regret not just dropping an extra $1k for an SP5.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Beautiful guns. This thread is going to cost me money. I've been saving up for a host for my 9mm can (currently in NFA jail) and thought I would be happy with a PTR 9CT. But seeing the real deal makes me wonder if I'm going to regret not just dropping an extra $1k for an SP5.
View Quote
I think in the long run, you will be happier with the HK.  The difference for me locally is about $860 OTD.  I'm getting both.  Plus the HK comes with 2 actual MP5 mags vs 2 ETS mags.  Right now that is worth at least $125 difference.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 10:02:29 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
BDU is a large drop shipper. I doubt you will ever see the SP5 show up in stock there as they will be sold before they can even allocate to BDU's possible inventory. When you look at places like BDU, Lanbos, etc you'll notice their inventory often says they have the same quantities of stuff in stock. I like BDU but I think it'll be difficult to secure a high demand item from them.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They have been in stock a couple times but I was at work when I got the notification and they were out of stock when I finally saw it. I'm really not in a hurry but If I can get one from them, awesome. If not, I'll have to fork over another 500-600. My LGS got one yesterday and I was able to handle it and that just made me want one more. They feel really solid and robust.

ETA: I COULD go put the sp5 at my lgs on layaway today... I just hate doing that since a lot can happen in 3 months. Is $2700 a decent price? I think it was either 2700 or 2800. Cant remember specifically.
Link Posted: 2/22/2020 4:46:06 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

They have been in stock a couple times but I was at work when I got the notification and they were out of stock when I finally saw it. I'm really not in a hurry but If I can get one from them, awesome. If not, I'll have to fork over another 500-600. My LGS got one yesterday and I was able to handle it and that just made me want one more. They feel really solid and robust.

ETA: I COULD go put the sp5 at my lgs on layaway today... I just hate doing that since a lot can happen in 3 months. Is $2700 a decent price? I think it was either 2700 or 2800. Cant remember specifically.
View Quote
I’ve been on the BDU notification lists since the SP5 has come out and never gotten an email.

In any case I think MSRP or less is a good buy. Especially when compared to high end domestic builds like DT and TPM.
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/5/2020 6:53:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I made a little modification to my SP5.  After a few matches with it, I have found that while I really like the RDS, the gun was clearly designed to be shot with the iron sights--every time I shoulder the gun with a good cheek weld, I'm looking at the base of the red dot sight.  I briefly considered getting one of those rear sight replacement blocks that direct mounts an RMR, but I really like the MRO.  So I did the next best thing (the free thing) and made a small cheek riser out of a piece of kydex.  I used the two push-pin holes in the stock, and a couple of T-nuts.  It works absolutely perfectly, and puts my eye on the right level every time.

Link Posted: 3/8/2020 1:44:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Waiting on the Wolfman, but very happy with how it turned out. I still plan on getting a B&T folding stock, along with a 2nd complete lower with a binary trigger setup (for funsies)

Link Posted: 3/8/2020 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#36]
How about both in one pic? :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#37]
SP89 checking in. Made when good non-commie Germany was making them.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top